Photos of your guitars

Comments

• Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    Those are classics, Drew!  Nice collection.  Love the gold top.
    Thank you. The gold top is my favorite and will never leave me. lol
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    This is my 2016 R9. It’s a great sounding guitar. 

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    That flame top is gorgeous.  If I were to get another LP that would be the exact finish I would want.
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    That flame top is gorgeous.  If I were to get another LP that would be the exact finish I would want.
    Thanks. It was looking particularly flamey the other day with the sun shining in. I have a couple of other guitars too but I love the R9 too much to play them.  
  • BO175983BO175983 Posts: 62
    New pick up.. might turn it into a McCready strat

Sweet!  Got those Texas Special pickups.  

A more affordable McCready strat is on the way so you might keep an eye out for that before doing anything to this one.
    Sweet!  Got those Texas Special pickups.  

A more affordable McCready strat is on the way so you might keep an eye out for that before doing anything to this one.
    Yeah i might keep it the way it is.. saw that abt the McCready strat.. will be on the lookout for that when Fender releases details. 
  • Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    Froggie said:
    This is my 2016 R9. It’s a great sounding guitar. 

Wow. Just wow.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Just ordered the Jerry Cantrell Epihone Wino Les Paul Custom. Can't wait to play this thing. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    Beautiful guitar.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    BO175983 said:
    Arrived last week. Pre ordered Jan 11. PRS Silver Sky SE

Any updates on how you are liking the guitar?  What are your thoughts on the pickups?
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Other than the fretboard being a little dry, this thing arrived in great condition and if the tones and playability keep up with what I experienced today then I can confidently state that it punches well above its weight class. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    That's awesome.  You don't need to spend a lot to get a lot.  
    Jason P said:
    BO175983 said:
    Arrived last week. Pre ordered Jan 11. PRS Silver Sky SE

Any updates on how you are liking the guitar?  What are your thoughts on the pickups?
    Its not bad. I prefer my fender strats though. 

I like that Cantrell up there.. debated on getting one. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Thinking about getting a Baby Taylor. I know a few folks here own one. To those folks, any input/advice?

I'm going to try to make it to a music shop soon and play one against the Yamaha FG-Junior guitar my son has. If the difference isn't too noticeable, I might just buy another Yamaha for myself.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
    dankind said:
    Thinking about getting a Baby Taylor. I know a few folks here own one. To those folks, any input/advice?

I'm going to try to make it to a music shop soon and play one against the Yamaha FG-Junior guitar my son has. If the difference isn't too noticeable, I might just buy another Yamaha for myself.
      I had one-it has a very bright sound. It also 
    has instructions concerning humidification of it, and the Taylor softshell backpack padded case, was nice with it.  It is the full mahogany model- looks great, sounds great..
     I say I "had" it because one of the kids has it for the summer, to jam with friends. 
       Check them out & play em, & see what you think.  At the time it was new, it was $400+ that was circa 2004. 
    I had a Baby Taylor back in the day.  I agree that it was bright sounding.  I upgraded to the Taylor GS Mini and it is much more balanced sounding while still being a great small guitar for around the house.  I would get a used GS Mini over a new Baby without thinking twice if price was equal.  My feeling was that the Baby was more of a novelty guitar.   The GS Mini is a legit quality guitar at a decent price.
      I think I agree kinda when you mention the Baby as kind of a novelty guitar. This one the back&front are slightly arched. There isn't a pick guard, but that's ok fingerstyle. I was in a situation where I was playing Dust In The Wind, on it- but TG my friend slid his full size Taylor to me, and I was able to continue& finish, cuz found it awkward for me on the Baby. I'll have to get a look at the GS mini sometime. 
       My Epi Caballero I started out with, as a kid is the smallest guitar- the parlor size- that's probably as small as I can go- cuz I'm sorta tall with long arms/ hands/ & fingers- 
    Thanks, folks. I’m going to try out a few different smaller ones. I play my son’s FG-Junior (also very bright) a lot. Probably more than my Martin and other full-sized acoustics. And definitely more than the electrics. It’s just such an easy one to grab. Yeah, it’s a little tight for some chord shapes and fingerpicking patterns, but it’s portability more than makes up for that to me. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    to clarify, i wasn't using the word "novelty" in a negative way in my comments above to describe the baby taylor.  It's good for travel or if you want to take outside and not worry about dinging up.  It's just not something you would record or choose over something else to play to a limited audience.

And depending on your son's age, it may be perfect.  I'm looking at OOO Martins and grand orchestra Taylors (mainly just looking) because I realized I'm playing my GS Mini way more than any of my dreads because the size is just right. 

FYI - If you are planning on buying a nice Taylor, they have a deal for $100 baby or $200 GS mini (if you pay $$$ for nice taylor that is ;) )...
     definitely not being negative- baby taylors are nice little guitars and can be just the right instrument for many reasons. & a joy in discovering 
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962

I got this last week. Been looking for one for years. It's an ESP Vintage Four. Made in Japan, relic'd and spec'd with excellent pickups and hardware. 

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    edited June 2022
    dudeman said:

I got this last week. Been looking for one for years. It's an ESP Vintage Four. Made in Japan, relic'd and spec'd with excellent pickups and hardware. 

Sweet, @dudeman

I want to get a real bass at some point. The rinky-dink Squier Bronco I have is fun, but when I see a guitar like yours pictured above, it gives me aspirations. 

At some point (read: when I when the lottery), I'd like to try out a StingRay.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • edgesredgesr Posts: 52
    Just finished up this EV inspired tele. Sparkle finish, p90 in the neck and a rosewood (in this case pau ferro) fretboard. The middle position sounds great, but he p90 really over powers the bridge so I need to tweak the balance. Hopefully I can keep the stock bridge pickup without having to swap it for something with a bit higher output.

And with my RW tele

Manchester 2 - 2012
    Milton Keynes - 2014
    Krakow - 2018
    London 1&2 - 2018
    Hyde Park 1&2 - 2022
    Amsterdam 1 - 2022
    ^^^Looks pretty sweet!

I finally got a smaller acoustic. Went with the Taylor GS Mini-e Koa. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    dankind said:
    ^^^Looks pretty sweet!

I finally got a smaller acoustic. Went with the Taylor GS Mini-e Koa. 

Awesome! Been looking for a smaller acoustic myself lately. I'd like to get an acoustic/electric, preferably. It's been awhile since I went to the music store just messed around. I think that changes this weekend. I also want a drum kit....and another electric...and...

It never ends.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edgesr said:
    Just finished up this EV inspired tele. Sparkle finish, p90 in the neck and a rosewood (in this case pau ferro) fretboard. The middle position sounds great, but he p90 really over powers the bridge so I need to tweak the balance. Hopefully I can keep the stock bridge pickup without having to swap it for something with a bit higher output.

And with my RW tele

I got a custom wiring harness for mine from MojoTone.  It has 500k pots and a 250k resistor so the P90 gets Gibson values and the bridge gets fender values.  that and some pickup height tweaks has mine balanced perfect.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    American Vintage 2 Strat in Olympic White is an absolute joy to play & especially with some reverb playing Yellow Ledbetter 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...