The Food Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Good start to Father’s Day 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Looks great!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Day off tomorrow and a 9:30 dinner. Was a good day of eating

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Cliffy damn that’s some tasty treats! That’s perfect for father’s weekend! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    edited June 2022
    some turnips/carrots from my garden. Sweet potatoes, salmon cajun spice butter beer. Darn good.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    easy clean up!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Looks great!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Day off tomorrow and a 9:30 dinner. Was a good day of eating

Ah man...
    Great stuff.
    Photo dump…this was an experience. Photos are all out of order

Where was that,?
    (Something tells me you are going to say it's from my (not) guy Jesse @ Royal S&I?)
    It looks great 👍 
    It was not. Impossible to get in there. This was Hiroki in fishtown. Really good and cool experience 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,444
    Nothing better than a high quality omakase. Looks great.
    edited June 2022
    It was not. Impossible to get in there. This was Hiroki in fishtown. Really good and cool experience 
    Interesting- thanks!
    I'm a giant fucking hog for this stuff, I'd be there for two hours, gorging.  
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Is top left sea urchin with caviar over Toro?
    Love that little crab as well.
    It all looks great.
    edited July 2022
    eddiec said:
    It all looks great.
    Wagyu, urchin and caviar.

The little crab was one of the more interesting things I have had. Not soft shell for sure. It was good just crunch right into it
    eddiec said:
    It all looks great.

The little crab was one of the more interesting things I have had. Not soft shell for sure. It was good just crunch right into it

Those little crabs are very popular in Japan. They serve them in bowls like bar snacks and they can have different seasonings. They are very common and I would guess the one served to you was cooked fresh.  They taste like shrimpy corn nuts IMHO.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Coneys for breakfast. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Perhaps my second favorite food after Japanese, hot dogs! Looks great!
    Get_Right said:
    eddiec said:
    It all looks great.

Those little crabs are very popular in Japan. They serve them in bowls like bar snacks and they can have different seasonings. They are very common and I would guess the one served to you was cooked fresh.  They taste like shrimpy corn nuts IMHO.
    Very cool. I am a fan. 
    Chili dogs / burgers
    Look awful - straight horrible.
    Taste, when good, can be amazing.
    I bet that was an enjoyable breakfast!

That sort of breakfast is best washed down with a beer.  ;)

Hard To Imagine I could be hungry after chili dogs for breakfast but I worked up an appetite walking around Belle Isle Park for a couple hours. So I drove up Woodward to one of my favorite spots, Sign OF The Beef Carver. Homemade food served kinda cafeteria style. You walk in, grab a tray, and work yourself on down the line. After picking out your items, you pay, and then the server will walk your tray to the table.  My main entree was ribs. They are boiled and/or baked and the sauce is loaded with minced onions. I love them. They have lots of different entrees though, stuffed chicken, steak, carved beef ect. To drink I had Vernors. Only thing I didn’t get that I wanted was baked macaroni and cheese and carrot cake. Gotta draw the line somewhere! So damn good and I’m so damn full now.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Chili dogs / burgers

They were awesome. I was starving so I’m sure I was maybe a little partial but I think they are probably best Coneys I’ve had. Better than Lafayette Dog or American Coney IMO. Which are 2 other popular spots in Detroit. 

Hi! said:
    Chili dogs / burgers

They were awesome. I was starving so I’m sure I was maybe a little partial but I think they are probably best Coneys I’ve had. Better than Lafayette Dog or American Coney IMO. Which are 2 other popular spots in Detroit. 

I used to go to the auto show in Detroit every year up until about 2015. Going to both American and Lafayette was mandatory.  Being from CT, checking out local hot dogs is a favorite endeavor. Never heard of your spot because I was a tourist!
    edited July 2022
    Get_Right said:
    Hi! said:
    Chili dogs / burgers

I used to go to the auto show in Detroit every year up until about 2015. Going to both American and Lafayette was mandatory.  Being from CT, checking out local hot dogs is a favorite endeavor. Never heard of your spot because I was a tourist!
    My first time,  I’ve been wanting to stop in since I seen it on Parts Unknown, I typically hit up the other spots as well. Well if you happen this way again you’ll have to stop there, I think you’ll agree Dulys is probably best.
    Post edited by Hi! on

edited July 2022
    After a salting for a day, going in for a reverse sear slow cook.  I usually don't take the time to do it this way, good to change it up once in a while.
    Gonna be tasty.

And....out.  2 less rare and 1 for me, I like it almost raw.  
    So damn good!

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    After a salting for a day, going in for a reverse sear slow cook.  I usually don't take the time to do it this way, good to change it up once in a while.
    Gonna be tasty.

And....out.  2 less rare and 1 for me, I like it almost raw.  
    So damn good!

As good as it gets.

summer!

Peppers.  I bought some pickled jalapeños today at the farmers market that I'm going to use in a martini tonight.
    I'd eat about 10 of those from the grill, while cooking.
    Seafood Sunday 

Peppers.  I bought some pickled jalapeños today at the farmers market that I'm going to use in a martini tonight.
    I'd eat about 10 of those from the grill, while cooking.
    How was the martini? Sounds awesome