The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• tbergs said:
    The hero worship had to have been BS. If not, that person needs some guidance in life. I love PJ, but I would never call Eddie Vedder my hero. That type of thinking is weird. A hero is someone who sacrifices something for the greater good, you know, a selfless act or deed, not mostly selfish and void of empathy.
    Like Batman.
    Does Batman do it selfishly though, or is he self-medicating through vigilante violence the trauma of his dead parents?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    so the UFC released an official statement saying that it was a conflict of schedules. at the post fight presser, dana white, the PRESIDENT, says that statement was bullshit; there was no scheduling conflict; if he wanted to work, he would have worked. 

weird. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    so the UFC released an official statement saying that it was a conflict of schedules. at the post fight presser, dana white, the PRESIDENT, says that statement was bullshit; there was no scheduling conflict; if he wanted to work, he would have worked. 

weird. 
    if he wanted too.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129

weird. 
    i was gonna say that there was no way it was a scheduling conflict. the pay per view schedule is known a year or more in advance. joe would have known to keep his schedule clean for last night a year ago. it is all bullshit.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    spotify originally was going to offer rogan 200 million bucks.

that's crazy, bro.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    People on here listening to Joe Rogan. What to say what to say.

Steven Seagal is not fighting in Ukraine

A false tweet - seemingly sent by CNN's verified Twitter account - claims US actor Steven Seagal, who is a dual US-Russian national, has been spotted "among Russian special forces" near Ukraine's capital of Kyiv.

Along with ordinary users, the tweet has been picked up by influential accounts with huge followings, including US podcast host Joe Rogan, who shared it with his 14 million followers on Instagram.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384

"I'm a fucking moron" - Joe Rogan 
    so we're only blaming Rogan here when he's just retweeting info from CNN?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    edited March 2022
     :D 
    apparently so....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited March 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    apparently so....
    You come off awfully lot like Joe Rogan listeners:

Washington (CNN)As CNN works to debunk misinformation about the war in Ukraine, some social media accounts are working to spread misinformation about CNN's own coverage of the war.

A series of phony screenshots -- screenshots supposedly depicting CNN's reporting but that are actually fabrications that aren't from CNN at all -- have spread widely on social media platforms over the past week.

One of these fakes, a screenshot of a nonexistent "CNN" report about actor Steven Seagal being spotted in Ukraine, was shared and then deleted by prominent podcaster Joe Rogan on Monday.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    edited March 2022
    ohhh a clarification or rather more pertinent information than the ambiguous "seemingly sent by". it certainly suggests false or fake post but doesnt definitively state so.

not only is rogan a moron. hes an asshole too.

havent listened in a year. too fucking smug with the 100 mil payday.

so now what.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

The same CNN Rogan's gone off on in the past for their lies? That CNN? 
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    apparently so....
    You come off awfully lot like Joe Rogan listeners:

Washington (CNN)As CNN works to debunk misinformation about the war in Ukraine, some social media accounts are working to spread misinformation about CNN's own coverage of the war.

A series of phony screenshots -- screenshots supposedly depicting CNN's reporting but that are actually fabrications that aren't from CNN at all -- have spread widely on social media platforms over the past week.

One of these fakes, a screenshot of a nonexistent "CNN" report about actor Steven Seagal being spotted in Ukraine, was shared and then deleted by prominent podcaster Joe Rogan on Monday.

why? because I can intelligently view a situation objectively, even with my negative bias towards that person involved? because I don't listen to Rogan, and I think he's an irresponsible douche. but I can judge every situation on its own merits. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The same CNN Rogan's gone off on in the past for their lies? That CNN? 
    yep. as far as I know, he's only gone off on them about the lies that affected him. I don't recall him ever blanketing them as a fake news network or anything. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited March 2022
    No, it wasn’t a tweet from CNN. It was a photoshopped screenshot that he shared.
    I’ve never liked Rohan. Why anyone shares a screenshot of a tweet that doesn’t have the link seems gullible too. You have to know it’s fake if it sounds crazy and is just a screenshot.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    mace1229 said:
    No, it wasn’t a tweet from CNN. It was a photoshopped screenshot that he shared.
    I’ve never liked Rohan. Why anyone shares a screenshot of a tweet that doesn’t have the link gullible too. You have to know it’s fake if it sounds crazy and is just a screenshot.
    oh, didn't realize that's what "fake tweet" meant. I thought it just meant false info.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited March 2022
    What’s even worse in my opinion was his comments afterwards. We’ve all been duped one time other another. A simple “I’m sorry I fell for it, I’ll do better” would be no big deal. But he went on to try and explain why it was a plausible story to begin with, that Seagal is pro Russia and banned from Ukraine, so it makes total sense a 69 year old would be in the special forces fighting for them. That was more stupid that sharing the bad tweet.
    i am willing to bet that nobody is happier about the situation in ukraine than rogan and spotify. as soon as russia invaded people stopped talking about the spotify controversy.

i should not have said happier. relieved was the word i really meant to say.

I gotta say, I honestly don't think rogan gives a shit about this stuff. I really don't. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    I gotta say, I honestly don't think rogan gives a shit about this stuff. I really don't. 
    If he didn’t care, he wouldn’t have posted a rambling 10 minute bullshit statement on Twitter. His ego won’t allow him to “not care.” 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    If he didn’t care, he wouldn’t have posted a rambling 10 minute bullshit statement on Twitter. His ego won’t allow him to “not care.” 
    that was literally the first and only time he's ever done that. I honestly don't think he generally cares about common criticism. I think he only did that because it was such a big deal that Neil made out of it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    He wants Desantis. Not the W it appears to be.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    DewieCox said:
    I'll take Desantis over tRump 24/7 365....Desantis is a fucknut but he's nowhere near as deranged as tRump
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    DewieCox said:
    I'll take Desantis over tRump 24/7 365....Desantis is a fucknut but he's nowhere near as deranged as tRump

Rogan is a far right extremist who hates the dems. 

But rds is much smarter than trump and could think of many ways to crunch the dems and derail stuff like renewable energy. And he'd have much better coattails than rump.
    The flip side of this coin is Rogan wanted to, and knew how much his platform would help people like Alex Jones, Gavin Mcinnes, Candace Owens etc. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    DewieCox said:

Rogan is a far right extremist who hates the dems. 

But rds is much smarter than trump and could think of many ways to crunch the dems and derail stuff like renewable energy. And he'd have much better coattails than rump.
    Yeah...in many ways a "Smart Trump" is scarier than the same old stupid Trump. That said, I'll go to my grave believing that Trump even ran because he was broke and in debt to Russians. There's at least a chance that DeSantis's takeover of the GQP could remove some of the fealty to Putin and Russia.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    DewieCox said:
    I wouldn’t. If you think the “own the libs” mindset is scary now, just look how people have cheered his string of blatantly fascist acts over the last few months.