Options

Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157
    Got my replacement Live in Japan vinyl today.   It's mint and sounds much better.  They handled that amazingly well.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Japan vinyl arrived today. Quality control leaves a bit to be desired on these. A few things you would expect to be better for the money but it mainly comes down to using old equipment, stuff like a blunt trimmer that has left them quite literally rough around the edges. Will give them a spin later and check if anything affects play. Just a few things on these that are hopefully just cosmetic flaws.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Japan sounds pretty fucking awesome! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Hope so, one of my LP2s is a little weirdly trimmed so right on the rim its almost scuffed all the way around giving it a sort of pale matt edge instead of being glossy like the others. The scuffing runs a little onto the run in groove as well so hopefully it doesn't affect that.

Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Tour with Janes Addiction this fall! 2 bands I have not seen yet. More excited for JA, but SP are cool too 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    I'm really temped to try to go to the SP show in Vancouver.  Only problem is I don't know anyone else that's still into the pumpkins enough to go.
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Zod said:
    I'm really temped to try to go to the SP show in Vancouver.  Only problem is I don't know anyone else that's still into the pumpkins enough to go.
    Go by yourself,  no shame in that.
    Caught the Pumpkins a couple years ago, great show. Saw Jane's and NIN together awhile back also, fantastic!
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    erebus said:
    Zod said:
    Caught the Pumpkins a couple years ago, great show. Saw Jane's and NIN together awhile back also, fantastic!
    i'm in this same boat a LOT. almost all the friends I used to go to shows with no longer go to shows, at all. And I go to them all, lol. I go to shows alone quite often, and frankly, I'm about at the end of my rope with it. No shame in it, but it's not as interesting. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FR181798 said:
    Hope so, one of my LP2s is a little weirdly trimmed so right on the rim its almost scuffed all the way around giving it a sort of pale matt edge instead of being glossy like the others. The scuffing runs a little onto the run in groove as well so hopefully it doesn't affect that.

UPDATE it does indeed sound awesome.
  • Options
    erebus said:
    Zod said:
    i'm in this same boat a LOT. almost all the friends I used to go to shows with no longer go to shows, at all. And I go to them all, lol. I go to shows alone quite often, and frankly, I'm about at the end of my rope with it. No shame in it, but it's not as interesting. 

I guess it's not so much going to the show solo.  I live in a smaller city on an Island, so it means doing a whole trip solo including overnighting somewhere.  Not as much fun to do on one's own.

I think I've got 1 or 2 people to go with me now. Challenge is figuring out the presale code(s) today and trying to buy tickets while i'm boarding an airplane.. lol.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    erebus said:
    Zod said:

I guess it's not so much going to the show solo.  I live in a smaller city on an Island, so it means doing a whole trip solo including overnighting somewhere.  Not as much fun to do on one's own.

I think I've got 1 or 2 people to go with me now. Challenge is figuring out the presale code(s) today and trying to buy tickets while i'm boarding an airplane.. lol.
    right. yeah, I've never gone on a trip on my own to see a band (well, I travelled alone, but my buddy met me on my travels). that would be....interesting. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Zod said:
    erebus said:
    Zod said:

right. yeah, I've never gone on a trip on my own to see a band (well, I travelled alone, but my buddy met me on my travels). that would be....interesting. 
    I did the 4 Florida PJ shows by myself but luckily ended meeting up w some friends so I was never alone at them which was good but I was prepared!
  • Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    edited May 2022
    Zod said:
    erebus said:
    Zod said:

I drove solo from Oregon down to San Fran to catch the Saturday 2003 Bridge. Worked out great bc the buddy who let me crash knew some cops who got us into the Sunday show for $20. 

Also drove to Portland solo (about a 3 hour trip) to catch Cypress Hill play basically a bar (Crystal Ballroom in McMenamin's brewery).  That was worth it too, to be honest, one of the best concerts i have ever been to.

But back to point - i'm trying to decide if i want to pull the trigger on this one.  I've never seen Jane's Addiction and have always wanted to, but this is right around the wedding anniversary and wife's not really a fan of either Pumpkins or Janes, so might be a hard sell, LOL..
    Post edited by DissidentRival74 on
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    Zod said:
    erebus said:
    Zod said:

I drove solo from Oregon down to San Fran to catch the Saturday 2003 Bridge. Worked out great bc the buddy who let me crash knew some cops who got us into the Sunday show for $20. 

Also drove to Portland solo (about a 3 hour trip) to catch Cypress Hill play basically a bar (Crystal Ballroom in McMenamin's brewery).  That was worth it too, to be honest, one of the best concerts i have ever been to.

