Disney Plus - Disney+ Streaming Finds

123457»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 32,656
    it's interesting you talk about terrible acting. I find that I have a radar for that. I've turned off decent plots of movies for the bad acting alone. I didn't find 24 to have bad acting at all. Maybe my memory is foggy since it was so long ago. I don't know. But I don't recall that being an issue. 
    I think I'll move to Australia

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,648
    edited May 25
    it's interesting you talk about terrible acting. I find that I have a radar for that. I've turned off decent plots of movies for the bad acting alone. I didn't find 24 to have bad acting at all. Maybe my memory is foggy since it was so long ago. I don't know. But I don't recall that being an issue. 

I bet that if you rewatched it now you'd have to agree. I think our standards have improved over the past 20 years! It's not the kind of bad acting where they are trying to be good but suck, and you're cringing. It's like they are barely acting at all. They are just saying the lines. It's weird. However, there has been a slight improvement from S1 to S4. Maybe it will keep slowly getting better.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 27,490
    Chloe is so bad she ends up being good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 14,330
    PJ_Soul said:

I bet that if you rewatched it now you'd have to agree. I think our standards have improved over the past 20 years! It's not the kind of bad acting where they are trying to be good but suck, and you're cringing. It's like they are barely acting at all. They are just saying the lines. It's weird. However, there has been a slight improvement from S1 to S4. Maybe it will keep slowly getting better.
    I know what you mean. I think they try to film so much at a time they rush and just don't care to go back and clean anything up.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland1, Oakland2, Nashville, Louisville 
    PJ_Soul said:

I know what you mean. I think they try to film so much at a time they rush and just don't care to go back and clean anything up.

Season 5 is a big leap forward in this context.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Oh man... Poor Jack can't catch a break, lol. Just started season 6.... 24 is a universe where the US government regularly negotiates with terrorists even when they keep saying that the US government does not negotiate with terrorists... and their terrorist problem just gets worse every year. Gee, I wonder why? Lol. Besides the constant CTU moles, this whole doing whatever the terrorists ask is a strange writing decision.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 32,656
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh man... Poor Jack can't catch a break, lol. Just started season 6.... 24 is a universe where the US government regularly negotiates with terrorists even when they keep saying that the US government does not negotiate with terrorists... and their terrorist problem just gets worse every year. Gee, I wonder why? Lol. Besides the constant CTU moles, this whole doing whatever the terrorists ask is a strange writing decision.
    if there was one thing that bugged me about the show....it was the constant double agents at CTU. like, seriously, that just doesn't happen. you don't get to that level to just pull a screw job. and you don't work at that job for that many years, to then become a turncoat. you quit and become a private security consultant, like everybody else. 
    I think I'll move to Australia

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 27,490
    The entire thing was balderdash.
    (That I enjoyed!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 7,409
    Had no idea there was even an Obi Wan showing in the works until a few days ago. Watched the first 3 episodes that are out so far. Entertaining and interesting so far, but no Mandalorian.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 23,639
    I miss igotid88