PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Whoa
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Uhhhh

😆 was just gonna post this. Saw a few people post it on Facebook.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Uhhhh

😆 was just gonna post this. Saw a few people post it on Facebook.
    http://www.brianphickey.com/the-guy-who-dove-into-the-vine-street-canal-lives-to-tell-his-legendary-tale/#.YTJe7iX3YlQ
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    "Time keeps moving faster"

What a fucking idiot...  :lol: 
    The phish quote takes it home for me
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    still don't know who the fuck Matt Vierling is.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    still don't know who the fuck Matt Vierling is.
    Baseball player. I think. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    You guys.

M. M. J. Is. TOMORROW.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Yep yep. If anyone wants two lawn tix for face let me know!
    I just came to that realization this morning. With the long weekend, it just snuck up on me. Supposed to be stormy tomorrow afternoon. I think the last time I saw them at the Mann there were huge thunderstorms that rolled through while they were performing .
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    edited September 2021
    I just came to that realization this morning. With the long weekend, it just snuck up on me. Supposed to be stormy tomorrow afternoon. I think the last time I saw them at the Mann there were huge thunderstorms that rolled through while they were performing .

oh yeah, forgot about that! that was like 10 years ago. Luckily i was in the lawn when it rained.

Go Phills! Also didn't know Steve Bedrosian's son, Cam, pitched for us. Guess they just got him?
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

oh yeah, forgot about that! that was like 10 years ago. Luckily i was in the lawn when it rained.

Go Phills! Also didn't know Steve Bedrosian's son, Cam, pitched for us. Guess they just got him?
    BEDROCK JR! His dad won the cy young with 37 saves. Crazy
    chinese-happy.jpg
    1987 - the overvaluing of closers was just getting started. That team sucked and the guy who pitched 37 9th innings gets the Cy Young.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    This is why you don't get too excited over games like yesterday. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This is why you don't get too excited over games like yesterday. 
    Another stellar outing by Nola...
    Well I don’t think Ed’s gonna forget any lyrics to this one. Lol. I like though. Simple. Kinda like a Petty tune
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Well I don’t think Ed’s gonna forget any lyrics to this one. Lol. I like though. Simple. Kinda like a Petty tune
    Haha. Yeah, I'm not gonna shit on this one even though part of me wants to, lol. But overall I like it. A mesh of Petty meets War on Drugs.
    Haha. Yeah, I'm not gonna shit on this one even though part of me wants to, lol. But overall I like it. A mesh of Petty meets War on Drugs.

Didn't even listen yet.  Gotta say I am so totally underwhelmed by the music they've provided lately that I am in no hurry to.
    Sure I will check it out at some point.
    Did listen to both Go and Corduroy this morning, though.  Rocked the fuck out.
    edited September 2021

Didn't even listen yet.  Gotta say I am so totally underwhelmed by the music they've provided lately that I am in no hurry to.
    There is a new Vedder song out and you listened to Go? lol....come on man.

Yeah I do hear a little WOD in there too. The guitar parts. Benmont Tench is the organist which helps with the Pettyness feel to it
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

There is a new Vedder song out and you listened to Go? lol....come on man.

Yeah I do hear a little WOD in there too. The guitar parts. Benmont Tench is the organist which helps with the Pettyness feel to it

OK, you are right - I will reserve judgement on which song I should be listening to until I listen to this new song.
    :lol:  
    brb...
    OK, I will take the long way around to hearing that again.  It is a pleasant song, very much sounding like (as everyone says) Tom Petty tribute song, and probably a nice song to listen to while on a car ride or while having tea on a Sunday morning, reading up on sports from Saturday while awaiting NFL to start.
    I do not dislike it.

Given the choice to listen to The Long Way or Go I will listen to Go three or four times in a row before mixing in a play of The Long Way.   
    I'm just a rocker.  The sleepy tunes need to dig their way in to push other listening choices aside - and with the lack of live Pearl Jam it could be a while before I grow to love these new tunes.

I am not a hater.  I liked Backspacer and LB.  I like most of what they have done.  Recent stuff needs to be seen live, I suspect, for me to really dig it.  Right now it is all pretty underwhelming/boring.
    I'd rather listen to something rocking.
    Did you not find Quick Escape to be RAWKING?

The first four songs are OK, I actually like Who Ever Said the most.  Quick Escape I just am not a big fan of the lyrics but I do like the song.
    After those four I fall asleep every time.  :lol:

The first four songs are OK, I actually like Who Ever Said the most.  Quick Escape I just am not a big fan of the lyrics but I do like the song.
    You love their two worst albums. Your opinion is moo. Lol. Just kidding man. To each their own!
    chinese-happy.jpg

And I am on mother f'ing vacation this week. GOD DAMMIT

You love their two worst albums. Your opinion is moo. Lol. Just kidding man. To each their own!
    Moo!
    :lol:.    

Moo!

It's like a cow's opinion. Doesn't mean anything. It's moo.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Moo!

It's like a cow's opinion. Doesn't mean anything. It's moo.

Totally understood.  No explanation needed.

Is anyone else not able to transfer tickets via the ticketmaster app for this show tonight? The option is grayed out for me
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

And I am on mother f'ing vacation this week. GOD DAMMIT
    woah. might have to check that one out.