The Food Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hahaha.  I've ordered so many....but never that one.
    How much did you put on whatever you ate it with?
    I just always wanted to do that one since they says it’s so terrible. They are all correct.

We had naked wings left over, so it was perfect. I put waaaaay too much on. Like maybe a tablespoon or so over the whole wing.

Horrendous
    Pow.  I would love to see someone do that.  Good luck to your insides.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I just always wanted to do that one since they says it’s so terrible. They are all correct.

We had naked wings left over, so it was perfect. I put waaaaay too much on. Like maybe a tablespoon or so over the whole wing.

Horrendous
    Yeah man. It was a scene and very very painful. I can also promise you that the wings they are eating are not fully doused in straight hot sauce 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Horrendous
    Yeah man. It was a scene and very very painful. I can also promise you that the wings they are eating are not fully doused in straight hot sauce 
    After eating things with spots of The Last Dab (several versions) I've always suspected this.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    What’s the deal? I’m not familiar with the sauce. The type you sign waivers for to eat? 
    bbiggs said:
    What’s the deal? I’m not familiar with the sauce. The type you sign waivers for to eat? 
    It’s one of the hot sauces on that YouTube show Hot Ones. It’s the one they complain about the most and say it just hurts and tastes terrible, both things confirmed 
    ^ Oh man that’s rough. I like serious heat levels but I don’t want it to be straight up painful. That’s no bueno. Sucks that it tastes bad too. I’ve had some that are too hot for me but at least have good flavor for the brief moment before my mouth is numb. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Thanks Cliffy for confirming that I should never taste that, although I remain tempted.  Any tasting notes LOL!
    I have ordered some of the Dawson's sauces and they were pretty good, but HOT.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Have watched the show long enough, have to give it a try 

Edit: update, worst thing I ever ate 

Fuck this sauce! Nothing pleasant about it.
    Might be my happy place

Noice!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Looking forward to everybody's Super Bowl spreads. I picked up some T-Bones and gonna reverse sear.

When I moved to Ireland, it wasn't an issue with the game starting at 11:30pm. It definitely gets harder as I get older.
    Yes, pictures, folks, pictures!

7 year old said he wanted a cooking lesson from his dad....lol, like I can give lessons!
    Well, for him, I try

First was what many cooks do for preparation....or have done for them.  Basic stuff that he had fun helping with.

Have some beets and turnips roasting for what should be a nice salad, later on.

Main meal for me....forgot to snap the lobster tail.
    Beet and turnip salad, with mushrooms.
    Nachos at some point during the game to soak up some of the beers.

Did your Buffalo cauliflower. Chicken wings are smoked. Tzakiki dip

^ Food looks great and I like the half acre making an appearance 🍻
    bbiggs said:
    Cheers!
    Did your Buffalo cauliflower. Chicken wings are smoked. Tzakiki dip

Sweet!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    bbiggs said:
    Cheers!
    Tome is one of my favorites from Half Acre.  It's a great beer for golfing.  Didn't realize they distributed to Philly...that's great.
    bbiggs said:
    Cheers!
    Tome is one of my favorites from Half Acre.  It's a great beer for golfing.  Didn't realize they distributed to Philly...that's great.
    Yeah man. Pretty wildly accessible here. Daisy cutter has been around forever
    I didn’t know they distributed your way either. Daisy cutter is the one beer I have in my fridge at all times. Awesome stuff. 
    For thread integrity, we’re about to munch on homemade sausage and peppers and Buffalo wings. I’m already full from all the apps…need a second wind 
    Decided to turn the sausage and peppers into a sandwich. So glad I did 

Lobster is a Valentine’s Day tradition. This year i went to the Asian supermarket and the guy didn’t speak a lick of English so I got stuck buying a 3.5 pound lobster

4 year old her her first full lobster. She ate it in 4.5 seconds 
    Hahaha.   Awesome!
    Hell yeah.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    edited February 2022
    Just add a little vanilla. Yum
    Post edited by Loujoe on
    Kingfish (Harimasa) and a little Salmon Belly.

Oh wow that looks amazing!!!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

I had some leftover roasted chicken so I fried up some peppers and onions and made a fajita with avocado, hot salsa, and sour cream. It’s a good way to use up leftovers. 
    Looks great!
    Ever peel & steam your Asparagus?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Looks great!
    Ever peel & steam your Asparagus?
    No. I haven’t tried it that way. I just sautéed it in a little olive oil in the same pan that I sautéed the peppers and onions. Does peeling it make it less stringy?