Which Pearl Jam song means the most to you?

123457»

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    edited August 2019
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • otterotter Posts: 753
    Force of nature 
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    Thumbing....
    rustedsigns
  • Seven o’clock
  • RobertwileysrRobertwileysr Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Posts: 22
    For me, it would have to be Indifference. It was my dad's favorite song, ever, as well as his favorite Pearl Jam song. He is the reason I'm such a big Pearl Jam fan. Without him, I probably wouldn't have a clue about Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, any of the music I listen to now, I wouldn't be listening to if he never showed me Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam was my start. Pearl Jam has made me want to be a musician myself, change lives the way Pearl Jam changed mine, but that's besides the point. My dad passed in January 2020. I remember, it was only a two months before he passed away, we were watching a Pearl Jam concert on YouTube in his bed. I remember watching them play Indifference, one of the times they've done the song with Ben Harper, and my dad told me not to pay attention to the images on the screen, and soak in the song. And listen to the message that it's trying to convey. He told me he thought the song was trying to convey the message that there is nothing anyone can do to make me back down. I'm going to stand tall, fight for what's right, no one can stop me from doing anything. And that is now something I live by. And this song symbolizes so much in the friendship we had. My dad was my best friend before my dad. As crazy as it sounds. He was my best friend. Indifference, and Pearl Jam is what formed the closeness we had. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Big Wave
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Given To Fly I was at the Quebec City, Canada show on May 5 2016, and heard the beautiful dedication Eddie gave to a women that had recently lost a man she loved. I lost my brother tragically a few years ago so this dedication hit me right in the feels. Like Eddie knew exactly how I felt. That night I met Eddie randomly after the show and thanked him for always making his fans feel special. I had always wanted a tattoo in memory of my brother that was special and not too sad. The very next day in Quebec City I got a tattoo. "Given To Fly". My amazing brother was Given To Fly. I then ran into Mike McCready that same day. Thanked him for his music and as well, for his charity work with Crohns Disease etc. He was so kind. Unbeknownst to me, I was at that moment suffering from Crohns Disease. That weekend was such a special moment in my life. These guys are amazing people, so kind, so humble and helping people in ways they will never know. Today for my 3rd infusion of remicade for Crohns Disease, I wore my Pearl Jam shirt, sporting my "Given To Fly" tattoo. To hounor their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Mike's belated Birthday.
    randomly came across this thread. my daughter also has remicade infusion therapy for ulcerative colitis. I hope you are doing well. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• TheBlizzardTheBlizzard Long Island Posts: 4
    So hard to choose just one. But right now, I'm gonna go with In Hiding. The song to me is about trying to avoid and literally hide from your issues until you can't anymore, so you choose to confront them, thus becoming enlightened. Not to mention, the guitar riffs are among my favorite ever

"I held my breath and went deep, I was diving
    I surfaced and all around me was enlightened"
    A snowflake falls in May...
  • Given To Fly. When I saw the Touring Band 2000 video with Kim joyfully signing the song and her dancing with Ed at the end I was truly struck. I had tears in my eyes. I loved the song but after that it meant something more. I know that moment holds a special place for a lot of PJ fans. When I choose a boot to play I often look to see if that’s in the set list. 
    Oceans and Release
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Sometimes life don't leave you alone...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9pHIKMFfWA
    For me, it would have to be Indifference. It was my dad's favorite song, ever, as well as his favorite Pearl Jam song. He is the reason I'm such a big Pearl Jam fan. Without him, I probably wouldn't have a clue about Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, any of the music I listen to now, I wouldn't be listening to if he never showed me Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam was my start. Pearl Jam has made me want to be a musician myself, change lives the way Pearl Jam changed mine, but that's besides the point. My dad passed in January 2020. I remember, it was only a two months before he passed away, we were watching a Pearl Jam concert on YouTube in his bed. I remember watching them play Indifference, one of the times they've done the song with Ben Harper, and my dad told me not to pay attention to the images on the screen, and soak in the song. And listen to the message that it's trying to convey. He told me he thought the song was trying to convey the message that there is nothing anyone can do to make me back down. I'm going to stand tall, fight for what's right, no one can stop me from doing anything. And that is now something I live by. And this song symbolizes so much in the friendship we had. My dad was my best friend before my dad. As crazy as it sounds. He was my best friend. Indifference, and Pearl Jam is what formed the closeness we had. 
    Wow this is just beautiful….
    rustedsigns
    Thumbing My Way. I put in a request in Charlottesville 2013 and they played it. 
    rustedsigns
    wow
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    It would have to be Hard To Imagine. After coming home from Iraq,friends and family say that I changed. To this day I'm unaware of what they meant.But this song for whatever reason touched a nerve that goes to my core. Can't listen to it without shedding a tear.
  • These 3 always: Nothingman. Given To Fly. Oceans.

Also, currently, Light Years. I lost my Dad this year and that song is my voice when I can't talk about it.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • chrisr211977chrisr211977 Posts: 20
    edited January 2023
    IMMORTALITY (Lyrically, one of, if not the best song ever written. The PJ stairway to heaven)
    Sometimes
    I'm Open
    No Way
    Of The Girl
    I Am Mine
    You Are
    Who Ever Said
    Never Destination
    Post edited by chrisr211977 on
    edited January 2023
    edited January 2023
    Immortality video
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Evenflow, it was the song I heard in the record store that made me buy Ten on spot unknown.  The rest is history