Beware Alert - belinda27

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    OP, sorry you were done this way.  Thank you for the heads up and I hope that eventually you get what you paid for.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    pjl44 said:
    what I think he's getting at is that there is a perception out there and around here among some folks that the whole grail thing is kind of an "elite circle jerk", not necessarily of anyone really "deserving", just a big grift among a group of friends by getting a bunch of others outside the circle to donate to the cause. 

not saying I agree/disagree; I don't care either way. But I've heard that perspective. 
    I never understood why you would chip in money to get someone you've never met an uber valuable trinket but it's a free country.

I could see a group of friends getting together and doing something similar privately. Nice gesture. The public nature of it struck me weird. That one of the beneficiaries was never embarrassed by it.
    Well, you are making some assumptions there.
    First, that people have not met before.  Second, that none of the beneficiaries were embarrassed by it, or at least by the public nature of the community saying thank you for things that were just part of who that person is/how they act.

Do you know either of these assumptions to be true?  (I can say that at least in some instances, they are not.)

My opinion is that it is a kind gesture of people giving, of their own free will, to a fellow fan.
    Of course, as a participant I guess I'm biased.  

As someone who’s never participated I see nothing wrong with it and think the concept is cool. I’m not into social media and haven’t made connections here, I know the first names of about 5 people in here and that’s only because 3 of them have their name in their screen name.  But that’s my choice. Those who’ve gotten to know each other a little it’s kind of a cool idea I think.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Hi Mace, I'm Lou.
    Thanks for the heads up op. I rarely buy stuff, but would be bummed to get stiffed on a deal. 
    Hope seller is ok too.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I've contributed to a couple grails of people that seem like good people on here, and if the person was down on their luck or something. Never met a single one of you. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I've contributed to a couple grails of people that seem like good people on here, and if the person was down on their luck or something. Never met a single one of you. 
    That's because you live in the middle of nowhere.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    edited December 2021
    Agree, I've met 30-40 folks, at least.  Some I know very well.
    Going to shows in hub sort of cities that lots travel to, helps

Never met the person who stiffed the OP, though.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mcgruff10 said:
    well yeah, and I also have social anxiety. even if I knew some of you would be somewhere, I'd avoid it like the plague. or i'd just make sure not to wear one of my 300 Headstones shirts. might be a bit of a giveaway. :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited December 2021
    Hate to see stuff like this. Hopefully everything turns out ok for the OP. In regards to the community of people on here. I enjoy being part of it, I’m not on here all the time, have prolly only met a couple of y’all in person, but I think I have made some friends here… I guess it’s more of a 21st century pen-pal type relationships with most, but I do enjoy it.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    MedozK said:
    Hate to see stuff like this. Hopefully everything turns out ok for the OP. In regards to the community of people on here. I enjoy being part of it, I’m not on here all the time, have prolly only met a couple of y’all in person, but I think I have made some friends here… I guess it’s more of a 21st century pen-pal type relationships with most, but I do enjoy it.
    Love this statement! So true!
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
    mcgruff10 said:
    well yeah, and I also have social anxiety. even if I knew some of you would be somewhere, I'd avoid it like the plague. or i'd just make sure not to wear one of my 300 Headstones shirts. might be a bit of a giveaway. :lol:
    Ha ha 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    pjl44 said:
    what I think he's getting at is that there is a perception out there and around here among some folks that the whole grail thing is kind of an "elite circle jerk", not necessarily of anyone really "deserving", just a big grift among a group of friends by getting a bunch of others outside the circle to donate to the cause. 

not saying I agree/disagree; I don't care either way. But I've heard that perspective. 
    I never understood why you would chip in money to get someone you've never met an uber valuable trinket but it's a free country.

I could see a group of friends getting together and doing something similar privately. Nice gesture. The public nature of it struck me weird. That one of the beneficiaries was never embarrassed by it.
    First, that people have not met before.  Second, that none of the beneficiaries were embarrassed by it, or at least by the public nature of the community saying thank you for things that were just part of who that person is/how they act.

Do you know either of these assumptions to be true?  (I can say that at least in some instances, they are not.)

My opinion is that it is a kind gesture of people giving, of their own free will, to a fellow fan.

I echo this sentiment. I've even reached out to organizers of the grails before to ask to be notified when more grails would be done. I'm not on any social media so this is my only line of communication to them. But, I never did received further information, so I figured they were no longer a thing. Felt like I contributed a good amount of money into them and occasionally still receive an email surprise from one of the recipients. I also never heard of any drama or "circle jerk" stories about these grails either, but that's probably just lack of social media. It's a beautiful thing.