But back to point - i'm trying to decide if i want to pull the trigger on this one.  I've never seen Jane's Addiction and have always wanted to, but this is right around the wedding anniversary and wife's not really a fan of either Pumpkins or Janes, so might be a hard sell, LOL..
    if Taylor Hawkins and Chris Cornell have taught me anything, it's don't wait for the "next time" (TOTD, BIG MISTAKE). I've never seen Jane's either. I'd love to. I hope one day they come to my neck of the woods. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    if Taylor Hawkins and Chris Cornell have taught me anything, it's don't wait for the "next time" (TOTD, BIG MISTAKE). I've never seen Jane's either. I'd love to. I hope one day they come to my neck of the woods. 

that's true, learned that the hard way not, nor ever, getting to see Layne and AIC and Shannon and Blind Melon....
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Tour with Janes Addiction this fall! 2 bands I have not seen yet. More excited for JA, but SP are cool too 
    That presale was easy. Got about the best “seats” possible as I didn’t want the floor 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    That presale was easy. Got about the best “seats” possible as I didn’t want the floor 
    Same. Floor prices in Tampa were $142+fees. I went with the $95 seats, which came out to $125 after fees. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    hihobibo said:
    Same. Floor prices in Tampa were $142+fees. I went with the $95 seats, which came out to $125 after fees. 
    I think they are going to struggle to sell out arenas.

if I was guessing, upper deck gets closed. I was actually at a Bruce Springsteen concert about 15 years ago (coincidentally at the same arena) where that happened.  I think it may happen with this. 

In Houston floor and seats (the good ones) were the same price 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    BC is going to have another tantrum and quit the music biz again if he has trouble selling this tour.  :D
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    It was, but there was definitely some dynamic pricing nonsense going on with it. Prices were changing as I thought about how much I wanted to spend. Went with the cheapest at $49 and I am hoping that…

hihobibo said:

if I was guessing, upper deck gets closed. I was actually at a Bruce Springsteen concert about 15 years ago (coincidentally at the same arena) where that happened.  I think it may happen with this. 

this scenario might play out and I get upgraded for free to lower bowl. I didn’t make it to SP last time they played Atlanta, but I am pretty sure it sold terribly because I watched it for a bit hoping I could go in the end. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    It was, but there was definitely some dynamic pricing nonsense going on with it. Prices were changing as I thought about how much I wanted to spend. Went with the cheapest at $49 and I am hoping that…

hihobibo said:

this scenario might play out and I get upgraded for free to lower bowl. I didn’t make it to SP last time they played Atlanta, but I am pretty sure it sold terribly because I watched it for a bit hoping I could go in the end. 
    I didn’t see any dynamic pricing going on on the presale, however the premium seats link that I just checked are listed at 288 each one row behind me. 
    In the presale it was 150 floor/lowers, 95, and I think a 3rd price level.  I assume that’s face 

I can’t see anywhere though what face value for each ticket level even is 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Almost bought tix for UBS arena show

decided to wait & make a score closer to the date

billy & Perry Howard interview was great, Perry looting during LA Riots 🤣
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,776
    2 weeks

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    hihobibo said:

Its 15 minutes into the on sale in Boston, and they had presales yesterday, and the ticket map looks like they've sold maybe 500 tickets out of 15,000 or whatever the capacity is (not selling anything behind stage).

Woof.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,807
    Zod said:
    erebus said:
    Zod said:

Janes is good live. Worth the time. But they play very short sets. Last time I saw them they barely broke an hour. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    hihobibo said:

Its 15 minutes into the on sale in Boston, and they had presales yesterday, and the ticket map looks like they've sold maybe 500 tickets out of 15,000 or whatever the capacity is (not selling anything behind stage).

Woof.
    Same in Houston.  Floor B (dead center) row 8 available 20 minutes in 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Yah we got row 6 on the floor in the section on the right.  Pretty happy with the seat location.

Not sure if it was that easy to get tix because presale passwords weren't widely known?  I only figured it out by trying some posted on reddit (FINALE worked for the vancouver show).

Not sure SP if an Arena sized band anymore, but hope it doesn't get cancelled (There was one in Vancouver that got cancelled years ago for low ticket sales :( )
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Zod said:
    Yah we got row 6 on the floor in the section on the right.  Pretty happy with the seat location.

Not sure if it was that easy to get tix because presale passwords weren't widely known?  I only figured it out by trying some posted on reddit (FINALE worked for the vancouver show).

Not sure SP if an Arena sized band anymore, but hope it doesn't get cancelled (There was one in Vancouver that got cancelled years ago for low ticket sales :( )
    I would be all over those great floor seats if my concert partner wasn’t my wife.  She hates floor so it’s lowers or I go solo.  

No idea what happens when it doesn’t sell out. Cancel or downgrade venues? I can’t imagine BC will go on stage to 3,000 fans in an arena 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Zod said:

Finale was the Live Nation presale password. Was sent out to millions via email.
    I think the ease of getting tix is due to low demand. They definitely overshot by booking arenas for this tour.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Looking at prices and I guess dynamic is still going because $3-500 floor seats are not going to sell with these bands...

Even the $95 seats were a wee bit too far to command those prices.

I'll wait.