Disney Plus - Disney+ Streaming Finds

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2021
    link fixed: https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-business-health-arts-and-entertainment-coronavirus-pandemic-bd0e2d181783d3b894f2e79838d933d2

Other piece-of-shit actions: Supporting a genocidal nation as well as a likely incestuous child molester, playing a traditionally Asian character, bragging about and then whining about dropping her transgender male role, and just so much else. Gross!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    dankind said:
    link fixed: https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-business-health-arts-and-entertainment-coronavirus-pandemic-bd0e2d181783d3b894f2e79838d933d2

Other piece-of-shit actions: Supporting a genocidal nation as well as a likely incestuous child molester, playing a traditionally Asian character, bragging about and then whining about dropping her transgender male role, and just so much else. Gross!
    The other things I can understand. But if they breached her contract. I guess she has a right. And playing a traditionally Asian character is nothing new in Hollywood. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:

The other things I can understand. But if they breached her contract. I guess she has a right. And playing a traditionally Asian character is nothing new in Hollywood. 
    Pandemic schmandemic. "Fuck you! Pay me!" Amirite?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:

It's in theaters now. Most of the country has opened up. 
    I miss igotid88
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:

too bad. it's in the contract. disney is a multi billion dollar company. i'm sure if someone was potentially screwing you out of millions of dollars, you'd sue too. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:

too bad. it's in the contract. disney is a multi billion dollar company. i'm sure if someone was potentially screwing you out of millions of dollars, you'd sue too. 
    Perhaps you mean general you, but personally, if I had her and her husband's combined wealth, my lawyer might want to sue, and then I'd find a new lawyer.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    defending a company like disney against not paying a contract. well now I've seen everything. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited July 2021
    defending a company like disney against not paying a contract. well now I've seen everything. 
    Where did I defend Disney? 

Edit: 

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
     :| 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    Where did I defend Disney? 

Edit: 

That is the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Tom.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    love the "loose" one turn. how does one "loose" a turn?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    love the "loose" one turn. how does one "loose" a turn?
    With a wrench.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    It is a fairly good conclusion to jump to.  If someone called her a piece of shit 48 hours ago, there would be no frame of reference that Disney is being defended ... it wouldn't make any sense actually.  Calling her a piece of shit in the last 12 hours, there is a pretty good frame of reference ... unless there was no knowledge of a lawsuit and just happened to be a day someone decided to call Scarlett a piece of shit.  Simple clarification would shore things up.

As I understand, this is her last chance to cash in on the Marvel machine that the Mouse is making their money on.  Honor the contract.  Economics isn't based on Twitter feelings, even though most feel it is.  Reality will be setting in the near future for all of us ...  the house of cards won't stand forever.
    Hawkeye
    I miss igotid88
    Beatles Get Back
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    The Shaggy Dog (1959), haven't watched that since I was a little kid. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I miss igotid88
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    We watched West Side Story the other night. It was ok.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2022
    So Disney+ has 24, which I've never watched a single episode of, so I decided to give it a go, since so many have raved about it, including here on these boards.... LOL. Okay, the basic plots are entertaining enough for me to keep watching (I'm about halfway through season 3), but I feel like this show has been WAY over-hyped since it aired. Season 1 was 21 years ago, so I do kind of understand I think... The quality of TV shows back in 2001 was nothing compared to what we're now accustomed to. I'd say that perhaps Lost was the show that first bridged the gap, and then it was definitely Breaking Bad that really brought us into what we expect from 1-hour TV shows today. With 24 the main thing I notice is how AWFUL a lot of the acting is, and most if not all of the characters are super 1-dimensional, with no personality, no wit, nothing, which is also the fault of the writers, not just the actors and director. They are kind of just reciting lines for most of the scenes. Nothing else about the show is as bad as that. I do notice that a lot of the effects really suck, even for 2001 to 2003... they really scrimped on the FX budget, lol. Also, I think that if an actual counter-terrorism unit had that many terrorist moles working from the inside, there is no way it would keep functioning, especially not with the same men leading it. Very unbelievable. And then there is that psychopathic almost-First Lady, HAHAHA. That part of the story line is definitely entertaining, but also so ridiculous, it literally made me giggle while I'm watching.
    Long story short, I suggest that people still say this show was so fantastic because their standards were lower when it came out, and nostalgia has kept their love alive, haha. Nevertheless, I'm going to keep watching, so it's not a BAD show... except for the acting and directing and writing, LOL!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Jack would scream. And yell.  And, possibly cut off the body parts of someone who said such bad things about his show.
    edited May 2022
    Jack would scream. And yell.  And, possibly cut off the body parts of someone who said such bad things about his show.
    LOL!!! You're probably right! I will say that Jack is by far the best thing about the show.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    LOL!!! You're probably right! I will say that Jack is by far the best thing about the show.
    There were a bunch of soundboard sites for Jack sayings.  They were all pretty much him screaming words.  It was pretty funny.  I absolutely loved the first few seasons of that show but haven't watched since they originally ran.
    I often thought my wife and I could have had a drinking game, every time Jack shouted "WE'RE RUNNING OUTTA TIME", drink. every time he yells "DAMMIT", finish your drink. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I often thought my wife and I could have had a drinking game, every time Jack shouted "WE'RE RUNNING OUTTA TIME", drink. every time he yells "DAMMIT", finish your drink. 

Haha!
    I'm nearly finished with season 4. It's definitely sucked me in now, even with the terrible acting. Chloe is a bit of a riot. Or really how people react to her. "I don't have time for your personality disorder right now Chloe!!" LOL!!!!