Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Purchased too.  Unsigned.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    ordered an unsigned. Still a $100 record. wow.

$130 if you are international. I can't see me buying these all. We are spoilt with the PJ Vault pricing in a way compared to this.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    FR181798 said:
    ordered an unsigned. Still a $100 record. wow.

$130 if you are international. I can't see me buying these all. We are spoilt with the PJ Vault pricing in a way compared to this.
    I think we are spoiled with the PJ vault packaging more than anything.  The PJ vaults at least reasonably look like they could be 100 dollar records

viper room which is the only SP vault I have, looks cheap 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    My Viper seemed fine. Not $80 worth, but I've bought plenty of records of similar quality press and sleeve.
    Vinyl quality of Viper was absolutely fine, always think gold vinyl looks a bit rubbish. Sleeve wasnt great for the money. Ive got plenty of records with similar sleeves but all cost under $30 and plenty with much better sleeves that cost a fraction of these. I think it was a missed opportunity to do more but maybe they will sell a $100 box to store them all in.
    Man, just reading around on the internet (was looking for some history on the unreleased songs), SP fandom is toxic. I get that Billy's schtick has aged poorly and he's got some weirdo fringe beliefs, but man, I've never seen a larger group of fans have so much hate towards something that they purportedly love. 

You would think at a certain point if it wasn't fun, you can just walk away. 
    FR181798 said:
    Vinyl quality of Viper was absolutely fine, always think gold vinyl looks a bit rubbish. Sleeve wasnt great for the money. Ive got plenty of records with similar sleeves but all cost under $30 and plenty with much better sleeves that cost a fraction of these. I think it was a missed opportunity to do more but maybe they will sell a $100 box to store them all in.
    No complaints in the sound department.  That part was outstanding. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Man, just reading around on the internet (was looking for some history on the unreleased songs), SP fandom is toxic. I get that Billy's schtick has aged poorly and he's got some weirdo fringe beliefs, but man, I've never seen a larger group of fans have so much hate towards something that they purportedly love. 

unreleased songs? I read it as songs that hadn't been released by the time of that show (but have been since), and songs that haven't been performed live since. did I misunderstand that?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited April 2022

I remember reading forums when Zwan came out and they were like that too.   Billy is Billy.  He’s the biggest SP fan in the world which actually makes these cool releases happen.  He obviously has an ego.  He thinks he’s side by side with Kurt. Etc.  I tend not to read his interviews and I just enjoy the tunes

I have no doubt he’s half of the archive team and probably put my record in the mail himself lol.   
    edited April 2022

unreleased songs? I read it as songs that hadn't been released by the time of that show (but have been since), and songs that haven't been performed live since. did I misunderstand that?
    So these are all live takes of both songs that saw studio release at some point, and some that didn't. I’d say half of these had a studio version appear as a album cut (Siva), a b-side (honeyspider) or as a Pisces Deluxe bonus track. 

The rest  haven’t been on any official release (live or studio). But most of the unreleased songs were on the Mashed Potatoes compilation, so if you have that and every official release, you’ve heard pretty much all of this. 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Furnace is expensive to use as a manufacturer. My friend Matt & I explored using them years ago and it was pricey then too just for plain LPs and generic sleeves. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

So these are all live takes of both songs that saw studio release at some point, and some that didn't. I’d say half of these had a studio version appear as a album cut (Siva), a b-side (honeyspider) or as a Pisces Deluxe bonus track. 

The rest  haven’t been on any official release (live or studio). But most of the unreleased songs were on the Mashed Potatoes compilation, so if you have that and every official release, you’ve heard pretty much all of this. 

