so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Hangover Super Bowl Sundee food...

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Nice.  Onion rings!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    That cheesesteak was goddamn delicious, courtesy of Pizza Plus.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I knew that was Pizza Plus right away! Never even thought of trying their cheesesteak but it looks pretty awesome. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Party time. Happy birthday, kid
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Oh man, so jealous.   Haven't had Angelo's in forever
    Happy Birthday  to the kiddo!
    Didn’t take pics, but we went to Steve’s tonight. I’ll never understand why people hate them so much. 
    My beef with Steve's is the beef. Not a fan of the slabs, gotta chop that shit up even a little bit.

But yeah overall it's fine. Draw a circle line out from Center City to AC, then out to West Chester, and a circle around those points and you're going to find a good cheesesteak within that area.
    Had to take up Jearlpam’s recommendation on Pizza Plus. Did not disappoint.

Nice! Gooey cooper sharp goodness.
    Yeah that looks great.
  • Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 335
    Today is National Cheesesteak Day. Get out there and support your favorites!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    For the Camden show I am actually coming in the day before since I don't like traveling on show days. I don't need to do much sightseeing in Phillly. My dad grew up there and I was there visiting my grandparents hundreds of times while they were still alive. However, if any of you are free, I would love to meet up for a cheese steak the night before the Camden show. Who is in?
    GlowGirl said:
    For the Camden show I am actually coming in the day before since I don't like traveling on show days. I don't need to do much sightseeing in Phillly. My dad grew up there and I was there visiting my grandparents hundreds of times while they were still alive. However, if any of you are free, I would love to meet up for a cheese steak the night before the Camden show. Who is in?
    Will look to meet up at some point but not sure what my schedule will be that week.  Donkeys Place would be a good hit for lunch.
    GlowGirl said:
    Will look to meet up at some point but not sure what my schedule will be that week.  Donkeys Place would be a good hit for lunch.
    Cool. We still have many months before the show. Hopefully, a week or so before a few of us can make a plan to meet up the night before the show. Just planting the seed. 
    For sure, before MSG is an option, as well.
    Yes. MSG as well. 
    Delores' roasted pork loin...

I finally tried the cheesesteak from Angelo’s today and oh man, this thing is seriously in contention for best cheesesteak. I was blown away. I got mine with their house made long hot wiz, which was phenomenal. But I’m sure it’s great with American or provolone too. The bread was so crunchy on the outside and the quality of the beef was top notch. 

I love that they are doing so well.  Good peeps.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    RiotZact said:
    I finally tried the cheesesteak from Angelo’s today and oh man, this thing is seriously in contention for best cheesesteak. I was blown away. I got mine with their house made long hot wiz, which was phenomenal. But I’m sure it’s great with American or provolone too. The bread was so crunchy on the outside and the quality of the beef was top notch. 

It’s the best cheesesteak in the city and not particularly close in my opinion. The cooper sharp and fried onions is basically the house version from what I understand. We had it last week too. Along with plain, pepperoni and the upside down jawn. The pizza is great, the cheesesteak is on another planet 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    And here I thought this place had been there for decades and I just never knew about it.

Anyone know a good steak sandwich in or around Horsham. That is the location of my new job.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    And here I thought this place had been there for decades and I just never knew about it.

Anyone know a good steak sandwich in or around Horsham. That is the location of my new job.
    Maple Glenn Pizza and Mama's Pizza have decent cheesesteaks kind of nearby. Maple Glenn's pizza is really good too.

There's also Vintage Bar on Old York Road--pretty much all food there is really solid. 

And if you have about a half hour, give Curley's a try out in Levittown. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    the rolls used for cheesteaks should not have seeds on them. violation.
    The guy drank three 24 ounce cups of cheesesteak. My god.
    pjhawks said:
    A seeded roll is an automatic plus in my book.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    A seeded roll is an automatic plus in my book.
    Donkey's is the only place that has Seeds, that I've had.