OZARK -Netflix Show

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I always felt that way about the Brady Bunch. Totally not believable how the boys weren't banging the girls and Mike wasn't banging Alice.
    Had to laugh at this. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    hedonist said:
    I always felt that way about the Brady Bunch. Totally not believable how the boys weren't banging the girls and Mike wasn't banging Alice.
    Had to laugh at this. 
    holy shit we can destroy every show by pointing out every absurdity
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
    Had to laugh at this. 
    you're going pretty hard on this point. you never watched a show and went "come ON!"?  I have for sure. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:
    Had to laugh at this. 
    you're going pretty hard on this point. you never watched a show and went "come ON!"?  I have for sure. 
    yes....Brady Bunch

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    sure I have...but they were laughable shows.  I don't think Ozark is laughable.

Plus...we haven't seen the wrap up. Maybe it will all make sense (or maybe not)

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited February 2022
    We've started watching this as I didn't know what else to watch and figured it must be ok if there's a whole thread dedicated to it. We've seen episode 1 and it shows how Breaking Bad has set the threshold.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Good season. Had me hooked, but I agree, the plot is out of control at this point. Garner deserves an Emmy for her acting. She's been phenomenal. Not so great, the invincible Byrds. At least in previous seasons you thought there was a chance something could happen to them. Not this season. And the Darlene angle was just a waste. I was waiting for that ending for the entire season. Navarro went from ruthless to I'll keep giving you chances. They tried to build up to that, but I don't think they ever really sold his dramatic change. The only part I felt like was being close to reality was the FBI not bowing to every whim...until the last 10 minutes. Still, I think that is plausible if they wanted an in and really have no skin in the game if he doesn't cooperate.

Enjoyed it a lot though and looked forward to the finale.

Bateman's deadpan sarcasm for the win. No matter what role he plays, they're all a version of Michael Bluth.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Good season. Had me hooked, but I agree, the plot is out of control at this point. Garner deserves an Emmy for her acting. She's been phenomenal. Not so great, the invincible Byrds. At least in previous seasons you thought there was a chance something could happen to them. Not this season. And the Darlene angle was just a waste. I was waiting for that ending for the entire season. Navarro went from ruthless to I'll keep giving you chances. They tried to build up to that, but I don't think they ever really sold his dramatic change. The only part I felt like was being close to reality was the FBI not bowing to every whim...until the last 10 minutes. Still, I think that is plausible if they wanted an in and really have no skin in the game if he doesn't cooperate.

Enjoyed it a lot though and looked forward to the finale.

Bateman's deadpan sarcasm for the win. No matter what role he plays, they're all a version of Michael Bluth.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Jason Bateman has gotten really famous on playing the same character over and over and over again. Different people...all the exact same delivery. But somehow it works. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I have so dropped the ball on this. I think I’m only on the third episode! Might binge a bit this weekend.
    shit, that drops when i'm in seattle to see jerry cantrell! lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491
    edited March 2022
    GOOSEBUMPS
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    I don't get that but to each their own.....I think the series is great.

Breaking Bad was a stretch as well but still a great show.
    I agree. None of this stuff bothers me one bit. I am just all in, totally engrossed in the crazy story. I couldn't care less if it's realistic. Obviously it occurred to me that it IS unrealistic, especially how the Byrds just keep getting away with everything, but I don't mind! There are far more unrealistic shows that this out there that are well loved. I mean... they are rebooting Quantum Leap folks, haha.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430

fuck yes!!!!
    Better Call Saul on the 18th then this!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    psyched for it
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    mickeyrat said:

fuck yes!!!!
    I’m currently rewatching all of Ozark prior to part 2.  It’s just so good! Nearing the end of Season 3. 

mickey, thanks for the Saul heads-up. Love that show: Odenkirk is fantastic all around (loved him in Nobody). 
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:

fuck yes!!!!
    I’m currently rewatching all of Ozark prior to part 2.  It’s just so good! Nearing the end of Season 3. 

mickey, thanks for the Saul heads-up. Love that show: Odenkirk is fantastic all around (loved him in Nobody). 

BCS is episodic too since its on amc so that gets drug out thankfully. think I saw they are booked for 2 part season to series finale this year....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:

fuck yes!!!!

BCS is episodic too since its on amc so that gets drug out thankfully. think I saw they are booked for 2 part season to series finale this year....
    Lots of quality tv starting soon....Saul, Ozark, Barry, Stranger Things.....feel like I am forgetting at least a couple others too
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I started BCS at a bad time (too many other shows going at the time), so I need to rewatch that. I think I got through season 1, not sure, but I barely recall any of it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I started BCS at a bad time (too many other shows going at the time), so I need to rewatch that. I think I got through season 1, not sure, but I barely recall any of it. 
    I hardly recall much from the last season. It's weird but I feel like I say that for every season, yet, when the show is on, it's really really good. Just so much time in between seasons. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I hardly recall much from the last season. It's weird but I feel like I say that for every season, yet, when the show is on, it's really really good. Just so much time in between seasons. 
    part of the reason I like to start a show once it's done. I can stream it at my own pace without having to wait a year or longer between seasons. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:

fuck yes!!!!

Lots of quality tv starting soon....Saul, Ozark, Barry, Stranger Things.....feel like I am forgetting at least a couple others too
    Gah. Barry too? And Stranger Things? I feel so out of the loop on many of these. It’s been so long between seasons it’s easy to forget without some reminders here and there (so thank you too). 
    my kids are frothing at Stranger Things 4. I'm looking forward to it too actually. they are nuts for that show. posters, hoodies, etc. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I wonder how it’ll be now that they’re all in their “teens”. I kind of dug the innocence of the first season. The Duffer Bros had better not disappoint!

its a very slow build but great in the same storytelling way breaking bad was.

few more days! :smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Thanks for the heads up, for some reason i'd forgotten about the timeline! The one issue I have with these type of shows is actually what happened in episode 1 - his partner thinking it would be a good idea to screw over the cartel. In a million years how would that ever be a good play - no matter how much money is at stake lol. 

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Thanks for the heads up, for some reason i'd forgotten about the timeline! The one issue I have with these type of shows is actually what happened in episode 1 - his partner thinking it would be a good idea to screw over the cartel. In a million years how would that ever be a good play - no matter how much money is at stake lol. 
    This show in recent seasons requires a lot of leaping of faith from the viewer, but this didnt bother me.  I think you could chalk that up to them underestimating their 'client' (emphasized by Marty mocking Del's fake 'scarface' routine before he started killing).  Also Bruce was your prototypical alpha-male meathead who thinks he can do anything he wants.
  • Oh I hear ya and I agree with your points, I'm just nitpicking the point that you should probably never underestimate the cartel lol. It's a solid show and i'm really curious how it all plays out. Also: your username is the greatest hockey call ever. 

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City