Photos of your guitars

Comments

• BO175983BO175983 Posts: 62
    Yeah they might send some free stuff to you..
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Then there is some gray stuff under the bridge volume knob

Looks like polishing compound under the knob.  Probably pop the knob off and clean with a q tip.  I don't see anything wrong with the inlay though. Am I missing something?  It is a beautiful guitar!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Love the guitar.  The inlay has the brown section.  It may be natural but just can’t see how they would let it go through as it doesn’t look good at all.  I think I will just live with it.  I am not looking at guitars as an investment anyway.  Just want to play them.
    Love the guitar.  The inlay has the brown section.  It may be natural but just can’t see how they would let it go through as it doesn’t look good at all.  I think I will just live with it.  I am not looking at guitars as an investment anyway.  Just want to play them.
    That sucks.  As far as me judging your guitar I think the overall look is beautiful and the brown abalone looks like just a natural variance...but I get it.  I can be finnicky about aspects of my own guitars that no sane person would ever notice!   For sure if you wanted that full beautiful rainbow abalone and you paid for it that would be hard to get past.  I think it would be worth reaching out to see if they would just replace that inlay with a clearer bird.  For the price of high end PRS I think they would 
    Scio me nihil scire

Also that is one of the most breathtaking finishes I have  ever seen.
    Scio me nihil scire

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Queue an eye of the tiger cover! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited May 2022
    static111 said:
    That sucks.  As far as me judging your guitar I think the overall look is beautiful and the brown abalone looks like just a natural variance...but I get it.  I can be finnicky about aspects of my own guitars that no sane person would ever notice!   For sure if you wanted that full beautiful rainbow abalone and you paid for it that would be hard to get past.  I think it would be worth reaching out to see if they would just replace that inlay with a clearer bird.  For the price of high end PRS I think they would 
    If it is natural I am fine with it. I think I will reach out and see what they say about it.  I doubt I will go through the effort of boxing it up.  I love the guitar and it is the most comfortable guitar I have held sitting down.  

Well the verdict is that it is a natural thing.  Like a freckle.  Good with me!
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    static111 said:
    If it is natural I am fine with it. I think I will reach out and see what they say about it.  I doubt I will go through the effort of boxing it up.  I love the guitar and it is the most comfortable guitar I have held sitting down.  

that thing is gorgeous!!

i was going to agree with the poster above that said that the residue under the knob was most likely from the buffing and should come right out.

i did not even notice the imperfection with the bird. i thought it looked super cool and didn't think anything of it. i get the temptation to call about it when you pay that much for something. glad it all worked out!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    static111 said:

At least the "freckle" is near the center. I think it would be far worse if it was at the end of one of the wings, for example. 

Either way, that's a beautiful guitar. Enjoy it!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    static111 said:

Glad you are happy!  It is a beautiful guitar.  Don't forget a Paua died for those sweet inlays!
    Scio me nihil scire

here is my review of the olive drab les paul special.

i am really impressed with it. the quality control is much better than i expected. the finish isn't as ugly as i thought it would be. looks really nice in person, but the lacquer is a little thicker than i would have liked. i was hoping it would check and wear away as the years go on but the glossy nitro may not do that. it is glossy. i would have preferred it to be a little flatter or have a satin kind of feel, but the gloss is good enough for me.  the fretboard is bound, which is a nice touch. the wrap around tailpiece is going to take some getting used to. the strings seem to be a little slinkier than i expected and i think it is because there are no dedicated saddles like on a tune o matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece. it is really bright and resonant when playing unplugged. plugged in the p-90s sing. if i play with the neck pickup volume rocked back you get that classic eddie vedder esque clean sound like from his old tele. the bridge pickup roars and cleans up nicely. i played it with my old marshall and my matchless. i think it sounds better with the matchless, but sounds really good with both. it does clean tones and overdriven tones really well and is very versatile. it is a lightweight, simple, rock machine.

i was impressed with how clean the routs looked, and the pickup control cavity was really cleanly routed and soldered. it has the vintage style orange capacitors, which i always liked. the only thing i could think of to complain about was the fretboard was kind of dry. a little lemon oil took care of that easily.

