www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    WOD A Deeper Understanding *coke bottle 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited June 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    Picked up some old RSD stock for $10 ea. The last Crass recording, Scream reissue with Grohl, Flag Day, Dio, and a used Dream Syndicate. 

Another Dream Syndicate score shows up here- very cool!  Other than Dio, I don't know the others you got there (nor the film, "Flag Day" but I just looked up the song list so I probably should, huh?  LOL).  All look interesting.
    Crass were anarcho-punk from the late 70’s and early ‘80. Scream was a DC based/Dischord hardcore band that Dave Grohl played drums for in the 80’s. 
    I saw Scream in DC in the 80s in a church basement as part of an Amnesty International benefit. Years later I wondered if Dave Grohl was playing with them at the time. Then I saw he mentioned in his book about playing an Amnesty International benefit with them. So, I would like to think that was the one I was at.

I think he joined Scream in ‘86 so if was after that it was him. That’s cool! 
    It was either 87 or 88 when I saw them. I might still have the flyer from the show buried in a box somewhere. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    edited June 2022
    Tom Petty American Treasure set
    Finn Brothers - Finn *FINALLY
    SP - MCIS
    Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever’s latest
    Painted Shield 2
    Huey Lewis & The News MOV Hits set
    Saint Paul & The Broken Bones -Sea of Noise
    PJ LO2L clear
    PJ LO2L gold
    Jim James RCA Studios set
    Collective Soul - Disciplined Breakdown RSD Anniversary set
    Sweet Relief - Various Artists 
    EV Earthing clear & Spotify edition 
    EV Ukelele Songs reissue
    PJ Live On Ten Legs box set
    Dave Matthews Band Red Rocks
    PJ No Code clear
    PJ Vault #2
    Lord Huron Long Lost 
    Pink Floyd DSOTM Immersion Box (CDs) 

That’s some haul. In Australia that’s probably $2000 worth of vinyl if not more. I wish vinyl wasn’t so expensive here! Argh! 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited June 2022
    Cake- Fashion Nugget 
    Jack White- Entering Heaven Alive
    PJ- LO2L (Clear and Gold editions)
    PJ- Vault 2
    Eddie Vedder- Earthling 
    David Bowie- Ziggy Stardust half speed master
    The Who- Tommy half speed master 
    Collective Soul- Disciplined Breakdown 

Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148

Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Tom Petty American Treasure set
    Finn Brothers - Finn *FINALLY
    SP - MCIS
    Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever’s latest
    Painted Shield 2
    Huey Lewis & The News MOV Hits set
    Saint Paul & The Broken Bones -Sea of Noise
    PJ LO2L clear
    PJ LO2L gold
    Jim James RCA Studios set
    Collective Soul - Disciplined Breakdown RSD Anniversary set
    Sweet Relief - Various Artists 
    EV Earthing clear & Spotify edition 
    EV Ukelele Songs reissue
    PJ Live On Ten Legs box set
    Dave Matthews Band Red Rocks
    PJ No Code clear
    PJ Vault #2
    Lord Huron Long Lost 
    Pink Floyd DSOTM Immersion Box (CDs) 

That’s some haul. In Australia that’s probably $2000 worth of vinyl if not more. I wish vinyl wasn’t so expensive here! Argh! 
    That’s since April, no way in one purchase, haha! But yeah, some of these were a bit high. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    brianlux said:
    Picked up some old RSD stock for $10 ea. The last Crass recording, Scream reissue with Grohl, Flag Day, Dio, and a used Dream Syndicate. 

Another Dream Syndicate score shows up here- very cool!  Other than Dio, I don't know the others you got there (nor the film, "Flag Day" but I just looked up the song list so I probably should, huh?  LOL).  All look interesting.
    Crass were anarcho-punk from the late 70’s and early ‘80. Scream was a DC based/Dischord hardcore band that Dave Grohl played drums for in the 80’s. 
    Crass are also credited w starting the use of the Anarchy symbol.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    pjpjpaul said:
    Cake- Fashion Nugget 
    PJ- Vault 2
    Eddie Vedder- Earthling 

Entering heaven is in your hands or your you ordered it?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Cake- Fashion Nugget 
    PJ- Vault 2
    Eddie Vedder- Earthling 

has to be ordered since its not out til July something. same with LO2L gold. JUST went up in the shop.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I am still ashamed of my numetal phase. haha. 
    No shame in Linkin Park whom I thought was emo actually, lol.
    I never got into them. I didn't like the vocals. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Cake- Fashion Nugget 
    PJ- Vault 2
    Eddie Vedder- Earthling 

All of those except clear lo2l, collective soul, and Bowie are preorders 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    pjpjpaul said:
    Cake- Fashion Nugget 
    PJ- Vault 2
    Eddie Vedder- Earthling 

Cake is fun. Maybe they will reissue them all. Got that boxset reissue from a few years back.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Oh, how sweet is this!  Finally reissued, one of the best post-punk/ indie rock/ jangle pop/ alt rock records of the 90's.  And this pressing is a knock out to boot! 
    Primary

Blake Babies – Sunburn

Genre:Rock
    Style:Alternative Rock
    Year:1990

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Oh, how sweet is this!  Finally reissued, one of the best post-punk/ indie rock/ jangle pop/ alt rock records of the 90's.  And this pressing is a knock out to boot! 
    Primary

Blake Babies – Sunburn

I had to look this band up and it made sense when I read Hatfields name in there as I know you are a huge fan of hers.

Is this what morphed into the Juliana Hatfield Three?

Turntable Lab delivery. I will listen tomorrow. 
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    brianlux said:
    Primary

Blake Babies – Sunburn

I had to look this band up and it made sense when I read Hatfields name in there as I know you are a huge fan of hers.

Is this what morphed into the Juliana Hatfield Three?

No, but cool that you know about The JH Three!
    The other Blake Babies have had interesting careers.   John Strohm was also been a drummer (including drumming for Lemonheads in thee late 80's), later worked in a music law firm, and eventually became president of Rounder Records, something I just learned recently which is very cool!  Rounder has put out a ton of great roots and roots related music, good stuff!
    Freda Love, the Babies drummer, worked with a few other bands and became a writer and worked for a university (don't remember which one off hand.
    They reunited for a short while in 2001 and made an album that I'm told is very good.  I have to track that one down one of these days.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Thanks @1ThoughtKnown . I think they have about 30 left. Go buy them people. Maybe once they are sold sst will give bad brains back their rights to this and we will get a punk note. Who knows. Glad to have it. Had the cd but I think it got stolen out of my car.  
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Loujoe said:
    Thanks @1ThoughtKnown . I think they have about 30 left. Go buy them people. Maybe once they are sold sst will give bad brains back their rights to this and we will get a punk note. Who knows. Glad to have it. Had the cd but I think it got stolen out of my car.  
    Awesome LJ!  Nice little bones with them throwing an SST sticker in there. 👍
    sweet piece of wax. Sounds great too. Makes doing the laundry a lot more exciting. Sends me right back to whenever. Thank god for music. Escspe is never the safest plan but do it anyway.
    Has anyone seen the price of the Master of Puppets box set lately?  $800 for an open one?  I should sell mine, holy cow!

edited June 2022

So one of my record store guys who knows my taste texted me earlier to say that he just bought a collection that had some sealed early 90s records. I ran over and he had four OG sealed Pearl Jam records. I have been wanting this one since I keep hearing that it sounds so much better than the reissue. I think I am going to crack this one open and play it. He also had No Code which I was considering but I already have the black reissue and the clear. I don’t need 3. He also had Ten and Vitalogy sealed as well. I am fine with the reissues of those so I only got Vs. If any of you want me to run back and get one of the others for you, let me know:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120

Vitalogy - $100

I have to laugh at the original $7.99 price sticker on this Vs album.

