Capitalism Sucks.

Long RedLong Red NY Posts: 185
Wild how expensive the tix are for the Ed solo shows. It's almost comical. Who the hell has an extra $500 laying around for a pair of concert tix? My sweet lord.

Comments

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Long Red said:
    Wild how expensive the tix are for the Ed solo shows. It's almost comical. Who the hell has an extra $500 laying around for a pair of concert tix? My sweet lord.
    Its because we have all been so lucky to save money during this financially prosperous pandemic...lol
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Long RedLong Red NY Posts: 185
    static111 said:
    Long Red said:
    Its because we have all been so lucky to save money during this financially prosperous pandemic...lol
    Ah yes, I forgot about all the money our fabulous government had been sending us on a monthly basis. 
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    edited December 2021
    Maybe this is the cost for being able to have access to almost every album ever for like $10 a month
    Post edited by apirk72 on
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    work harder. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    Long Red said:
    static111 said:
    Long Red said:
    Ah yes, I forgot about all the money our fabulous government had been sending us on a monthly basis. 
    I haven't had that, but for me it's been almost 2+ years since I saw the Stones in Seattle.  That's 2 years of not needing money for Gas/Ferries/Hotels/Tickets for travelling to bigger shows in Vancouver or Seattle.   Money I haven't really been spending.

I guess Covid19 is the tale of two stories.  The people who were fortunate enough to not having their incomes impacted by Covid19, and those who did :(   For me personally, what I used to spend a lot of my disposable income on, hasn't happened in a while.
  • I think $250/ticket (includes fees) is a ton of money. I don't care if you have a lot or barely any. I will be curious to see how people can spin this one.
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    I think many well intended rockstars grow to despise their fanbase and eventually have no problem attempting to profit off them as much as possible. Ed has definitely entered that era of his career.  
    ya, we wont be paying that kind of money to see a show lol....insane. 
    KP_McMinn said:
    work harder. 
    Dad, I told you not to post here!
    Zod said:
    Long Red said:
    static111 said:
    Long Red said:
    I haven't had that, but for me it's been almost 2+ years since I saw the Stones in Seattle.  That's 2 years of not needing money for Gas/Ferries/Hotels/Tickets for travelling to bigger shows in Vancouver or Seattle.   Money I haven't really been spending.

I guess Covid19 is the tale of two stories.  The people who were fortunate enough to not having their incomes impacted by Covid19, and those who did :(   For me personally, what I used to spend a lot of my disposable income on, hasn't happened in a while.
    I def have more money in savings now than I did pre-covid, but that doesn't mean $500 for a pair of concert tix is at all fair.
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,155
    Seriously, this is crazy expensive. Almost makes me not want to go... almost.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    The cost is certainly high. However, that seems to be the going rate for shows right now. I just bought my wife Morgan Wallen (I had to look him up, country guy) tickets yesterday for her and her friend at $250 a pop for pit. Metallica was $200 here in Atlanta.

By no means am I comparing either of the two artists listed above to EV, but the cost is going up for everything and venues are likely forcing there hands to make up for two years of lost revenue.
    Long Red said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    work harder. 
    Dad, I told you not to post here!

lol sorry son, cant let you sound like one of these lefty lunatics under my roof.  Now get to work GDammit! 
    The cost is certainly high. However, that seems to be the going rate for shows right now. I just bought my wife Morgan Wallen (I had to look him up, country guy) tickets yesterday for her and her friend at $250 a pop for pit. Metallica was $200 here in Atlanta.

By no means am I comparing either of the two artists listed above to EV, but the cost is going up for everything and venues are likely forcing there hands to make up for two years of lost revenue.
    Morgan Wallen never (insert decades worth of EV publicly judging other artists for their capitalistic ways, badmouthing corporations, fighting ticket fees, wrote a song about the haves like last week ffs, etc).

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    DP13 said:

Morgan Wallen never (insert decades worth of EV publicly judging other artists for their capitalistic ways, badmouthing corporations, fighting ticket fees, wrote a song about the haves like last week ffs, etc).

Very solid point. Can't argue with you there hahaha. 

• kaw753kaw753 Posts: 737
    Maybe they are planning a lot of pyro and lasers?
  • Good thing they make the tickets non-transferable! We don’t want the scalpers to charge an exhorbent amount… 🤣
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    Playing The Haves at these shows will be pretty comical.  These prices are nuts, even with the Earthlings in tow.  Sorry, but Ed is not McCartney, The Stones, etc.  Hopefully the rest of the band still has a say on Pearl Jam ticket prices, as they've done a great job keeping them reasonably priced to this point, in my opinion.  Ed solo, on the other hand, seems to be going a different direction.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 427
    Hope EV never sings Green Disease again, the hypocrisy is comical 
  • bbiggs said:
    Playing The Haves at these shows will be pretty comical.  These prices are nuts, even with the Earthlings in tow.  Sorry, but Ed is not McCartney, The Stones, etc.  Hopefully the rest of the band still has a say on Pearl Jam ticket prices, as they've done a great job keeping them reasonably priced to this point, in my opinion.  Ed solo, on the other hand, seems to be going a different direction.
    Exactly... I'm paying $180 to see Tool in February which is a lot I know, but at least I know what I'm getting, and I'm not convinced this isn't their last go around... $200+ for Eddie & the Earthlings supporting an album I haven't heard yet is more than a bit much. 
    edited December 2021
    JBob87 said:
    Post edited by DP13 on
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,756
    After seeing The Earthlings 3x at Ohana (sound check/private show, stand-in headliners for KoL on Friday, headline Saturday), likely going for a good single ticket or bust. They sound great together, the Flag Day songs are fantastic live, and wouldn't be bad to hear more from the new album. Bonus if Glen's opening, even if I'll be seeing him separately a month later.

Prices are high, but given the one Chicago show to cover everything between the coasts, I'm hopeful that the 10c/Verified Fan approach works in our favor vs a general sale and buying on StubHub, etc.
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 567
    DP13 said:
    JBob87 said:
    Dude sang Satan's Bed after marrying a model, I'm sure he'll manage.  
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    apirk72 said:
    Maybe this is the cost for being able to have access to almost every album ever for like $10 a month

Yup.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,461
    Asking people to pay these types of prices while people are still holding on to tickets for a PJ tour that still hasn't been rescheduled yet...not cool.
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    I’m flying to Nebraska to see Tool with my buddy (he lives out there) and my airfare from NY ($275) and our two tickets ($111 each) is literally almost the same cost as staying in NY and seeing Eddie. Definitely pricey but I’m sure it will sell out in minutes. I just won’t be seeing him this time around. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    edited December 2021
    EV

• Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,073
    I mean, he has an all star band to pay as well. They ain’t playing for free. 
  • I mean, he has an all star band to pay as well. They ain’t playing for free. 
    So? It's a lot more than any PJ show has ever been. 
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    in the past yeah but going forward probably not.  They will be cheaper because they play sheds, arenas and stadiums though but not much, especially the best tickets