2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    So I just double checked to make sure that my MSG tickets were still on my account, which they were. But my Quebec tickets, that I most definitely sold, were also still there? The transfer/sell buttons are grayed out where MSG transfer button is still there. Maybe just a glitch of sorts?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    the foos haven't been to winnipeg in like 13 years. come on. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    So I just double checked to make sure that my MSG tickets were still on my account, which they were. But my Quebec tickets, that I most definitely sold, were also still there? The transfer/sell buttons are grayed out where MSG transfer button is still there. Maybe just a glitch of sorts?
    If you sold those tickets and that person requested a refund, those tickets go back to you.  Happen to me as well. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Wow full EV tour in February.  Guess it wasn't covid holding this up afterall eh..
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    tschav said:
    So with the EV album releasing early Feb, is it too early to place bets on a spring solo/Earthlings tour? :prayer:
    Not a bad guess from a few weeks ago
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited December 2021
    Wow full EV tour in February.  Guess it wasn't covid holding this up afterall eh..
    Hasn’t been for awhile now.  Eddie has been more than ready to go.

But anyway, wish there was a few more on the east coast besides the NYC area.  Should be fun for those who can go.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    D-Rod said:
    If you sold those tickets and that person requested a refund, those tickets go back to you.  Happen to me as well. 
    So I basically I got them for free?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    D-Rod said:
    I think that you will have those in your ticket page even if you sold them. I just checked mine for Ottawa that I sold to a friend (timed face to fan sale) and I still have the info there and it is grayed out like yours. He did not request a refund and still has possession of the tickets with a refund option. 
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    I think that you will have those in your ticket page even if you sold them. I just checked mine for Ottawa that I sold to a friend (timed face to fan sale) and I still have the info there and it is grayed out like yours. He did not request a refund and still has possession of the tickets with a refund option. 
    OK, that makes more sense. I assume if the guy I sold them to (in the fan to fan sale) asked for a refund, they just go back in the pot if/when there is another sale. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    D-Rod said:
    Check your credit card.   I received a notification that the buyer requested a refund and I was charged back for the tickets.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
    edited December 2021
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    OK, that makes more sense. I assume if the guy I sold them to (in the fan to fan sale) asked for a refund, they just go back in the pot if/when there is another sale. 
    No they actually go back to you if the person who bought your tickets asks for a refund. You can get a refund too though. I got an email that my other pair of tickets were returned to me. I got charged the money out of my CC and then had to ask for a refund myself. 

edited December 2021
    Huh. I was never notified that they had been returned so I assume the buyer still has them. 

edit......so, I totally didn't notice that next to the two tickets, in light gray lettering, it says sold. Duh. My bad
    Post edited by CantKeepmedown on
  • logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 452
    FYI, the hold that was in place for a certain venue in TX in March 2022 is now gone and no new hold date(s) is set.
    1993 - Dallas
    1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin
    1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach
    2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco
    2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II
    2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis
    2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton
    2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu
    2008 - MSG I & II
    2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV
    2010 - Kansas City | St Louis
    2011 - PJ20 I & II
    2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC
    2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver
    2022 - OKC
    2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II
    2024* - Seattle I & II
    [80*]
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    edited December 2021
    Crew said:
    joseph33 said:
    If Baltimore gets canceled because of venue renovations,why not honor those who had tickets and open a third date for MSG?
    Not for me. 

Already a 3-4 hour trip from southeast VA.. can't justify doubling our travel time with a teenager in tow.

Bring it back to HAMPTON, VA!! 

Gives them an opportunity to rectify that abysmal poster from last time, at minimum.   ;)

It’s a shame Richmond VA doesn’t have a concert arena, probably my only complaint about living here.

My vote for central VA would be another show in Charlottesville or the Raleigh make up wouldn’t be too far away
    Come on over to Cville. Though I didn't live here or attend the show in '13, would love to have them back at JPJ Arena.

Lived in Raleigh in '16. Had GA tickets for that cancelled show. Sure wish they would finally play there.

What's the deal on Richmond's Coliseum? Isn't there a large scale renovation plan for their old arena?
    Post edited by rhinomagic on
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Crew said:
    joseph33 said:
    If Baltimore gets canceled because of venue renovations,why not honor those who had tickets and open a third date for MSG?
    Not for me. 

Already a 3-4 hour trip from southeast VA.. can't justify doubling our travel time with a teenager in tow.

