albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mfc2006 said:
    Will be spinning Shame, with a cocktail, this weekend.  Happy for the bump/reminder.
    I will be spinning Welcome To Discovery Park & Shame. Hell, I may spin all of them! 

Best Friends is underrated, in my opinion.
    I have Best Friends on CD and listen to it all the time. It would be great to have it (along with the others) on vinyl at an affordable price. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    They made a significant musical mark on me that’s for sure. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Great band and one of my favorite side projects! My best memory is getting to see them play at The Roxy in Los Angeles many years ago!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    Does anyone remember when Brad were on Much Music back in 1997? Been trying to find that interview & Secret Girl live performance. Had it recorded on VHS but can't find it.
    demetrios said:
    Does anyone remember when Brad were on Much Music back in 1997? Been trying to find that interview & Secret Girl live performance. Had it recorded on VHS but can't find it.
    That would truly be a find! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • demetrios said:
    Was it Sook yin lee who interviewed them? I had that on vhs as well....its long gone
    demetrios said:
    Was it Sook yin lee who interviewed them? I had that on vhs as well....its long gone

I believe it was. 
  • They came through Cincinnati in 1997 -- and we happened to meet the A&R guy for Epic at the venue, and were able to do a meet & greet with the band. Everyone who was there made a beeline toward Stone, I went to the Shawn and the others. 

I said, "do you all mind signing something for me?" and I pulled out a copy of The Family by Satchel -- Shawn, Regan, and Mike said no one on the tour had done that, and they were happy to sign it. 

Shawn was working on some new solo material with Dave Abbruzzese when he passed. I would have loved to had heard more from those sessions. Word was they had some BRAD material in the can, but I've not heard if it will ever see the light of day. Additionally, about a year ago there was talk of reissuing both Satchel and BRAD material on vinyl -- but I'm assuming that is not happening since there's been no word in over a year.
    Member since 1996...
    Let's hope all goes well for the reissues.
    YES!!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    @mfc2006

I forgot they played KEXP
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    @mfc2006

Yup. I watch that all the time. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    @mfc2006

Do you have their Daytrotter Sessions? Those are really awesome! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mfc2006 said:
    @mfc2006

I do! I also have their iTunes sessions with has an absolutely stunning version of "Screen." Let me know if you need that--I can send it to ya.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    @mfc2006

I do! I also have their iTunes sessions with has an absolutely stunning version of "Screen." Let me know if you need that--I can send it to ya.
    Haha, you know I have that set! Our affection for all things Shawn Smith runs deep! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    They had some cool in store performances. Need to fetch those videos out. 
    demetrios said:
    I can upload mine and post back soon. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    demetrios said:
    Do it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Im going to go on you tube now and watch brad. I need it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    demetrios said:

Yes please! 
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    edited January 2022
    cbeiting said:
    They came through Cincinnati in 1997 -- and we happened to meet the A&R guy for Epic at the venue, and were able to do a meet & greet with the band. Everyone who was there made a beeline toward Stone, I went to the Shawn and the others. 

I said, "do you all mind signing something for me?" and I pulled out a copy of The Family by Satchel -- Shawn, Regan, and Mike said no one on the tour had done that, and they were happy to sign it. 

Shawn was working on some new solo material with Dave Abbruzzese when he passed. I would have loved to had heard more from those sessions. Word was they had some BRAD material in the can, but I've not heard if it will ever see the light of day. Additionally, about a year ago there was talk of reissuing both Satchel and BRAD material on vinyl -- but I'm assuming that is not happening since there's been no word in over a year.
    Shawn smith is also on this album(does backing vocals). Ty Willman of Green Apple Quickstep sings and Regan Hagar is on drums. Song 9 has a lot of Shawn on it. F!res is the band. Check it out came out last November. 
    https://firesofficial.bandcamp.com/releases
    Im going to go on you tube now and watch brad. I need it
    Enjoy! There's a lot of great stuff out there
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    I recall when it came out not even being interested, not buying it etc.  Then 10 years later finally giving in and taking a listen I fell in love with Shame, had to search long and hard for a CD of it, eventually vinyl.  Buttercup...man I love Shame.  Rockstar into We....brilliant.  Screen, good News....I really learned to appreciate Shawn.  Really got me back into Temple as well.  I think this album was my Stone Gossard is a rock God album
    I love playing Buttercup on my guitar. Such beautiful notes and when it kicks into that full chord, man. Just so good! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I love playing Buttercup on my guitar. Such beautiful notes and when it kicks into that full chord, man. Just so good! 
    What are the chords?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Any updates on the vinyl reissues? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    I love playing Buttercup on my guitar. Such beautiful notes and when it kicks into that full chord, man. Just so good! 
    What are the chords?
    I don't remember off the top of my head. I learned it by playing along. 
    www.cluthelee.com