Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Great work everyone. You all are really bringing it. Good luck with all the races coming up. Today I finally ran outside after being on the treadmill the last few weeks. It was nice being out there again. Such a different feeling from the treadmill. In some ways harder, in other ways easier. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    GlowGirl said:
    Great work everyone. You all are really bringing it. Good luck with all the races coming up. Today I finally ran outside after being on the treadmill the last few weeks. It was nice being out there again. Such a different feeling from the treadmill. In some ways harder, in other ways easier. 
    How is the neighborhood, GG?  
    Things back to normal?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    GlowGirl said:
    How is the neighborhood, GG?  
    Things back to normal?
    My neighborhood didn’t really get hit too hard. We didn’t have flooding that I heard about. The path along the East River was dry. But I know some areas got hit really hard. I feel bad for those who were affected. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Good to hear and yes, certainly agree.
  • Must be getting excited, already, for next weekend!

Went 20 miles this morning.  Felt strong, had to back myself down a bunch in the first half and was able to make my last mile my fastest.
    My muscles are screaming at me now, lol.  Will get some hot tub time in.
    Moving up this next week's schedule a day, will do my long run this coming week on Friday, 22 miles, so that I can travel to VT and participate in the 5k charity event on Sunday.  Looking forward that.

Not hot today, which was amazing.
    Fantastic, what mileage do you plan to get up to training-wise?
    beano.79 said:
    Must be getting excited, already, for next weekend!

Went 20 miles this morning.  Felt strong, had to back myself down a bunch in the first half and was able to make my last mile my fastest.
    Moving up this next week's schedule a day, will do my long run this coming week on Friday, 22 miles, so that I can travel to VT and participate in the 5k charity event on Sunday.  Looking forward that.

I will run a 26 at some point I think as the highest trainer.

• beano.79 said:

Awesome! Do you have an official event or just going to go solo to get your target goal?

I just did my last run. Nice and easy for an hour or so. Now just 4 days at work to navigate and we travel up on Friday. Ready for a Saturday morning start
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:

Awesome! Do you have an official event or just going to go solo to get your target goal?

I just did my last run. Nice and easy for an hour or so. Now just 4 days at work to navigate and we travel up on Friday. Ready for a Saturday morning start
    Awesome.  Do you camp out Friday or hotel it?

The 50K is an event.  It is mixed with a relay event, which can see up to a five person team complete the 50k and then the runners who will complete themselves.  
    https://calendar.ultrarunning.com/event/schuylkill-river-relay-50k

Looking forward to doing as part of an event.  The only part I'm not looking forward to is the bathroom situation.  I am pretty sure I will need a bathroom stop.  Hoping the people in front of me don't ruin them.  

Events upcoming....5k charity run next weekend in Vermont, the 50k in October, a 10k in Philly in early November, and then the Philadelphia Marathon just before Thanksgiving.
    Then....I can rest.

I see the RH100 has a max of 150 runners.  Do you expect it to be reached?  Do you have to apply or go through a lottery, if so?

Excited to hear how things go for you guys.
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:

Nice. I can’t believe it is so close. What a great adventure. I can’t wait to hear how it all went. 
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:

The 50K is an event.  It is mixed with a relay event, which can see up to a five person team complete the 50k and then the runners who will complete themselves.  

Looking forward to doing as part of an event.  The only part I'm not looking forward to is the bathroom situation.  I am pretty sure I will need a bathroom stop.  Hoping the people in front of me don't ruin them.  

Events upcoming....5k charity run next weekend in Vermont, the 50k in October, a 10k in Philly in early November, and then the Philadelphia Marathon just before Thanksgiving.
    Then....I can rest.

Wow. I am tired just reading all this. I haven’t done an official run in about 2 years. If they hold it next year I will do the 5k for pancreatic cancer in honor of my brother-in-law. But that won’t be until next summer. My sister runs a 10k every Thanksgiving. She has invited me in the past. Maybe I will do it this year if it happens. Good luck with all of your upcoming events. They sound awesome!!!
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:

Then....I can rest.

Wow. I am tired just reading all this. I haven’t done an official run in about 2 years. If they hold it next year I will do the 5k for pancreatic cancer in honor of my brother-in-law. But that won’t be until next summer. My sister runs a 10k every Thanksgiving. She has invited me in the past. Maybe I will do it this year if it happens. Good luck with all of your upcoming events. They sound awesome!!!
    Thanks.  6 miles is your normal long run, now, right?  Running a 10 k would be a nice way to start the day before gorging with family.  :). You should go for it!

• I see the RH100 has a max of 150 runners.  Do you expect it to be reached?  Do you have to apply or go through a lottery, if so?

Excited to hear how things go for you guys.
    You sound busy!! 👍

Hotel for Friday. Get a good meal and a good sleep... Maybe a Guinness. 

I think right now it's at about 90 people so it isn't full.... Clearly not enough weirdos with the desire to run 100 miles 😂 no ballot just first come first served. It's run by Hobopace which is run by a guy called Ronnie who is a fairly reputable ultra running coach. 
  • beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:

Then....I can rest.

Oh... And the toilet situation... Don ultra runners shit in the woods? They just may well.... Baby wipes are part of my kit 🤷🏼‍♂️
    I think the course is a public path but good advice, I will add that to what I carry!
  • I think the course is a public path but good advice, I will add that to what I carry!
    Just to be clear I don't advise crapping on a public path 😂😂
    I will think of you when I get arrested for pooping in public.  :lol:
    edited September 2021
    22 miles in this AM
    Cramped up some down the stretch....not a horrible run but not great.  Have some decent pain in right ankle and quad.  Lovely!  :lol:. Gonna enjoy only running the 5k race between now and Monday AM.

Hope you are on your way or already at hotel @beano.79 - and settle in well tonight in time to have that pint and be ready to go.
    Be thinking of you guys making a go at this -. I know you will kill it!

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    22 miles in this AM
    Cramped up some down the stretch....not a horrible run but not great.  Have some decent pain in right ankle and quad.  Lovely!  :lol:. Gonna enjoy only running the 5k race between now and Monday AM.

Hope you are on your way or already at hotel @beano.79 - and settle in well tonight in time to have that pint and be ready to go.
    Be thinking of you guys making a go at this -. I know you will kill it!

Excellent work this morning. The 5k is a good break from all your long distances and should feel like a breeze for you. I hope your ankle and quads don’t give you too much trouble. Good luck. 

I second your good wishes to beano. I can’t wait to hear how it goes. What an adventure!!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Am also sending positive vibes to beano!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Thanks guys! Dinner and a Guinness done. Time for some sleep. 8am UK time race start.
    Awesome!
    beano.79 said:
    Thanks guys! Dinner and a Guinness done. Time for some sleep. 8am UK time race start.
    I am getting excited for you. Have fun :bee:

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I’m sending positive sleep vibes to beano  right now :lol:  

I know if it were me I would not be able to sleep. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • https://track.trail.live/event/rh100

Race number 7 

30 mins 😬😬😬😬😬😬
    Go, go, go!
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited September 2021

This one's for NYC. Probably the most technical run I've ever done. Ran on boulders and definitely almost ate shit a few times
    edited September 2021
    beano.79 said:
    https://track.trail.live/event/rh100

Race number 7 

30 mins 😬😬😬😬😬😬
    And off he goes. Run Beano Run!!!

That live tracker is awesome. I have checked it a few times. Will check again later. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • 40 miles in....
    beano.79 said:
    40 miles in....
    Awesome!! Right now I see that you are near #41. Is that who you are running with.