Did you get this yet?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    dudeman said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    Just ordered one of these-

https://youtu.be/U_FP4ih9Q2g
    Did you get this yet?
    Yeah and its amazing. So many tones packed into this beast and I have not even touch the midi capabilities. It does the King of Tone thing plus a lot more. You can go from a sound that has a lot of dynamic range with touch sensitivity to all out distortion to everything between. Its not hard to dial in a good sound. Option paralysis can be an issue with these types of pedals but I like the flexibility and range of sounds you can get without having to add another pedal on top of it. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    edited December 2021
    That sounds great! Wampler makes nothing but killer pedals. 

I've been intrigued by this one too. I was a late comer to the Bluesbreaker and bought a Vick Audio Mount Pleasant. That thing is cool. It does the "low to mid gain OD without destroying your guitar tone" thing, super well. It really made me appreciate that circuit.

I ended up selling it, along with a bunch of other pedals just for the sake of downsizing. My collection of dirt pedals got a little out of hand and once it got over 60, I realized I had to clean house. 

The single channel Pantheon is on my short list to replace it with. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited January 2022
    Picked up a DigiTech drop pedal.  It is pretty cool to be able to hit the pedal and instantly be playing half step to an octave down.  Obviously not a complete replacement for a tuned down guitar. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990

Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Jason P said:
    you guys see this? it sounds like the Ten tones in a box.

i got on the waiting list, as if i don't already have enough drive pedals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeH6kQmNeOA
    That looks cool.   They closed the waiting list … they have 1500 orders and make 50 a week so that will give me some time to see if I can discover the tones with my current gear.  
    i got an email yesterday that said i am eligible to pay for mine in mid Feb and receive it sometime in march 2022. im surprised i am that far back in the queue when i signed up the day after that demo video was released.
    i was finally able to order this thing over the weekend. hopefully it is worth the wait!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    This just showed up today:
    What in the  H E double hockey sticks is that?
    edited February 2022
    It is a Nightowl Industries Edison Preamp. 

Edit: This is what it looks like when it's on.
    Post edited by dudeman on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    great scott!  i have no idea what that does but it looks cool. 

I'm somehow in a sweet spot with pedals right not.    Amps is another story.
    after 5.5 months i finally received my 1991 pedal to go along with my 1981 pedal. it sounds pretty good so far. i prefer it with my les pauls over my strat or tele. you all should grab one.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Will you dare get the eventual 2001 pedal for those Significant Other era Bizkit tones?
    DewieCox said:
    Will you dare get the eventual 2001 pedal for those Significant Other era Bizkit tones?
    Haha.  

The 1991 pedal sounds cool. 
    DewieCox said:
    nah, but might get a 1971 if it comes out, haha

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    DewieCox said:
    I have one, its a Boss Metal Zone, LMAO! 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    i just picked up one of these threshold maximizers from bowman audio endeavors. that is the company of james bowman of against me! he is a one man operation who builds boutique pedals in super low quantities. 

i love the dirty nil and luke bentham has a lot of credibility with me. this is bowman's take on a vintage rat pedal. i have a 1981, which is basically a rat on steroids, that i have a hard time finding a good use for. it gets super shrill like luke talks about in his video. hopefully this pedal is better about that. will let you all know when it arrives.

https://bowmanaudioendeavors.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8DgMERlXCw

annnnnd just like that, they are sold out. they went on sale 14 minutes ago...

It's a crazy market! That pedal looks cool!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dudeman said:
    Yeah, I still have a mini delay on backorder from Sweetwater since May 2020.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:
    wow, a whole year? you can learn to build pedals and build your own in that time!

dudeman said:
    yeah it is definitely a ripper. will see how it sounds with the mods that luke mentioned in the video. hopefully it is more usable for me than the 1981.

dudeman said:
    yeah it is definitely a ripper. will see how it sounds with the mods that luke mentioned in the video. hopefully it is more usable for me than the 1981.
    You know, I have an appreciation for everything that went into making the 1981, but I always found it to be a little too polite sounding for my taste. 

If I'm going to use a Rat-based pedal, I want it to rip the paint off the walls. Sometimes hi-fi and dirty rock and roll aren't the right match.
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:
    wow, a whole year? you can learn to build pedals and build your own in that time!
    Actually, I just checked, and it looks like the company discontinued the pedal. So, I guess it's time to get my money back from Sweetwater.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:
    Actually, I just checked, and it looks like the company discontinued the pedal. So, I guess it's time to get my money back from Sweetwater.
    there is always reverb!!

dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:
    there is always reverb!!
    Yup, there are a couple on there for more than they sold for new, of course.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dudeman said:
    dudeman said:
    You know, I have an appreciation for everything that went into making the 1981, but I always found it to be a little too polite sounding for my taste. 

If I'm going to use a Rat-based pedal, I want it to rip the paint off the walls. Sometimes hi-fi and dirty rock and roll aren't the right match.
    i just find the 1981, at least mine, is just too bright. even with the high cut cranked it is still too bright for my ears. it is better with my guitar tone knob turned down a bit, but it is a $250 pedal. i should not have to tweak my tone knobs to make it usable. that filter knob needs to have a bigger sweep in my opinion. 

• BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Anyone here have a JHS Overdrive Preamp or the new 3 series Screamer? Lots of reviews & they sound great 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
    BALLBOY said:
    Anyone here have a JHS Overdrive Preamp or the new 3 series Screamer? Lots of reviews & they sound great 
    i am actually really interested in the new screamer. the videos i have seen sound pretty good. i have a few screamer type pedals like the rockitt blue note and the dr no drive o matic, so may not need another screamer, but that thing sounds great in the demo videos.

threshold maximizer arrrived today. gonna play through it a bit and report back later.

BALLBOY said:
    I don't have the JHS but I really wish that he had put a tone control on there. I know that the original didn't have one but IMO, that circuit can get painfully bright.

A few months ago, I bought a couple Dirty Haggard Audio 797 pedals. (Those are that builder's version of the 250.) His is pretty bright too but I had him add a trimpot inside so that I can tame the highs. That really opened up the usefulness of the pedals. 

Stock 250s are excellent for getting screaming lead tones from an already cranking Marshall-type amp but they can be painful for those who use a clean amp as a pedal platform and use pedals for different levels of drive. 

(All of this is my opinion, of course.)