Options

Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JT167846 said:
    Machina I & II first. Hoping to have an update on that soon.

The hype is probably the first era of the band up to the Metro show-wonder what of their later albums is getting the most love. I saw their 3rd or something show back in London in 2007, would love to know if any good recordings of that are floating around. 
    Zeitgeist is a fucking beast of a record. I actually had hoped BC and JC would carry on together like that as a two piece. 
    yeah, I really don't get how it didn't really seem to catch on. I LOVED that album. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    MCIS was so widely available about six months ago. At least where I was.   Siamese Dream was at Walmart.  Lol.   They need another repress.  
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    MCIS was so widely available about six months ago. At least where I was.   Siamese Dream was at Walmart.  Lol.   They need another repress.  
    Where at my friend? Any chance it would still be? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JT167846 said:

The hype is probably the first era of the band up to the Metro show-wonder what of their later albums is getting the most love. I saw their 3rd or something show back in London in 2007, would love to know if any good recordings of that are floating around. 
    Zeitgeist is a fucking beast of a record. I actually had hoped BC and JC would carry on together like that as a two piece. 
    yeah, I really don't get how it didn't really seem to catch on. I LOVED that album. 
    Still have the flag you sent me! It’s hanging in the basement near my drum kit! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,096
    I loved Zeitgeist too.  To me it felt like the most pumpkins sounding record I'd head since MCIS.  I don't suppose it ever got pressed on vinyl?
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I loved Zeitgeist too.  To me it felt like the most pumpkins sounding record I'd head since MCIS.  I don't suppose it ever got pressed on vinyl?
    Not sure, I remember the different versions that all had a different unreleased song on it. Some really good ones! I think they are all collected as a playlist on YouTube somewhere. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    Zeitgeist was never pressed, but there were a couple of 45s.
  • Options
    Zeitgeist was never pressed, but there were a couple of 45s.
    There he is! I knew you would know! 🙌 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Yeah I have the 2 coloured Zeitgeist singles but the full album never made it to vinyl. They were pushing multiple cd formats and packaging heavily back then. I've never owned the album because assumed it would come to vinyl and didn't want to buy twice. I guess I could pick up the cd really cheap now.
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Zod said:
    Isn’t the reason it’s not available in Apple Music and Tidal etc because so many people said it wasn’t good? Billy got mad or something and pulled it 

hadn’t thought about that album for a long time, just went to get it and it’s nowhere to be found 

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,096
    yah, I remember the CD thing.  It was tough because you had to pick which version and bonus song you wanted.... it was a tough choice.

Hopefully it gets a vinyl pressing one day.
  • Options
    JT167846 said:

Still have the flag you sent me! It’s hanging in the basement near my drum kit! 
    wow, totally forgot about that flag, and that I sent it to you. awesome!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Zod said:
    Isn’t the reason it’s not available in Apple Music and Tidal etc because so many people said it wasn’t good? Billy got mad or something and pulled it 

hadn’t thought about that album for a long time, just went to get it and it’s nowhere to be found 

He mentioned wanting to go back and remix it as a reason for it not being out there right now. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    Found this as I got curious.  He seems to have really thin skin.  It’s a shame.  Art is art and not every is going to get it. 

A little while back, Billy Corgan pulled the 2007 Smashing Pumpkins album Zeitgeist from streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music. Corgan reflected on this decision during recent Instagram story Q&A’s. 

So you took Zeitgeist off streaming services because you’re unhappy with the mix?

“No, I took it off because everyone told me it was no good. So I said, OK #becarefulwhatyouwishfor.”

I really wish I could’ve heard Zeitgeist before it was taken off music platforms.

“Me too. Shame those albums are so poor that they had to disappear.”

Why don’t people just buy Zeitgeist CD if they wanna hear it so bad? I have 4 diff versions.

“I have 3,000 copies in storage that label sold me for scrap (They were going to destroy them rather than store). IF you really want them.”

Guess I’ll just email ZuZu’s and ask to buy one.  SP fell of my radar between Adore and Oceania so I’ve barely listened to anything from that gap 

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    Good find. I hope he can find some peace of mind someday. Sometimes the artists we love are so deeply flawed. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    sorry, but Billy is such a whiny baby. Why punish the fans that like it? the guy is constantly cutting off his own nose to spite his face. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    sorry, but Billy is such a whiny baby. Why punish the fans that like it? the guy is constantly cutting off his own nose to spite his face. 
    Trauma makes people behave strangely. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,113
    Wow, totally missed that this was removed. I have a cd copy, so glad for that I guess!
  • Options
    I have the 3 bonus tracks that were released on the different coloured versions at Best Buy if anyone needs them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Trauma makes people behave strangely. 
    fair enough. guess I don't know about his trauma. he's an amazing artist, no question. just get so tired of him telling that to the world. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited April 2022
    anyone have the American Gothic EP? I seem to recall that all but falling under the radar. I really dig it. More acoustic/not heavy songs. 

edit: I guess I know why....there's no release listed on discogs for a US release of this. Europe, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Argentina and the UK. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,113
    Pretty sure I have the EP, but maybe I got it digitally? Possible that got removed. Hmm.

Have to say, I’m a bigger fan of Oceania. Favorite of the post break up albums.
  • Options
    anyone have the American Gothic EP? I seem to recall that all but falling under the radar. I really dig it. More acoustic/not heavy songs. 

edit: I guess I know why....there's no release listed on discogs for a US release of this. Europe, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Argentina and the UK. 
    I have it on CD. I can take photos and share later. It’s AMAZING. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I bought it digitally back in the day. I somehow got one with bonus live tracks, but can't find any information on it (or if those tracks were just added by a fan to a torrent). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    really wish I hadn't sold my Teargarden box sets back in the day. now they are more than I'm willing to pay. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    Post 2000 SP has been very uninteresting for me. I tried to like Zeitgeist, but it’s meh. If he remixes it, I may give it a chance. The original mixing was brutal. 
  • Options
    Post 2000 SP has been very uninteresting for me. I tried to like Zeitgeist, but it’s meh. If he remixes it, I may give it a chance. The original mixing was brutal. 
    My sense is he'll follow through with it. He's mentioned it enough times on Instagram live chats that I think we'll see it happen. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I just want him to finish the damn Teargarden project. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    If you like Zeitgeist the best way to listen to (some of) it is the AOL sessions on youtube - sounds like the album was supposed to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sj2IaVLMoQ
  • Options
    Loved them on the Zeitgeist tour, only ruined slightly by all the people who didn't love them and just spoke through the whole show, or shouted for Hummer for 2.5 hours.