Gives them an opportunity to rectify that abysmal poster from last time, at minimum.   ;)

It’s a shame Richmond VA doesn’t have a concert arena, probably my only complaint about living here.

My vote for central VA would be another show in Charlottesville or the Raleigh make up wouldn’t be too far away
    Come on over to Cville. Though I didn't live here or attend the show in '13, would love to have them back at JPJ Arena.

Lived in Raleigh in '16. Had GA tickets for that cancelled show. Sure wish they would finally play there.

What's the deal on Richmond's Coliseum? Isn't there a large scale renovation plan for their old arena?

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/10/13/henrico-approves-arena-anchored-greencity-innsbrook-mixed-use-plans/

Looks like a brand new 17,000 seat arena just outside of Richmond is on the way
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332

Believe the last time they were here in Atlantic Canada was 1996? 
    demetrios said:

Bangor is very tempting. Flying home from Amsterdam the day before the show though so sadly will likely pass
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943

demetrios said:

• a5pj said:
    biz999 said:
    Amsterdam moved to July 24 and 25th

So maybe the entire 2020 NA Tour is a go now.  PinkPop is the 18th and they dont need as much equipment for that, since the stage is already setup.  The stage now doesn't have to be anywhere until Berlin on the 21st

Do they use the same stage around the world? You'd think it'd be slightly easier to rent whatever they could (stage, wires) locally, as that'd mean less gear to transport over oceans.

Then again, I know nothing of how such is done. I do know that some fancier setups have a "leapfrog" system where stages get set up weeks in advance. I'm sure Pearl Jam doesn't do this.
    I wouldn't think so, I don't believe they ever had elaborate/unique stage setups (say, like the Stones). I would guess that stage and PA are pretty much always local.
    I was a local stage hand for The Rolling Stones for the Voodoo Lounge Tour in Seattle. They apparently had three exact stage setups because it took about a week to assemble the stage. They had this huge snake that blew fire. It was insane.
    Woah that is insane, would love to see it. But it's crazy when you think they can transition a basketball court to a hockey rink (with ice!) in what 6 hours?

Try about four or five at most. Then again, it's not difficult.

Clean up the trash.
    Remove basketball court and seats.
    Pull up the tiles.
    Put up the rest of the boards and the glass.
    Drop the protective nets.

The ice sits under the protective tiles. All they need to do is drive a Zamboni over it and put down a fresh layered ice or two.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • logan5ive said:
    FYI, the hold that was in place for a certain venue in TX in March 2022 is now gone and no new hold date(s) is set.
    👀 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Earthlings in February, makeup dates in May, Europe in June and July, Ed at Ohana in September. 

Aside from maybe a few ballparks in August or September, I'm not sure I see them adding many more shows in 2022. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    Earthlings in February, makeup dates in May, Europe in June and July, Ed at Ohana in September. 

Aside from maybe a few ballparks in August or September, I'm not sure I see them adding many more shows in 2022. 
    Fall after Ohana will likely be leg 2. I am going to take a guess and say Canada is in November. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

Fall after Ohana will likely be leg 2. I am going to take a guess and say Canada is in November. 
    But it's a whole 'nother year. :(   

• DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    edited December 2021
    tdawe said:
    This is weird considering show was just announced today 

As a bit of political theater I like announcing a show and then immediately canceling it, instead of never announcing it and leaving it to fans to assume you’re avoiding venues governed by hammerheads. 
    This is gonna happen for Nashville and Phoenix probably. Possibly OKC? 

Really like how foos did it. Put the blame in the arena/state/city. 

Next steps are for the sponsors of these stadiums to back out on the naming rights payments. They aren't getting what they are paying for if the place is empty
    Why do you think this will happen for Nashville?  I thought their stated policy is no masks/vax mandates for Preds and whatnot, but it would be up to the event and/or organizer for concerts and such, implying that they could enforce any proof type policy they wanted. Am I understanding that incorrectly?

**Edit** Pasted directly from the website:
    Effective November 13, 2021, guests will no longer be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend Nashville Predators games. The change in protocol will also apply to events held at the venue unless a specific tour or event has its own protocols that differ from the protocols being announced today — Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021. This change comes after significant improvements in Nashville / Davidson County in the metrics that are used by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to measure transmission rates.
    Post edited by DissidentRival74 on
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Yeah, this is a very good point.  I don't think you can all of a sudden make the Arena staff enforce masks and rigorously check all Vax cards and test results.  That's just not going to work, the arena staff will just revert to the standard Preds/Local regulations.   If PJ is expecting more, I don't think they can hold a concert in Nashville.  This is why Foos cancelled their show and blamed the arena.  This really puts a wrench into PJ's planning.  All of us in IL, NY, WA, CA, etc are just expecting mask mandates / vax mandates, but the rest of the country just doesn't work that way.  There is no way TN or Nashville or Bridgestone is going to all of a sudden become very COVID contiencience just because PJ wants that. Not sure how PJ proceeds.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    Wasn’t Jeff quoted as saying “I don’t want to get into a situation of checking 18,000 vax cards every time”. Of course this was back in the early fall (Ohana and SeaHearNow) had checks. I paraphrase but just reminding and contributing to the discussion. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    edited December 2021
    Yeah, this is a very good point.  I don't think you can all of a sudden make the Arena staff enforce masks and rigorously check all Vax cards and test results.  That's just not going to work, the arena staff will just revert to the standard Preds/Local regulations.   If PJ is expecting more, I don't think they can hold a concert in Nashville.  This is why Foos cancelled their show and blamed the arena.  This really puts a wrench into PJ's planning.  All of us in IL, NY, WA, CA, etc are just expecting mask mandates / vax mandates, but the rest of the country just doesn't work that way.  There is no way TN or Nashville or Bridgestone is going to all of a sudden become very COVID contiencience just because PJ wants that. Not sure how PJ proceeds.
    I guess I thought "The change in protocol will also apply to events held at the venue unless a specific tour or event has its own protocols" meant that Bridgestone would abide by Pearl Jam's (or whoever) policy is.  I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not.  I, as well as everyone else, am really looking forward to finally seeing them live next year!!

I"d also add, up to that point, they were requiring mask and proof of vaccinations to attend Preds games, so I don't think it would be too much to re-initate those protocols again if the tour required them.  But who knows? Anyway - just hoping i finally get to see them here in Nashville. 
    Post edited by DissidentRival74 on
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Yeah, this is a very good point.  I don't think you can all of a sudden make the Arena staff enforce masks and rigorously check all Vax cards and test results.  That's just not going to work, the arena staff will just revert to the standard Preds/Local regulations.   If PJ is expecting more, I don't think they can hold a concert in Nashville.  This is why Foos cancelled their show and blamed the arena.  This really puts a wrench into PJ's planning.  All of us in IL, NY, WA, CA, etc are just expecting mask mandates / vax mandates, but the rest of the country just doesn't work that way.  There is no way TN or Nashville or Bridgestone is going to all of a sudden become very COVID contiencience just because PJ wants that. Not sure how PJ proceeds.
    I guess I thought "The change in protocol will also apply to events held at the venue unless a specific tour or event has its own protocols" meant that Bridgestone would abide by Pearl Jam's (or whoever) policy is.  I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not.  I, as well as everyone else, am really looking forward to finally seeing them live next year!!

I"d also add, up to that point, they were requiring mask and proof of vaccinations to attend Preds games, so I don't think it would be too much to re-initate those protocols again if the tour required them.  But who knows? Anyway - just hoping i finally get to see them here in Nashville. 
    Sounds like you live there, so I'm sure you know better than I, but after having just spent a week there visiting the in-laws and visiting very frequently, I'm fearful that the way downtown Nashville is operating (and Bridgestone) won't align with a Pearl Jam show.  I hope to be wrong, continue to have Nashville tickets waiting to be used and will damn well be there if it goes down, assuming I can make the date.

• I was scolded by a lady on staff at the Fox Theater in Atlanta recently over recording a song on my phone since their policy is no recording even though about 5 or so others in my section that I could see were clearly doing the same thing and she said nothing to them. And she did so by coming up to me and tapping my phone screen from over my shoulder to try to get it to stop recording. I actually couldn’t believe how bold she was about it. 

Anyways, that same show I saw two other workers just randomly picking and choosing people to enforce the mask policy with even though so many around were not wearing one. 

It was a very very strange pick and choose based on discretion policy enforcement. By the end of the night 85% werent wearing a mask and most were filming at some point lol.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    Crew said:
    joseph33 said:
    Not for me. 

Richmond VA has the best beer scene is the country IMO

Happy I have relatives there lol
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2