I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• The Prisoner Blue Note Tone Poet SeriesMy Point of View
    The All Seeing Eye Blue Note Tone Poet Series

Blue Note Tone Poet Series.
  • Limited press of 1500 analog Japanese pressing.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• RSD haul.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Grabbed the Horace Silver and Art Blakey classic series releases and got Bass On Top tone poet.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

RSD haul.

A Larry Coryell I don't have (yet, lol)!
    How do you like it?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I picked up the Jason Isbell Georgia Blue release today. I went to the record store an hour after they opened up and the RSD crowd had already left. 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Limited press of 1500 analog Japanese pressing.
    Ordered this as well. Very expensive but these will be snapped up quick.Not getting too excited until it arrives. My order said it cant be cancelled so at least that is something.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    pjpjpaul said:
    Grabbed the Horace Silver and Art Blakey classic series releases and got Bass On Top tone poet.
    Bass on Top is fantastic.  You'll really enjoy it. 
    Anyone else feel in proportion to regular studio albums that live albums are taking over their record collection. 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Charles Mingus- Mingus (x5) and The Black Saint and The Sinner Lady (acoustic sound series 33rpm)
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • FR181798 said:
    Ordered this as well. Very expensive but these will be snapped up quick.Not getting too excited until it arrives. My order said it cant be cancelled so at least that is something.
    Where did you order this from?
    FR181798 said:
    Where did you order this from?
    Its only going to be sold in Japan. Most places seem to be sold out of their allocation. I went with Amazon.co.jp People have been buying from Tower and HMV in Japan as well.
    Got my Sonny Rollins, Saxophone Colossus in the mail today from the Craft Recordings sale a few weeks back. Excited to see STEVE HOFFMAN / KEVIN GRAY scratched out in the runout. So now I can A/B this DCC (1995) cut with the newer Kevin Gray cut from 2017.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    Got my Sonny Rollins, Saxophone Colossus in the mail today from the Craft Recordings sale a few weeks back. Excited to see STEVE HOFFMAN / KEVIN GRAY scratched out in the runout. So now I can A/B this DCC (1995) cut with the newer Kevin Gray cut from 2017.
    Hmm. Mine is the 2011 by KG and SH like your new one.  Is the 2017 a different mix? Would he master the same twice in 6 years?
    edited November 2021
    Just in, the soul brothers (literally brothers) of proto-punk.. Death!

Death (8) ‎– ...For The Whole World To See

Genre:
    Style:
    Year:

Later... just listened to the whole thing.  Hot damn!  This is one cool record!!!
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Hmm. Mine is the 2011 by KG and SH like your new one.  Is the 2017 a different mix? Would he master the same twice in 6 years?
    Yes he cut the 2017, the 2011 is a repress of the 1995. So more like 22 years apart.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,599
    brianlux said:

Genre:
    Style:
    Year:

Later... just listened to the whole thing.  Hot damn!  This is one cool record!!!
    Wish we were neighbors. "Hey can I borrow a cup of sugar and that death record?"
    Honestly I'd never borrow anyone's records. Too afraid to mess em up.
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:

Genre:
    Style:
    Year:

Wish we were neighbors. "Hey can I borrow a cup of sugar and that death record?"
    Honestly I'd never borrow anyone's records. Too afraid to mess em up.

LOL,  oh, I don't know... for you Lou, I just might!  Or at least say just come on over and give it a listen!
    I really think you would like this record.  It's great!  It rocks
    FREAKIN' OUT!  :smiley:

• brianlux said:

Genre:
    Style:
    Year:

I only know of the band Death as a full on metal band.  Did not know there was another one out there, lol!
    edited November 2021
    brianlux said:

Genre:
    Style:
    Year:

I only know of the band Death as a full on metal band.  Did not know there was another one out there, lol!

Check it out, my friend.  These guys rocked hard! 

And this one- kind reminds me of Bad Brains!

Post edited by brianlux on

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    received today from my brother.

Kyuss

Blues for the Red Sun

Welcome To Sky Valley
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Just ordered the maetaliclub vinyl.

Last day to order it BTW...

Also early Bird Daves Picks is up in the Dead site too.
    edited November 2021
    @brianlux you should pick this up (if the shipping cost isn't insane). It's Sloan, a Canadian band that I'd best describe as a 1990's canadian version of the Beatles (all 4 guys write, sing, play each others' instruments, even during the live show, etc). But they put out this mostly-covers album of hardcore/punk songs (and two originals). it's limited to 1200 copies. 

https://shop.kt8merch.com/products/sloan-this-ones-an-original-limited-edition-lp
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

@brianlux you should pick this up (if the shipping cost isn't insane). It's Sloan, a Canadian band that I'd best describe as a 1990's canadian version of the Beatles (all 4 guys write, sing, play each others' instruments, even during the live show, etc). But they put out this mostly-covers album of hardcore/punk songs (and two originals). it's limited to 1200 copies. 

https://shop.kt8merch.com/products/sloan-this-ones-an-original-limited-edition-lp

Hey, thanks for the heads up.  Good band but maybe a little to Bealtesque for my tastes these days.  I think I'd rather the limited copies go to fans, but thanks for letting me know about it!

but this album isn't beatlesque at all. it's all hardcore punk. given what you posted about death and bad brains, I thought you'd dig it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

but this album isn't beatlesque at all. it's all hardcore punk. given what you posted about death and bad brains, I thought you'd dig it. 

I would love to sample some of it before laying out the cash.  Could not find a link to any of the song, but if you have one, I would definitely check it out!

edited November 2021
    brianlux said:

I would love to sample some of it before laying out the cash.  Could not find a link to any of the song, but if you have one, I would definitely check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6nQ973uNAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIcMYpLIeW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBqXxIB6Bk

this one is live, but the studio version is on the record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sslkvBEAqaY
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6nQ973uNAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIcMYpLIeW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBqXxIB6Bk

this one is live, but the studio version is on the record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sslkvBEAqaY

Definitely not Beatlesque!  Pretty cool, thanks!