I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

So one of my record store guys who knows my taste texted me earlier to say that he just bought a collection that had some sealed early 90s records. I ran over and he had four OG sealed Pearl Jam records. I have been wanting this one since I keep hearing that it sounds so much better than the reissue. I think I am going to crack this one open and play it. He also had No Code which I was considering but I already have the black reissue and the clear. I don’t need 3. He also had Ten and Vitalogy sealed as well. I am fine with the reissues of those so I only got Vs. If any of you want me to run back and get one of the others for you, let me know:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

I have to laugh at the original $7.99 price sticker on this Vs album. 
    You're definitely going to enjoy an OG Vs. Big difference.  I'm sure Ten is similar, although I'm not willing to spend 3 bills on it.  I have too many copies that I never listen to.  Awesome offer and really cool record store.  
    The OG of Ten is worth it. Just my opinion. $300 was a helluva deal in fact 
    I know it is a great deal for Ten and I did consider it. But I rarely listen to the one I have now. I overplayed it when I was younger - even though I do love the songs. If he was selling it for the same $100-120 as the others, I may have gotten it. $300 is hard to put down for a record I don't listen to as much. Now I am thinking of No Code. For you experts is the OG worth it over the black and clear reissues?

Yes. 

I like the OG no code a lot more. It’s probably my favorite PJ album so I do listen to it a lot so that one is worth it. 

The clear one in particular has a lot of surface noise that won’t clean out. Black one is better.  Mine is the 2016 but the 2021 is the same remaster 

the most noticeable one is ten though out of everything .  For sure the OG is obviously better.  Yield and No Code may be the best reissues out of them all 
    Dammit. Now I have to go back and get No Code. It is one of my favorites. I was hoping you would say that the reissues are better or just as good. But since I do play this one a lot, I might as well go for it. Luckily the store is around the corner from my apartment. Will the post the photo shortly. I will resist getting Ten when I am there though. For sure.

I’m fairly sure most people will say the no code versions are close. It’s nitpicking details. I think it sounds thin on the reissue. 

really unless your clear has a lot of clicks and pops which seems pretty common, your not going to be blown away with the difference 

ten is a no brainier on the sound…. But it’s a lot more money 
    ten isn’t in my top 5 PJ albums either so I’m not particularly ten focused so then it’s harder to justify 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    I know. It is a lot. I’m torn. I’m going back to look again. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

So one of my record store guys who knows my taste texted me earlier to say that he just bought a collection that had some sealed early 90s records. I ran over and he had four OG sealed Pearl Jam records. I have been wanting this one since I keep hearing that it sounds so much better than the reissue. I think I am going to crack this one open and play it. He also had No Code which I was considering but I already have the black reissue and the clear. I don’t need 3. He also had Ten and Vitalogy sealed as well. I am fine with the reissues of those so I only got Vs. If any of you want me to run back and get one of the others for you, let me know:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

You're definitely going to enjoy an OG Vs. Big difference.  I'm sure Ten is similar, although I'm not willing to spend 3 bills on it.  I have too many copies that I never listen to.  Awesome offer and really cool record store.  
    The OG of Ten is worth it. Just my opinion. $300 was a helluva deal in fact 
    I know it is a great deal for Ten and I did consider it. But I rarely listen to the one I have now. I overplayed it when I was younger - even though I do love the songs. If he was selling it for the same $100-120 as the others, I may have gotten it. $300 is hard to put down for a record I don't listen to as much. Now I am thinking of No Code. For you experts is the OG worth it over the black and clear reissues?

Yes. 

I like the OG no code a lot more. It’s probably my favorite PJ album so I do listen to it a lot so that one is worth it. 

The clear one in particular has a lot of surface noise that won’t clean out. Black one is better.  Mine is the 2016 but the 2021 is the same remaster 

the most noticeable one is ten though out of everything .  For sure the OG is obviously better.  Yield and No Code may be the best reissues out of them all 
    Dammit. Now I have to go back and get No Code. It is one of my favorites. I was hoping you would say that the reissues are better or just as good. But since I do play this one a lot, I might as well go for it. Luckily the store is around the corner from my apartment. Will the post the photo shortly. I will resist getting Ten when I am there though. For sure.

Haha, good luck with it!

I think the vinyl market is going to come back to earth.  I'd buy Ten for $100 or so, but for the same reasons as you (over played), I just don't see dropping $300.  
    edited June 2022
    I’ve bought 2 copies of ten on eBay. Both less than 50 bucks in the last year.

one wasn’t salvageable one was a solid VG+ after a really good clean.  

You can always gamble on the pre owned ones. 
    The guy gave me a deal. Ten and No Code for $380. So I took it. Both are sealed. Photos to come. 
    edited June 2022

I had to do it. He gave me a deal. Both for $380. Why not. Maybe I will fall in love with Ten all over again. Original price tag on the Ten was $7.99. Original price tag on No Code was $11.99 then a sale sticker for $8.99. I was buying these on CD at that time. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2022
    I would get them all the OG pressings are far better than the reissues. Especially Vitalogy, imo.
    edited June 2022
    GlowGirl said:

I had to do it. He gave me a deal. Both for $380. Why not. Maybe I will fall in love with Ten all over again. Original price tag on the Ten was $7.99. Original price tag on No Code was $11.99 then a sale sticker for $8.99. I was buying these on CD at that time. 
    Awesome! My sealed Ten has a $10.98 sticker on it. You will love them.
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

I will probably keep the Ten sealed until I want to listen to it again. But I kind of want to open the No Code to see what card series I got. Which one should I be hoping for?

GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

I will probably keep the Ten sealed until I want to listen to it again. But I kind of want to open the No Code to see what card series I got. Which one should I be hoping for?

Not sure. I only have one of the OGs, mine is the C set. You will definitely enjoy the sound from these OG pressings. Enjoy!
    edited June 2022
    It’s nice to see order restored and the OG selling for more than the clear. It was backwards for a while for no reason
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Mark Lanegan and Joe Cardamone Dark Mark & Skeleton Joe on splatter wax, limited to 500 copies.

This is the last album that Lanegan released before he died.

Been waiting a long time for this one. This was preordered way back in October, and was finally available to ship a few weeks ago.

The splatter and black versions have sold out, but there is a white version available for preorder.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    GlowGirl said:
    The guy gave me a deal. Ten and No Code for $380. So I took it. Both are sealed. Photos to come. 
    MedozK said:
    I would get them all the OG pressings are far better than the reissues. Especially Vitalogy, imo.
    Nice work GG! You won’t regret owning those.  MedozK isn’t wrong… the PJ OGs are just far superior. 
    edited June 2022
    goldrush said:
    Mark Lanegan and Joe Cardamone Dark Mark & Skeleton Joe on splatter wax, limited to 500 copies.

Been waiting a long time for this one. This was preordered way back in October, and was finally available to ship a few weeks ago.

The splatter and black versions have sold out, but there is a white version available for preorder.
    Very nice. I haven’t been able to listen to much ML since his unfortunate passing. But I should probably preorder that white one to have when I’m able to spin his stuff in the near future. Where can I order the white vinyl? 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    edited June 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    Nice work GG! You won’t regret owning those.  MedozK isn’t wrong… the PJ OGs are just far superior. 
    Thanks. I think I would have regretted not getting these. I didn’t take Vitalogy but if it is still there in a week or so I may grab it. He said he was going to wait a few days to put them out but wanted to give me first shot at them. He still has to go through the rest of the 90s stuff he got in same purchase. I may head over again this weekend to see if there is anything else good. I think he did say there was an REM New Adventures in Hi-fi but I passed on it. I just bought the limited marble edition of that last year. Maybe there will be some other goodies though. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120

Vitalogy - $100

Edit - Ended up getting Ten and No Code for myself. Vitalogy is still there.

vitaligy og is worth it imo
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    The OG Avocado album is a must have. That RE is almost unlistenable. It is the worst of all the PJ REs imo. 

mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120

Vitalogy - $100

I’m thinking about it. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    The OG Avocado album is a must have. That RE is almost unlistenable. It is the worst of all the PJ REs imo. 

Giant brick wall
    edited June 2022

Love the album, hate both mixes. So that’s unfortunate   for me 

To me it’s loud and harsh on both, just in different ways. 
    Anyone who can play either turned way up and not have their ears ringing afterwards, I’m impressed 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    edited June 2022
    goldrush said:

Very nice. I haven’t been able to listen to much ML since his unfortunate passing. But I should probably preorder that white one to have when I’m able to spin his stuff in the near future. Where can I order the white vinyl? 

You can get it from the Rare Bird website:

https://rarebirdlit.com/dark-mark-vs-skeleton-joe-limited-edition-2xlp-w-download-code/

The white vinyl is due to be available to ship in August/September
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    GlowGirl said:
    That OG Vs is AMAZING!! No comparison to the repress IMO. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    GlowGirl said:
    That OG Vs is AMAZING!! No comparison to the repress IMO. 
    Great. From all the comments here I am so glad I bought it. No regrets at all. 
    edited June 2022
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

You can get it from the Rare Bird website:

https://rarebirdlit.com/dark-mark-vs-skeleton-joe-limited-edition-2xlp-w-download-code/

The white vinyl is due to be available to ship in August/September
    Thanks! Pre-ordered a white vinyl copy. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on

edited June 2022
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

My Binaural went all the way down to $10 after a few price cuts 

I prefer it when people keep the price tags on. It’s more interesting decades later to see how much trouble they had selling them 
    edited June 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120

Vitalogy - $100

Does any one know the details about the two different Color shades on the OG. One is lighter and has no hype sticker 

both are E66900 

Sealed is on the right
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120

Vitalogy - $100

Does any one know the details about the two different Color shades on the OG. One is lighter and has no hype sticker 

both are E66900 

Sealed is on the right

would assume thats on the printer. how many pressing that year? is one for another country?

see this kind of variance on many titles between the regional plants back in the day.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120

Vitalogy - $100

both are E66900 

Sealed is on the right
    I am thinking of going back today to get this one if he still has it. Might as well not break up the set. I will see what the numbers look like on that one.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Caamp’s latest LP on lavender + some other color swirl. Stoked for this one!!
    www.cluthelee.com