Photos of your guitars

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    wow those two guitars are amazing.  That Gibson is my dream guitar.  
    It plays great.  Go get one!  

The Martin HD-28 arrived yesterday and I played it this morning. Love it.  Some guitars just feel easier to play than others.
    Maybe the epiphone version lol.  
    You have seven more people in your household than me to think about.  Ha.  Spouse and six kids, right?  
    Whoa whoa.  Five kids and a spouse! None of this six kid nonsense.  ;)

waiting for sweet water to do three year financing and I m going to pull the trigger on a Martin d15.  
    I think your wife may have some news for you...

Martin D-15 looks pretty sweet.  Make sure to ask for a deal when you are ready to buy it.  Good chance you could have them cover the taxes.  I don't ask for deals as much as I should but never got declined when I did ask.  One time I got a call from Sweetwater that they had to put more on my Visa credit card than my Sweetwater card on a purchase and they ended up just writing off the rest (about $200).  
    At 44 I really don’t need that kind of news lol. 

I never thought of asking for a deal, I like it!! Hopefully they run the three year plan soon.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I had the Prodigy and MIJ tele pictured above. Based on what I was told here and saw online, I was asking $500 for the Prodigy and $800 for the tele listing online. I figured I’d end up taking $100 less on each. Got no interest in the Prodigy. Had some low offers on the tele.
    So I took them to Guitar Center. They offered me $400 each. Thought that was a decent price for the prodigy, but not the tele. Took them both to a local small store. He offered me $275 for the Prodigy and $750 for the tele. Sold the tele to the local guy (he’s selling for $1300) and the prodigy to GC.
    Sharing because I hadn’t even considered checking out music stores, thinking I’d get way low-balled.  But ended up working out. Had I known they would sell the tele for $1300 I probably would have been asking 1k, but seeing as I had no serious offers listing it at $800 it didn’t matter. If you sell something pricey it’s worth checking out.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    edited January 2022
    Glad it worked out, Mace!

This is a new addition: ESP Ltd Surveyor '87. Since these pictures were taken, I have changed out some of the hardware for chrome. The pickguard is a 3-ply that was left over from my Fender Precision. Otherwise, these things are good to go out of the box. I went to the shop to buy an American Fender but happily left with this one instead. Fender has some stiff competition in the bass market these days. 
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    The old red Squire strat case keeps getting more decorated over the years:
    IMG

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

My babies. Fender American Highway 1 Tele, Duesenberg Fairytale lap steel, Gibson Custom Shop J45
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:

My babies. Fender American Highway 1 Tele, Duesenberg Fairytale lap steel, Gibson Custom Shop J45
    I m drooling looking at that J45.   Nice work!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    benjs said:

Beauties, Ben!  Love that nice oft played Tele!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I played a D15 earlier this week and fell in love with it. I think there's a good chance that I may have found my next guitar.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    I played a D15 earlier this week and fell in love with it. I think there's a good chance that I may have found my next guitar.
    I love the D15!  It’s definitely my next guitar.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Little known fact:  Cameron wrote In the Moonlight and Evacuation on a D-15.  Said that the guitar was just made for odd time signatures.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Little known fact:  Cameron wrote In the Moonlight and Evacuation on a D-15.  Said that the guitar was just made for odd time signatures.  
    Very very cool!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Very very cool!
    That was a lie.  Was thinking you’d have a different reaction based on your dislike for Cameron tunes.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Very very cool!
    That was a lie.  Was thinking you’d have a different reaction based on your dislike for Cameron tunes.
    Ha ha.  You know I was going to comment on how much I hate those songs but I thought I’d be a better person. Lol.  Damn.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Very very cool!
    LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Finally got around to doing this. There are a couple more guitars upstairs, but these are the ones that I play the most. I'll be looking for another acoustic (thinking D15) in the next few months as well. A couple of these are definitely knock around guitars & some are project guitars. And it also tells me that I need to clean up the studio a bit. LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Classical was my Mom's when she was in college. Taking it in for some work soon. The Seagull is my wife's (she's left handed) and I wish I could play it! The Olympia acoustic is a great knockaround that needs some repairs & the same can be said for the Takemine acoustic/electric. Need to get the action lowered. The Tele is the one that I built with a kit I bought from The Fretwire (highly recommend them! It was a lot of fun and I think I may do another kit of theirs soon---the resonator!) The bass is a Squire J Bass that sounds fantastic & next to that is a decent little mandolin. The Strat is a '93 Mexican Strat that I absolutely love and then you have my favorite guitar, the Gretsch Electromatic.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Looks great Matt!

Anybody have experience with buying from Guitar Center?  I see that they have four year financing.  Very very tempting....
    mfc2006 said:
    Classical was my Mom's when she was in college. Taking it in for some work soon. The Seagull is my wife's (she's left handed) and I wish I could play it! The Olympia acoustic is a great knockaround that needs some repairs & the same can be said for the Takemine acoustic/electric. Need to get the action lowered. The Tele is the one that I built with a kit I bought from The Fretwire (highly recommend them! It was a lot of fun and I think I may do another kit of theirs soon---the resonator!) The bass is a Squire J Bass that sounds fantastic & next to that is a decent little mandolin. The Strat is a '93 Mexican Strat that I absolutely love and then you have my favorite guitar, the Gretsch Electromatic.
    That Gretsch is sweet.  One day I'll finally get off my ass and get a kit to make my owner guitar.  That's awesome.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks great Matt!

Anybody have experience with buying from Guitar Center?  I see that they have four year financing.  Very very tempting....
    I bought my Gretsch from them. No issues whatsoever. 

bootlegger10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    That Gretsch is sweet.  One day I'll finally get off my ass and get a kit to make my owner guitar.  That's awesome.
    The kits are a blast. Can’t wait to start the next one!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited February 2022
    Possibility of a new addition to the guitar family.  Stay tuned.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nice, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    mcgruff10 said:
    uh oh....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    cool stuff these last few pages. i like this thread.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962

This is an older, alternative materials Martin that I have been working on. It had issues with the bridge and my attempts to fix it failed. (Probably best to avoid Martin models with HPL tops.)

I added a few braces and installed the trapeze tailpiece yesterday. It's a little funky and different but it plays better than before by a lot!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    My wife made this for me a few years ago, still one of my favorite presents.  :)

mcgruff10 said:
    Excellent.  Always tough to follow the instructions and wait 24 hours to let the guitar acclimate to the room temperature.  
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks great Matt!

I also got a Gretsch (Streamliner) through them just recently. No issues
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Just got a job at Guitar Center. This could be dangerous...
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    Woah. That is awesome.  What state?  I may have to become a customer if there are any board member discounts.
    edited February 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    Just got a job at Guitar Center. This could be dangerous...
    Very nice! An old bandmate of mine worked at one in Houston & got 20-25% off, I think.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com