i had that mashed potatoes long ago and then i suffered a hard drive crash. I checked my current library and I don't have most of these. I just checked again and now it's sold out. oh well. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

i had that mashed potatoes long ago and then i suffered a hard drive crash. I checked my current library and I don't have most of these. I just checked again and now it's sold out. oh well. 
    Will sound eons better than anywhere else these songs have existed prior. Maybe someone will do a quality vinyl rip of releases. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Damned expensive, but total FOMO, knowing these limited releases will be hard to obtain after the fact.  This one and the Tool one are crazy expensive.  This one a little cheaper, but hits you with the shipping.  $50 seems higher.   Usually $30 is on the high end of shipping a record to Canada. $15 is a bit low.  Usually it's in the $20's.
    Zod said:
    Damned expensive, but total FOMO, knowing these limited releases will be hard to obtain after the fact.  This one and the Tool one are crazy expensive.  This one a little cheaper, but hits you with the shipping.  $50 seems higher.   Usually $30 is on the high end of shipping a record to Canada. $15 is a bit low.  Usually it's in the $20's.
    You bought the Fear Tool box set?  I couldn't bring myself to do it.
    Zod said:
    I agree, I  bought both.  Both expensive.  I felt less bad paying for the tool set though. Assuming the vinyl quality is the same the tool set just seems more substantial. Weirdly enough, paying more for the tool set seemed like a better deal.  We will see if I feel the same way when I actually get it 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    Zod said:

amazon 168 for 5 records. 2 1/2 really. local had it for 162.  beats the shit out of 750 for autographed.

sooo looking forward to the reissues....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Zod said:

amazon 168 for 5 records. 2 1/2 really. local had it for 162.  beats the shit out of 750 for autographed.

I want a good 10,000 days and Aeinma.  If a regular version of Fear comes out I'll buy that too.  I'm good w Opiate and Undertow.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    mickeyrat said:
    Zod said:

I want a good 10,000 days and Aeinma.  If a regular version of Fear comes out I'll buy that too.  I'm good w Opiate and Undertow.

aenima, lateralus(straight up,  non-picture) and 10k....

got a good aenima boot. and the lat picture disc.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Zod said:

aenima, lateralus(straight up,  non-picture) and 10k....

got a good aenima boot. and the lat picture disc.
    I forgot about Lateralus, yeah, non picture disc.  I've got a great Salvial boot too.
    edited April 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    Zod said:

Guestroom records still has it 159.49 shipped. Didn’t charge sales tax either. That’s the cheapest I’ve seen 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    Think the fact that Archive 3 sold out quite quick helps me justify the expense that I was finding difficult on this one. Its hard to see black represses any time in the near future with these back logs. Probably a decent investment if nothing else.
    FR181798 said:
    Think the fact that Archive 3 sold out quite quick helps me justify the expense that I was finding difficult on this one. Its hard to see black represses any time in the near future with these back logs. Probably a decent investment if nothing else.
    I never knew SP had such a rabid following?
    FR181798 said:
    We're out there! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    FR181798 said:
    We're out there! 
    I bought this because I like the idea of getting stuff I haven't heard and upset I didn't get the first batches of them.  
    FR181798 said:
    I imagine the numbers of all 3 have been quite low. All sold out/ unavailable in 24 hours. Pumpkins records have been picking up considerable resale value over the past few years, even the reissues. They seem to be picking up a lot of new fans.
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    I imagine the numbers of all 3 have been quite low. All sold out/ unavailable in 24 hours. Pumpkins records have been picking up considerable resale value over the past few years, even the reissues. They seem to be picking up a lot of new fans.
    They need to reissue MCIS. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 780
    Machina I & II first. Hoping to have an update on that soon.

The hype is probably the first era of the band up to the Metro show-wonder what of their later albums is getting the most love. I saw their 3rd or something show back in London in 2007, would love to know if any good recordings of that are floating around. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JT167846 said:
    Machina I & II first. Hoping to have an update on that soon.

The hype is probably the first era of the band up to the Metro show-wonder what of their later albums is getting the most love. I saw their 3rd or something show back in London in 2007, would love to know if any good recordings of that are floating around. 
    Zeitgeist is a fucking beast of a record. I actually had hoped BC and JC would carry on together like that as a two piece. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    They need to reissue MCIS. 
    I’d be happier with a MCIS era archive release.  
    This latest release is interesting but I hope the volume 1 label on it doesn’t mean the next ones will also be obscure Rubano tapes.  Viper Room was a cool take on the Adore era so I kind of like that theme