all in all, i am really impressed with it and at this point i am happy i got it. my only question is why has it taken me 28 years to get something with p-90s in it? pics to follow.
    What were the go-to tunes that you want to play first with those P90’s?

i am really impressed with it. the quality control is much better than i expected. the finish isn't as ugly as i thought it would be. looks really nice in person, but the lacquer is a little thicker than i would have liked. i was hoping it would check and wear away as the years go on but the glossy nitro may not do that. it is glossy. i would have preferred it to be a little flatter or have a satin kind of feel, but the gloss is good enough for me.  the fretboard is bound, which is a nice touch. the wrap around tailpiece is going to take some getting used to. the strings seem to be a little slinkier than i expected and i think it is because there are no dedicated saddles like on a tune o matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece. it is really bright and resonant when playing unplugged. plugged in the p-90s sing. if i play with the neck pickup volume rocked back you get that classic eddie vedder esque clean sound like from his old tele. the bridge pickup roars and cleans up nicely. i played it with my old marshall and my matchless. i think it sounds better with the matchless, but sounds really good with both. it does clean tones and overdriven tones really well and is very versatile. it is a lightweight, simple, rock machine.

i was impressed with how clean the routs looked, and the pickup control cavity was really cleanly routed and soldered. it has the vintage style orange capacitors, which i always liked. the only thing i could think of to complain about was the fretboard was kind of dry. a little lemon oil took care of that easily.

all in all, i am really impressed with it and at this point i am happy i got it. my only question is why has it taken me 28 years to get something with p-90s in it? pics to follow.
    i've been playing it so much i don't remember the first few songs. i know i played a little bit of everything just trying to get a lot of different sounds out of it. i do remember black shuck by the darkness sounding particularly good for some reason.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Meet the new member of the family 

Sweet!  Those Revstars are interesting.  let us know what you think.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited May 2022
    I love the way revstars look! That blue with white stripe down the center one is beautiful. I like this one too! Do they all have the dark red/maroon color on the back?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Just took it for a quick spin. Feels amazing out of the box. Comes with my favorite strings , elixirs, so I don’t even have to change anything. The neck is super smooth and it’s very comfortable for me. Very happy with it. And the metallic green is incredible in person. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

i've been playing it so much i don't remember the first few songs. i know i played a little bit of everything just trying to get a lot of different sounds out of it. i do remember black shuck by the darkness sounding particularly good for some reason.
    Mississippi Queen is a must and I always loved how QOTSA and Jack White stuff sounded with p90s. Brash as hell
    nicknyr15 said:
    Just took it for a quick spin. Feels amazing out of the box. Comes with my favorite strings , elixirs, so I don’t even have to change anything. The neck is super smooth and it’s very comfortable for me. Very happy with it. And the metallic green is incredible in person. 
    love that green with the stripes. enjoy!!!

DewieCox said:

Mississippi Queen is a must and I always loved how QOTSA and Jack White stuff sounded with p90s. Brash as hell
    lol i forgot i knew mississippi queen. good call.

i just played it with my marshall and the new threshold maximizer pedal from bowman audio endeavors. i left it on the settings from when i last played it with my les paul custom and i had to completely change the settings around because the p-90s are so hot. gonna be a bit of a learning curve with the pedal settings now.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    nicknyr15 said:
    Meet the new member of the family 

Love the color!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    what do you guys think, black knobs or reflector knobs? i think reflectors pop more against the drab, but what do i know.

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Black for sure. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    what do you guys think, black knobs or reflector knobs? i think reflectors pop more against the drab, but what do i know.

Black 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Reflector all the way.
    I say black.
    i put the reflectors on there. i think it looks better with the chrome tailpiece.

• Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    2006 Les Paul Classic
    2012 American Standard Strat
    2021 AO 50's Tele
    Taylor acoustic and Epiphone Les Paul Standard not pictured.

Those are classics, Drew!  Nice collection.  Love the gold top.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    BO175983 said:
    Not yet. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009