Edit - Ended up getting Ten and No Code for myself. Vitalogy is still there.
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    GlowGirl said:

So one of my record store guys who knows my taste texted me earlier to say that he just bought a collection that had some sealed early 90s records. I ran over and he had four OG sealed Pearl Jam records. I have been wanting this one since I keep hearing that it sounds so much better than the reissue. I think I am going to crack this one open and play it. He also had No Code which I was considering but I already have the black reissue and the clear. I don’t need 3. He also had Ten and Vitalogy sealed as well. I am fine with the reissues of those so I only got Vs. If any of you want me to run back and get one of the others for you, let me know:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

You're definitely going to enjoy an OG Vs. Big difference.  I'm sure Ten is similar, although I'm not willing to spend 3 bills on it.  I have too many copies that I never listen to.  Awesome offer and really cool record store.  
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

You're definitely going to enjoy an OG Vs. Big difference.  I'm sure Ten is similar, although I'm not willing to spend 3 bills on it.  I have too many copies that I never listen to.  Awesome offer and really cool record store.  
    The OG of Ten is worth it. Just my opinion. $300 was a helluva deal in fact 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited June 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

That Vs looks just like mine did when I bought it 20+ years ago. Feel ripped off as I paid $9.99 plus shipping. LOL. I opened it but have a pizza box type record mailer with all the shrinkwrap layed out flat from every PJ album with the stickers or barcode stickers on them. That sounds ridiculous doesn't it. Agree 90s pressings of Vs far superior.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

I just removed the shrink wrap. So the record can finally breath after almost 30 years. The vinyl itself looks great. I was nervous about warping. The cover has no bends or creases. It is in amazing shape. The others looked really good as well in terms of the quality of the cover. He must not have moved them around much. I felt weird unsealing it, but there was no reason for me to buy it if I was not going to play it. I am keeping the shrink wrap with the Pearl Jam sticker and the $7.99 price tag. I pulled it off really carefully.

edited June 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

I know it is a great deal for Ten and I did consider it. But I rarely listen to the one I have now. I overplayed it when I was younger - even though I do love the songs. If he was selling it for the same $100-120 as the others, I may have gotten it. $300 is hard to put down for a record I don't listen to as much. Now I am thinking of No Code. For you experts is the OG worth it over the black and clear reissues I already have?

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

I know it is a great deal for Ten and I did consider it. But I rarely listen to the one I have now. I overplayed it when I was younger - even though I do love the songs. If he was selling it for the same $100-120 as the others, I may have gotten it. $300 is hard to put down for a record I don't listen to as much. Now I am thinking of No Code. For you experts is the OG worth it over the black and clear reissues?

Yes. 

I like the OG no code a lot more. It’s probably my favorite PJ album so I do listen to it a lot so that one is worth it. 

The clear one in particular has a lot of surface noise that won’t clean out. Black one is better.  Mine is the 2016 but the 2021 is the same remaster 

the most noticeable one is ten though out of everything .  For sure the OG is obviously better.  Yield and No Code may be the best reissues out of them all 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

I know it is a great deal for Ten and I did consider it. But I rarely listen to the one I have now. I overplayed it when I was younger - even though I do love the songs. If he was selling it for the same $100-120 as the others, I may have gotten it. $300 is hard to put down for a record I don't listen to as much. Now I am thinking of No Code. For you experts is the OG worth it over the black and clear reissues?

Yes. 

I like the OG no code a lot more. It’s probably my favorite PJ album so I do listen to it a lot so that one is worth it. 

The clear one in particular has a lot of surface noise that won’t clean out. Black one is better.  Mine is the 2016 but the 2021 is the same remaster 

the most noticeable one is ten though out of everything .  For sure the OG is obviously better.  Yield and No Code may be the best reissues out of them all 
    Dammit. Now I have to go back and get No Code. It is one of my favorites. I was hoping you would say that the reissues are better or just as good. But since I do play this one a lot, I might as well go for it. Luckily the store is around the corner from my apartment. Will the post the photo shortly. I will resist getting Ten when I am there though. For sure.