I've never met anyone on here, but that's not what it's about. Sometimes, it is just enjoyable to know a little something given can really brighten a person's day. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    pjl44 said:

I echo this sentiment. I've even reached out to organizers of the grails before to ask to be notified when more grails would be done. I'm not on any social media so this is my only line of communication to them. But, I never did received further information, so I figured they were no longer a thing. Felt like I contributed a good amount of money into them and occasionally still receive an email surprise from one of the recipients. I also never heard of any drama or "circle jerk" stories about these grails either, but that's probably just lack of social media. It's a beautiful thing.

I've never met anyone on here, but that's not what it's about. Sometimes, it is just enjoyable to know a little something given can really brighten a person's day. 
    I saw the back of you at wrigley. @bbiggs pointed you out.  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

Haha...I guess that means he's due for a grail?  ;)

bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

Well you and I did meet at Wrigley so maybe we both should get a grail.  ;)
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

Agreed!  I'll be eagerly awaiting the "its holy grail time for mcgruff10 and  bbiggs" notification.  LOL

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

Agreed!  I'll be eagerly awaiting the "its holy grail time for mcgruff10 and  bbiggs" notification.  LOL

I believe Mike’s holy grail is the band dedicating a live performance of Dance of the Clairvoyants to him personally. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

I believe Mike’s holy grail is the band dedicating a live performance of Dance of the Clairvoyants to him personally. 
    my vote would have been handwritten lyrics to You Are
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

Absolutely!!! Followed by an extended version of you are!
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

No, no, no...Riot Act front to back at his next show!  Whoever has a direct line to the band, please make this happen to fulfill a lifelong grail wish for McG!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

I’m thinking I will start the ***Official Please Open MSG with Dance of the Clairvoyants for McGruff10*** sometime in late February so the band has plenty of time to see it!

=)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

I'm not sure this reads very well. 🤣🤣 

But hey, you seeing me not seeing you is all the reason I need to contribute to your Scruffy grail. Here's to hoping we can get you the You Are/DotC dedication you crave!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Riot Act for life!!!! Full album show at msg!! Pretty please.  
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Any update Jeremy? 

I'm checking in daily crossing everything that you get your goods. I'm also trying to get an update for you with no luck so far. 

I hear what you say on this happening before also, and does make things so much worse
  • Some of y'all shit on the Holy Grail thing.  No one forced anyone to do it.  I liked the idea because the names of the people I recognize, or have actually met, were doing good in some form on here.

I've never been chosen for one but have been a recipient of 2 behind the scenes things that I was never expecting..  Stuff like that still goes on and I love it when the community gets together.
  • Some of y'all shit on the Holy Grail thing.  No one forced anyone to do it.  I liked the idea because the names of the people I recognize, or have actually met, were doing good in some form on here.

I've never been chosen for one but have been a recipient of 2 behind the scenes things that I was never expecting..  Stuff like that still goes on and I love it when the community gets together.
    Agreed. Never got anything.  Dont need anything  but love being part of goodness.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Some of y'all shit on the Holy Grail thing.  No one forced anyone to do it.  I liked the idea because the names of the people I recognize, or have actually met, were doing good in some form on here.

Exactly. I received a '98 Kansas City poster years ago because of the generosity of many people here. I wasn't expecting it at all & it meant  a lot that people chipped in to get it for me. I enjoy contributing to the grails as well and would contribute long before I ever received one. 

You hit the nail on the head---it's about community. It's not a damn ponzi scheme. Is it possible for people to simply do something nice for others without being judged for it? 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    pdalowsky said:
    Any update Jeremy? 

I'm checking in daily crossing everything that you get your goods. I'm also trying to get an update for you with no luck so far. 

I hear what you say on this happening before also, and does make things so much worse
    Unfortunately nothing new to report
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    mfc2006 said:
    Some of y'all shit on the Holy Grail thing.  No one forced anyone to do it.  I liked the idea because the names of the people I recognize, or have actually met, were doing good in some form on here.

Exactly. I received a '98 Kansas City poster years ago because of the generosity of many people here. I wasn't expecting it at all & it meant  a lot that people chipped in to get it for me. I enjoy contributing to the grails as well and would contribute long before I ever received one. 

You hit the nail on the head---it's about community. It's not a damn ponzi scheme. Is it possible for people to simply do something nice for others without being judged for it? 
    the committee should revoke belinda27s merriweather and give it to tempo.  
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:

What committee? LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

What committee? LOL

I SAW PEARL JAM