The Food Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited July 2022

Had a grill problem and couldn’t get it hot enough to seat the tuna better 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Those look great!  (And, more peppers)
    Martini was really good.  Right on with the spice.  I wish I could have had another one or two but the schedule only allowed for one.  Perhaps tomorrow evening I can make another.  (Depends on Cold Coors Light takedown during daytime pool \ grill / inlaws action tomorrow after a 5k 🏃‍♀️)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited July 2022
    First plate from Taco Monday feast.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    There used to be a great Coney place near where I grew up in Florida, Sean's Coney Island. I used to beg pretty much every adult in my family to take me there at least once a week.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,602
    Hi! said:

Nice. What's in there? Radishes or apples.
    dankind said:
    There used to be a great Coney place near where I grew up in Florida, Sean's Coney Island. I used to beg pretty much every adult in my family to take me there at least once a week.
    Sounds like you can turn that into a Tom Waits song. Love a good hot dog. A joint by me puts a pickle spear, raw onions and mustard on them. Sounds gross but it's awesome.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Loujoe said:
    Hi! said:

Nice. What's in there? Radishes or apples.
    Radishes

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Not as good as 53rd and 6th, but we take what we can get in this culinary wasteland. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    What's that^^
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Guessing Halal cart style. No red sauce though :)
    Yes. Street meat. Chicken over rice. 

Actually, extra red on mine, especially from the 53rd and 6th guys. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    that's hot. 
    I've been getting diff stuff from a columbian bakery. Chix hearts, pigs feet, tripe. It's all unique, done like a stew over rice beans plantains or yucca. I wouldn't eat it all the time but I like to try different food.  I feel like chix hearts are a super lean protein. Kinda gross after a while. :s

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I like hearts.  The feet part is where I struggle.  Tried a handful of them and it doesn't get easier, for me.  
    Yakitori made me a huge fan of the insides of the chicken.  :lol:   
    I love that stuff.
    I never had chix feet. I don't think there is enough meat on there.
    Love me some chicken feet when they are done right. Requires a trip to Chinatown. Also they are a secret ingredient in my chicken stock.
    And 100% agree, good yakitori joints know how to best serve chicken parts. 
    Chicken feet @ dim sum shop is a goto to gross out some newbies.  I just don't like it that much...

Have not found good yakitori near me.  When we lived in LA we were spoiled by many.  Our favorite was less than 5 miles away.  Would eat there a lot.  Echigo and chicken gizzard are the fucking bomb.
    Chicken feet @ dim sum shop is a goto to gross out some newbies.  I just don't like it that much...

Have not found good yakitori near me.  When we lived in LA we were spoiled by many.  Our favorite was less than 5 miles away.  Would eat there a lot.  Echigo and chicken gizzard are the fucking bomb.

That and the 1,000 year old egg!  Agree on the gizzard, never thought I would like that.  Yakitori joints have started to show up in NYC, I just do not go into the city anymore. When in Japan I would have yakitori every day! Need to get back there soon.
    Big fan of heart, liver and all.  Never had feet, but would try.
    Awesome.  I could eat yakitori every day and not tire of it.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Eating lunch in Cesky Krumlov in Czech Republic. Lots of grilled meats. So delicious. 

Whoa. Awesome 👌 
    It was delicious. Almost enough to fill the hole that was made by the canceled concert 😀
    Yeah bummer about the show. Stinks but hopefully you’re still enjoying it and that food looks friggen incredible 
    Yeah bummer about the show. Stinks but hopefully you’re still enjoying it and that food looks friggen incredible 
    Thanks. I am having a great time. I will be traveling around this cool country for another week. Luckily I planned the show around by vacation, not my vacation around the show. But it still stings a bit. 

Roasted sausage in black beer. My friend ordered this but I had a taste and it is delicious. 
    Looks 👍 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Down on the Chesapeake in Virginia.   

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Oh hell yes!

I SAW PEARL JAM