Options

Got Picks?

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,868
    Got these in Cleveland after seeing the last night of Tool’s NA leg in March. I had 5th row & spotted Chancellor’s pick on the floor when the lights came up, & Jones’ pick was given to me by a couple members of the production crew I bumped into at the airport the day after. 

Good eye. Love a good floor score. So you meet the production crew. How does the conversation go. ",Hey great show, btw I collect picks. Do you, well you know...HAVE ANY!!"
  • Options

I have nice friends.
    Plus stone recycles all his picks. Really hard to get one. He considers throwing picks into the crowd littering. ;)
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    Loujoe said:
    Got these in Cleveland after seeing the last night of Tool’s NA leg in March. I had 5th row & spotted Chancellor’s pick on the floor when the lights came up, & Jones’ pick was given to me by a couple members of the production crew I bumped into at the airport the day after. 

Good eye. Love a good floor score. So you meet the production crew. How does the conversation go. ",Hey great show, btw I collect picks. Do you, well you know...HAVE ANY!!"
    I was walking over to the smoking area at the airport & saw two guys who were dressed the part & one wearing a tool shirt… I struck up conversation about the show, & when talking about how many we had seen on the tour they chuckled & said “all of them” which told me who they were. 

One guy’s known as Nobby & has been doing their sound since the ‘90s
    https://www.tpimagazine.com/tool-outfits-with-heil-sound-microphones-for-world-tour/

I think the other guy’s name was Liam & he worked the lights, they were flying home to the UK. I remarked on finding JC’s pick on my way out & Liam reached in his pocket & gave me the AJ pick to match up with it, half apologizing that it wasn’t one of Danny’s much coveted picks from this tour. Totally spontaneous, too; I wouldn’t have expected him to have one so I wouldn’t have asked. It was very nice of him & I’ll almost certainly frame these w/ one of the Tool posters I have lined up from the last few years. 
  • Options
    Nice story. Thx for sharing. Very cool.  B) 
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352
    Loujoe said:

I have nice friends.
    Plus stone recycles all his picks. Really hard to get one. He considers throwing picks into the crowd littering. ;)
    I’m glad I didn’t waste my time waiting for one to find me in the crowd. 
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352

Those are killer!
  • Options
    my stone pick  <3
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    Loujoe said:

The Barenaked Ladies made a stop at the truck stop I was a cook at back in 90's when they were huge. I didn't care for them, but thought I should get an autograph anyway. So I grabbed some paper and went to the front, asked for an autograph, only to have the guy tell me "uh, I'm not in the band, I'm a roadie". LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^funny & Awesome!!  I once shook Joe Lynn Turner for an autograph. (One of the singers in Rainbow). He was doing some work in a local studio. I saw him driving into the joint. Went to my friends house, jumped on our bicycles and rode over to the locked door. Banged on it and he came to the door and signed me an autograph. I wish I kept it, but a cool memory.  Honestly he probably felt cool a few kids knew who he was
    Google 'death alley driver' by rainbow. Pretty killer song if I remember correctly.
    What a life...
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005

Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    Nice^^ 
    Im guessing that head with lips sewn shut. White Zombie? 
    Simpsons dude...have no idea.

Super cool. I'm dying to scrounge up pi ks again, but seeing these are the perfect fix.

Thx for posting  B)
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    Loujoe said:
    Nice^^ 

Super cool. I'm dying to scrounge up pi ks again, but seeing these are the perfect fix.

Thx for posting  B)
    The Living End are a Australian punk rockabilly band with a double bass & the yellow one is a Jeff Buckley one 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763
    My brother got this shirt for me a few years ago.  Nothin' but picks!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Couldn't have picked a better shirt...

Living end. Will check them.out. Rockabilly punk sounds like my style.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763
    Loujoe said:
    Couldn't have picked a better shirt...

Living end. Will check them.out. Rockabilly punk sounds like my style.

Cool!  I hope they're still doing it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 349

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    Nice collection! Thx for posting. That clear yellow one is super unique. Very cool.
  • Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 349
    Thanks! That one has the Black Crowes logo on one side and Audley Freed on the other.

Others are Mike McCready  ;) , Steve Vai when he was in David Lee Roth's band on the Skyscraper tour, Vivian Campbell with Def Leppard, Eric Erlandson of Hole and Mark Haugh of Caroline's Spine (one-sided)
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,075
    I'd like to buy the clear yellow Jeff picks.  I like those and have a few.

Anybody?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
     bump. Rsd freebies from a few years ago.  Show me your picks.
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options

Anybody?
    Show us your picks kind sir...
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Anybody?
    Show us your picks kind sir...
    I'll post when I am home.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    BALLBOY said:
    Loujoe said:
    Nice^^ 

Thx for posting  B)
    The Living End are a Australian punk rockabilly band with a double bass & the yellow one is a Jeff Buckley one 
    WAIT Whoa whoa WHOA... Did you actually get that Jeff Buckley pick from attending a Jeff Buckley concert? Or you got it elsewhere? If you got it from him or at a show, PLEASE say more! One of my top favorite live acts ever!
  • Options

My modest pick collection. 
  • Options
    Sizzling hot tempo. Thanks. Those bottom two TOD Mike picks? 

I had a dream the other night. PJ was playing PT and I was sleeping on stage with others waking up when I realized Mike was wailing on his guitar. I ran over and started flipping out with him. Then started looking at stone's mic stand planning my pick swiping strategy! Great dream. No picks to show from it.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Sizzling hot tempo. Thanks. Those bottom two TOD Mike picks? 

I had a dream the other night. PJ was playing PT and I was sleeping on stage with others waking up when I realized Mike was wailing on his guitar. I ran over and started flipping out with him. Then started looking at stone's mic stand planning my pick swiping strategy! Great dream. No picks to show from it.
    Yes those are TOD picks. I had a vision of getting them all but decided not to. 

I love the clear yellow Jeff picks. I’d like to grab all of those. I’ve got a good jump so far. 

Stone is very stingy w his picks btw. I’ve seen him throw 1 in a crowd my last 4 GA shows…
  • Options
    I agree. Picked one off, a lucky lucas, at msg after evenflow. I remember it clearly, after the last note he chucked it and it landed right in my hand (and another fans) I won the tug-o-war. Imagine two people catching the same darn pick.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,056
    Which yellow do you need chris
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,056
    edited June 2022
    The rarest yellow i ever  saw . My friend caught a yellow version of the black that came  with the album jeff put out with tge heart on it. He caught it and we met jeff and he told him he caught  it haha. He then gave it tp a friend. Never  saw another
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856

My modest pick collection. 
    Good stuff, Tempo :sunglasses: