The Golf Thread

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Apparently the PGA is banning fans from yelling "Brooksie" at Bryson. I'm fine with that for two reasons. First off, it's so beyond douchey. When I was at the BMW this weekend, there were bros yelling it and I had to explain to my friend what it meant. He couldn't help but laugh about a golf feud between two douchebags and fans trolling one of the golfers with the other golfer's name (Jesus, it feels even dumber when I type it out like that). 

The second reason I'm fine with it, is it led to this tremendous tweet from James Hahn....

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Oh man you know Bryson was whining to the commissioner about it and that's why it's the new rule.  While we're at it, can we throw out all the jerkoffs who yell "it's in the hole" after every shot???
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I'd imagine this will just make this problem for Bryson worse. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I dont reeeally have a problem with it.  It clearly came from that tool's camp.  But for one, it is literally the least creative and unfunny heckle in the history of sports.  I also don't think heckling has much of a place in golf.  It's so much different from other sports with how close contact fans come with players, I don't think fans should be allowed to try to impact the game by throwing people off by being overly negative.
  • I would find it annoying as a fan at the tournament if I had to hear some drunk idiots yelling at a player.  So all for this.

It is a different story when talking about team sports and home court advantage.  
    Low to mid 70's and no humidity this weekend means your Juggler has two rounds set up in the next two days. 

Giddy up, motherfuckers...it's golf weather. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Low to mid 70's and no humidity this weekend means your Juggler has two rounds set up in the next two days. 

27 tomorrow,  18 Monday.  Weather finally broke here too.
    mrussel1 said:

27 tomorrow,  18 Monday.  Weather finally broke here too.
    God bless America. Enjoy it
    chinese-happy.jpg

Same here in Chicago this weekend.  Playing 18 Saturday and may try to sneak in another 9 on Sunday.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I'm at the point now where I enjoy watching Bryson lose like that almost as much as I enjoy watching the Cowboys lose. Bryson is an enormous douchebag and I hate him, but he's good for golf. The sport needed a villain people enjoy rooting against. Gonna be a little weird at the Ryder Cup I guess...
    Love Bryson; love the Cowboys! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Do you any of you have a synthetic putting green in your backyard?

chinese-happy.jpg
    Nope, but I did play one of the worst rounds I can remember playing on Friday. 55 on the front, stopped keeping score on 12 or 13.  Literally 5 decent shots maybe?

Haven't played in a while, but coming off one of the better rounds I remember playing.

So I drank. Was fun.
  • All I think about is Bandon Dunes.  It is getting ridiculous.  You gotta go if you have never been. 
  • Me too man.  It's like a disease, without any cure.  But in a good way.  Haha!   Already working on what angle I should take with my wife to let me plan another trip there.  I did mention to her that we should move there and get jobs at the resort.  They're hiring!
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    Live from went from must watch to complete garbage. You couldn’t hand pick two people less likable 
    edited September 2021
    Buddy from college is heading out for Friday's matches. Lucky bastard
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Got to play the course in July.  Had most of the grandstands up. Was a tough course.  I wasn’t the biggest fan because in my opinion the “sandy areas” led to some unplayable lies.  I had at least four shots that I had to pick up because they were unplayable.  My fault for being off the fairway but frustrating when your playing partners are spraying it too but getting much better lies.  Seems like luck comes into it too much.  

Would love to play it again though but not for $500  if I can’t drive it better. 
    Wish I was able to go this weekend with it being only 3 hours away.  Was out of town last weekend for my annual golf trip so hard to pull off the back to back weekends.  On paper the US should dominate but we know that's never how it goes.  Love how young the US team is...not 1 guy over 40.  The golf media is salivating at the Brooks/Bryson stuff but that's just way overblown at this point. 
    Let’s go!
  • This will.be epic
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • That opening game is fire. Pure fire
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    That heart rate monitor on the first tee for poulter was awesome. 
  • We didnt see that here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

We didnt see that here
    Was at like 110 during his practice swings then jumped up to 130 standing over the ball and hit a perfect drive.
    Rahm and Sergio are going to be tough to beat this weekend.  Best player in the world and one of the best Ryder Cup players of all time.
    And yeah....Xander/Cantlay need to play all 4 matches Fri-Sat.  Wow!
    Why can they not just show the scores constantly on the bottom or right hand of the screen or something? Tough to follow when I'm just glancing up from doing work and stuff. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Xanders iron play is top class
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Xanders iron play is top class
    JT's is not.  I watched a few holes in layover and he sucked. 
    Good start. Though the start obviously hasn’t been the issue