2»

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691
    So happy to hear River Cross, that was just the cherry on top for me
  • Options
    Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    Great show.
    Was watching Stone's guitar changes looking for a bass - Clairvoyants sounded great. That was the new one I wanted to hear most.

And nice as an English person to be able to complain about the weather. That was too much sun!
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    IamTom said:
    Can we all agree a huge plastic tree blocking most of a screen was ridiculously unnecessary:) We get it’s the Oak stage, thankfully it wasn’t the construction stage otherwise Ed & Mike would’ve been having to avoid a bunch of guys on a break staring at a pile of sand. 
    It’s hideous. I bet no bird has ever mistaken it for a real tree either. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    edited July 2022
    I VOTED FOR WHIPPING :smiley:
    After a tiresome day, I woke up invigorated and my only concern was if the boys would still have some energy left. I was at the 10C-15 queue around 09:30 (1 hour earlier than Friday). Amongst the first twenty people on the queue, I said "Good morning!" to familiar faces from the previous day, but also got to make new friends: Lisa from Scotland - thank you for the bottle of water, the banana and the pack of biscuits! (that cute dog ate my toast :smiley:), a Polish lady married to a Scottish man (I don't remember her name - never met her husband), and Nafsika (a Greek lady). This time right in front of Eddie slightly towards Stone's side! :open_mouth: While I was there I met two more Polish ladies (Justyna and her friend - thank you Justyna for offering me Amsterdam tickets, unfortunately I cannot go), and Tiia from Finland. The Last Internationale were amazing to start the day! What an energy! And the frontwoman is gorgeous! :wink: This Charming Man sung by Johnny?! Whoa! While I was waiting for Stereophonics to come out, Mike came with his Polaroid camera and his security guy to take pictures of us (thank you Laura from Spain for telling me to stand up)! I'm definitely part of his personal collection now. While he was taking pictures his security guy was handing out guitar picks: He placed one directly in my palm (second black i pick which was later exchanged for a white i - thank you Rosa from Spain!). Then Mike started asking for what songs we would like to hear: I shouted twice EDUCATION. He repeated the title, pointed at me and said: "Noted!". That was not meant to happen, but towards the end of the show Eddie gestured my square glasses and waved hi to me with a big smile on his face. Then during Alive he pointed at me and said to the security guy: "Him!". I couldn't stop playing the tambourine for the last 3-4 songs. Elated! End of the concert, last hugs and kisses along with "Enjoy the rest of the tour!" and walking back to my hostel alone. There were at least 4 couples that I can remember who stopped me to congratulate me on catching Eddie's tambourine (you cannot hide the sound of a tambourine). One of those couples asked me to touch it. :lol: From the bottom of my heart, a huge thank you for another awesome night Pearl Jam! My fourth show in total, and last for this tour. I can't wait to relive all these memories through the bootlegs!

^ The security lady in the background (Hannah) was a pro! :smiley:

^ Throw Your Hatred Down w/ Danny Clinch

^ Animal

^ Eruption

Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,848
    Ewa and keith. My dear friends. Polish and scottish couple. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    The big screen behind the band  showing our faces reminded me of The Fixer video clip. I felt that I was part of a PJ music video. So cool! :smiley: I can spot myself in most of the YT videos.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,748
    I recognize that wristband!!!
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 575
    Anyone know what tickets or how people got onto the two speaker stands in ten club section. Looked like they even had a bar. Surely they had an amazing view of stage and crowd. Just curious what type of tickets they were or probably just reserved for bands friends and family?
  • Options
    They  are soundboards and i believe they  are friends and family
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,144
    chitty said:
    Anyone know what tickets or how people got onto the two speaker stands in ten club section. Looked like they even had a bar. Surely they had an amazing view of stage and crowd. Just curious what type of tickets they were or probably just reserved for bands friends and family?
    Saw some people walking up to them with red lanyards think they said artist guests 
  • Options
    UKBgirlUKBgirl UK Posts: 99
    Night 2 we took easier and arrived at Hyde Park just as Stereophonics were coming on stage.  We managed to reach about 6 back from front on the aisle Stones side again.  The area was definitely busier than the previous day and there were definitely more Brits on the piss in the area too.

Setlist was a cracker but the night wasn't as enjoyable overall due to the crappy behaviour of people who weren't actual PJ fans - just had the right tickets to get them in.

Highlight for me was a massively animated Stone - constantly coming up front and doing his penguin march with a big grin on his face.  Mike was loving every minute too - the look of sheer joy on his face at the end of Baba was fantastic.

Ed was interacting with everyone - including the stewards and paramedics (one of them got a tambo).  Stewards were great at keeping water flowing to the crowd too.

Hopefully when the next tour is announced (please!) there will be some arena/stadium shows for a full on PJ experience.
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,370
    I really don't like it when Faithfull is misspelled.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 326
    edited July 2022
    2nd night, loved seeing Petrol Girls on the little stage, then went and enjoyed most of Johnny Mart’s set, before suffering through the boredom of Stereophonics for a half decent spot for PJ.

The crowd was definitely busier night 2, but the people around me seemed decent and had a nice chat before the band kicked off with a classic, Corduroy.  I really enjoyed Small Town, but was ecstatic when Garden started and hearing it for the first time live!  DotC and Not for You we’re great in particular, as well as Faithfull and River Cross; Black is always enjoyable!

Loved both nights, and to hear 42 tracks over the two nights; would have loved one from No Code across the days, but they can’t play them all.  Couldn’t pick a favourite night, though the Friday was a more enjoyable day all in all thanks to Pixies.

Definitely won’t leave it 10 years next time!

Post edited by Planet of Sound on
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    How long before the boots become available? I cannot wait for them to relive the experience. 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    How long before the boots become available? I cannot wait for them to relive the experience. 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options

^ I can spot myself in this pic! :smiley:
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    edited August 2022
    A very emotional listen for me.  I was worried that *my* band, the one I am more emotionally invested in than anything that isn't family, would be a let down, what with the stories of shorter sets and the reasons for that, plus I'd just seen Billie Eilish and Twenty One Pilots who were both put on excellent shows from humans at the peak of their physical powers, and still at the top of the Sean Connery Trainspotting downward curve.

Listening back confirmed that the shorter sets meant they were more focused less meandering and, having two nights to play with, could spread the set-list out.  On paper night 2 has more of the hits, but on multiple listens, night 1 has that special something that Eddie commented on and it just edges it for me.
    Post edited by CloudDog23 on

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK