GOP

Comments

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Oh boy.. Kyle Rittenhouse acquitted.  What will Hannity and Tucker be mad about tonight?  Jesus, there will be a huge gap in outrage programming now.  I'm sure they'll figure something out though.
    Kamala  destroyed the country

They would have never come to a not guilty verdict if Biden was conscious.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Oh boy.. Kyle Rittenhouse acquitted.  What will Hannity and Tucker be mad about tonight?  Jesus, there will be a huge gap in outrage programming now.  I'm sure they'll figure something out though.

Yes,  all verdicts are Biden's responsibly.  He should have had a political rally and made his grievances known on the topic.  How can we have blind justice unless we politicize it. Makes no sense. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Tune in to Joy Reid. She’s the Tucker of CNN. 
    I never watch a minute of cable news. 

Or any news for that matter. 
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes,  all verdicts are Biden's responsibly.  He should have had a political rally and made his grievances known on the topic.  How can we have blind justice unless we politicize it. Makes no sense. 
    lol
    Scio me nihil scire

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Smart. 
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

How are you so informed?
    Scio me nihil scire

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

what is cable?

pulled the plug 20 years ago
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

How are you so informed?
    The Joe Rogan Experience
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

How are you so informed?

reads, apparently.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

How are you so informed?
    If that's a serious question..

I read only. No TV or podcasts. 

Oh yeah.  And memes... lots of memes
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    I've heard about people who read. I assumed it was urban legend.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    OnWis97 said:

Ahem (cough cough)

:lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    so i guess gaetz is going to offer rittenhouse that job as an intern now, right?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    so i guess gaetz is going to offer rittenhouse that job as an intern now, right?

of course. he needs a new source of teenage girls......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    "hey everyone, this is my new *heh hem* SON, Kyle!". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

How are you so informed?
    If that's a serious question..

I read only. No TV or podcasts. 

Oh yeah.  And memes... lots of memes
    i was hoping for a funny answer...like maybe just leaving out the other stuff and just leaving the memes part.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

How are you so informed?
    The Joe Rogan Experience
    This is exactly the kind of answer i was looking for. thanks
    Scio me nihil scire

OnWis97 said:
    No its just black magic and the devils work.
    Scio me nihil scire

A MAGA squad of Trump loyalists sees its influence grow amid demands for political purity among Republicans

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/greene-boebert-gosar-gaetz/2021/11/20/c77dc78a-47dd-11ec-973c-be864f938c72_story.html

A MAGA squad of Trump loyalists sees its influence grow amid demands for political purity among Republicans
    By Jacqueline Alemany, Marianna Sotomayor and Josh Dawsey
    November 21 at 6:00 AM EST
    The show of force from Donald Trump’s staunchest congressional allies began almost immediately after 13 House Republicans voted this month in favor of a massive infrastructure bill that handed President Biden one of the biggest victories of his tenure.
    “Traitor Republicans,” Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) declared in a series of tweets where she posted their office phone numbers after vowing that all those in her party who “hand over their voting card to Nancy Pelosi to pass Biden’s Communist takeover of America will feel the anger of the GOP voter.”
    Others chimed in. Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) promised to “primary the hell” out of any Republican who voted for the measure.
    Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) tweeted it was “Time to name names and hold these fake republicans accountable.” And, this past week, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) told a pro-Trump podcast that there was never a situation during the infrastructure debate in which Republicans should work with Democrats: “They were going to win it all, or we were going to win it all.”
    [Tensions rise among Republicans over infrastructure bill and whether any agreement with Biden should be tolerated]
    The continuing turmoil in the House GOP conference over how and whether to punish members who back anything supported by Democrats shows how an emboldened group of far-right House members is gaining influence over the Republican Party in Congress. These representatives are positioning themselves to further purify the House GOP conference as a branch of Trump’s “Make America Great Again” movement.
    This MAGA squad consists largely of a handful of recently elected members and others who lack the traditional trappings of power such as committee chairmanships or leadership posts. But they have rocketed to fame — especially on the political right — with massive social media followings, frequent appearances on pro-Trump media and growing fundraising networks that get a boost with every provocative tweet or TV hit.
    Most of all, they enjoy support from former president Donald Trump, the most popular figure in the Republican Party, who praises them at rallies and echoes their incendiary rhetoric.
    They have gained strength with the acquiescence of House GOP leaders who have either backed their positions or remained mostly silent when others in the party have raised objections to their approach. And they are asserting their influence as polls suggest the Republicans are on track to win control of the House next year, giving them a potentially decisive say in whether House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) becomes speaker.
    Besides targeting the Republicans who backed the infrastructure bill — unleashing a wave of threatening calls placed to the offices of the 13 — these lawmakers in recent weeks have led the charge to recast the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol and the effort to overturn the 2020 election results as defiant acts by patriots, not insurrectionists; oppose mask mandates in the House; and they have defended Rep. Paul A. Gosar (R-Ariz.) for posting an altered anime video that depicted him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and swinging two swords at Biden.

continues....

Tough day for neo-nazis everywhere.  25 million in damages won't be easy to shake off. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/11/23/charlottesville-verdict-live-updates/

Trump-backed Parnell loses custody battle, suspends campaign
    By MARC LEVY
    Yesterday

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Sean Parnell, the candidate endorsed by former President Donald Trump for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania, on Monday suspended his campaign after he lost a court fight over custody of his three children in which the judge said he believed allegations of abuse by Parnell’s estranged wife.

In a statement, Parnell said he was devastated by the judge's decision, and planned to ask the judge to reconsider, but that he cannot continue his campaign.

The high-stakes campaign in the battleground state could help determine control of the U.S. Senate in next year’s election.

The decision by a judge in Butler County came two weeks after Parnell took the stand to deny allegations by his estranged wife that he had hurt her and the children.

The judge, James Arner, wrote in an order Monday that Parnell's estranged wife, Laurie Snell, will have sole legal custody of the school-age children, as well as primary physical custody. Parnell will have physical custody on three weekends per month, Arner wrote.

Snell was “the more credible witness,” Arner summed up in his 16-page opinion, saying she could remember and describe details in a convincing manner.

Pennsylvania’s Senate seat is opening up with the retirement of two-term Republican Sen. Pat Toomey, and both Republicans and Democrats have a big field of candidates in the politically divided state.

Parnell's withdrawal comes as many in the state Republican Party remain undecided about their field, which includes conservative commentator Kathy Barnette, real estate investor Jeff Bartos and Carla Sands, Trump’s ambassador to Denmark.

Also swirling is a suggestion from Mehmet Oz — the cardiac surgeon and longtime host of TV’s “Dr. Oz Show” who gained fame as a protege of Oprah Winfrey — that he is being encouraged to enter the Republican primary.

Parnell's withdrawal represents a major blow to Trump, who had enthusiastically endorsed Parnell in September with the encouragement of his eldest son.

Trump spokesperson Taylor Budowich said Trump and Parnell spoke before Parnell’s announcement and that Parnell informed Trump of his intention to suspend his campaign, given the decision.

He said on Twitter that the Pennsylvania Senate race “remains a top priority” for the former president and that “rallying our movement behind the best America 1st candidate remains critical.”

Parnell’s candidacy was a constant presence in the custody case, with the judge noting in his opinion that Parnell argued that Snell “is motivated to embarrass him in public and damage his political career,” while Snell argued that Parnell “is motivated to preserve a public image and his political career.”

Snell testified about enduring years of rage and abuse from Parnell, including once when he choked her so hard she had to bite him to get free and another time when he slapped one of their children hard enough to leave welts through the back of the child’s shirt.

Parnell's testimony, rather, he found “less credible," saying Parnell was “somewhat evasive" and simply denied Snell's allegations.

“Upon consideration of the credible evidence, I find that Sean Parnell did commit some acts of abuse in the past” against Snell, Arner wrote. He also believed that Parnell slapped the child, as Snell testified, Arner wrote.

But, he wrote, Snell having agreed previously that Parnell can have substantial periods of unsupervised custody indicates that she does not view him as posing harm to the children, Arner wrote.

Snell's lawyer, Jen Gilliland Vanasdale, said Snell “is grateful that justice prevailed.”

Testifying under oath on Nov. 8, Parnell denied Snell's allegations, saying he had never choked her or pinned her down, and never struck one of their children in a fit of rage.

Snell and Parnell have been living apart for at least three years, but had split custody of their children evenly.

Parnell’s history with his wife became a subject in the Republican primary campaign, days after Trump's endorsement.

Parnell, a decorated former Army Ranger who led a platoon in Afghanistan, penned a memoir of his service, which became a New York Times bestseller. He also has written four action novels, and emerged as a regular guest on Fox News programs before running for Congress last year and landing a coveted speaking slot at the Republican National Convention.

Trump's endorsement came in early September, as Parnell was an in-demand guest on cable TV and conservative podcasts to discuss the Taliban's seizing control of Afghanistan ahead of the withdrawal of American forces.

Even amid headlines about the custody case, Trump had backed up his support for Parnell by scheduling a fundraiser with Donald Trump Jr. on Jan. 25 at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida.

Trump allies have privately warned that his haphazard endorsement process — often driven more by a thirst for revenge or flattery than strategic considerations about who is best positioned to win a general election — could create headaches for him down the line.

Trump takes great pride in his endorsement record, seeing it as a proxy of his political strength, and some aides have counseled him to be more judicious in his picks.

In addition to Parnell, Trump has endorsed several other candidates who have faced allegations of assaulting women, including former White House staffer Max Miller. Miller has denied the charges.

___

Associated Press writer Jill Colvin in New York contributed to this report. Follow Marc Levy on Twitter at https://twitter.com/timelywriter.

• Why are they posing with unloaded weapons? Being “responsible?”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Surprise surprise a republican being a loud and proud racist piece of shit... 

Idaho Republican Melts Down Over Year-Old Hershey's Ad With Black Family.
     Robert J. Dole, longtime GOP leader who sought presidency 3 times, dies at 98

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/bob-dole-dead/2021/12/05/3b90ed00-0e55-11e6-8ab8-9ad050f76d7d_story.html

good lord. how do these people not read the room in 2021?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    mickeyrat said:
     Robert J. Dole, longtime GOP leader who sought presidency 3 times, dies at 98

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/bob-dole-dead/2021/12/05/3b90ed00-0e55-11e6-8ab8-9ad050f76d7d_story.html

Will always respect his WW2 service.   I found it very touching when he wanted to stand up to salute the first Bush at his funeral a few years ago.  
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450

I hope it ruined her entire night of TV watching to know that black families have the right to eat candy too.