Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 662
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    4 runs in the last 5 days.

4 mile tempo (around 7:30 pace)
    9 miles around 8:40 pace
    4 hours long run including 2000ft of hill reps
    And 950ft gain in a 1.5 mile treadmill run

🥵Happy place

A month of training left and Wales will still kick my ass

Wow! You continually amaze me. You are going to crush this run. 
    I think it is without doubt going to crush me 😂 but I'm up for it and I'll be a prepared as I can be (coming from a totally flat part of the country)
  • Options
    How's everyone getting on? 

Hope everyone has managed to get some good running in this week 👍
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,880
    beano.79 said:
    How's everyone getting on? 

Hope everyone has managed to get some good running in this week 👍
    Doing great. Thanks. Got 5 miles in this morning. Hope you all are doing well also. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited February 2023
    Also went 5.  Calf is tender but held up.  Another week of going easy.  Hoping the week after I can start running hard again.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Also went 5.  Calf is tender but held up.  Another week of going easy.  Hoping the week after I can start running hard again.  

Great job. I hope the calf heals up soon. Funny that my normal run is your going easy :blush:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    GlowGirl said:

Great job. I hope the calf heals up soon. Funny that my normal run is your going easy :blush:
    Thanks!  I was more talking about the speed but I probably would like to be closer to 10 on Saturdays right now.
  • Options
    How is everyone doing? Today I finally hit one of my goals of running 5 miles in under 50 minutes. I usually finish closer to 51 minutes. Today I did it in 49 minutes. I know that is really slow compared to you competitive runners. But it is a personal best for me. Yay!!
  • Options
    @GlowGirl that's amazing! And definitely something to feel proud about, 👏👏
  • Options
    I did my midweek tempo runs and treadmill uphill runs. Today I did 22 miles with close to 3000ft of hill reps, 9 miles tomorrow to finish the week.

Next week is a low mileage week and I think I'll have the weekend off from running before a big final 2 weeks of the training block
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    I did my midweek tempo runs and treadmill uphill runs. Today I did 22 miles with close to 3000ft of hill reps, 9 miles tomorrow to finish the week.

Next week is a low mileage week and I think I'll have the weekend off from running before a big final 2 weeks of the training block
    Wow. That is amazing. You are going to crush this run. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    How is everyone doing? Today I finally hit one of my goals of running 5 miles in under 50 minutes. I usually finish closer to 51 minutes. Today I did it in 49 minutes. I know that is really slow compared to you competitive runners. But it is a personal best for me. Yay!!
    Awesome!  Great going.  Feels great to hit a goal.  Treat yo self!

beano.79 said:

That sounds great!  How do you feel?

Went 6 today,  was intended to be the last of my easy week.  Looking forward to trying intervals this week and seeing how the calf holds up.
  • Options
    @GlowGirl I'm quite nervous about it tbh. I've never encounted this much elevation gain in a single race before and I don't have anything like a mountain close by to train on, but I've definitely done what I can.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

beano.79 said:

Went 6 today,  was intended to be the last of my easy week.  Looking forward to trying intervals this week and seeing how the calf holds up.
    I feel ok but tired, I'm very aware of my limitations though, so when I'm doing a tough training block I always plan in a low mileage week every 3 or 4 weeks to recover and keep fresh.

How does the calf feel at the moment?
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:

beano.79 said:

I feel ok but tired, I'm very aware of my limitations though, so when I'm doing a tough training block I always plan in a low mileage week every 3 or 4 weeks to recover and keep fresh.

How does the calf feel at the moment?
    Smart and experienced!

Calf feels good now.  Still was tight at points but I found myself freaking and getting to normal strides as I got toward the end....that was a good sign.  We will see with the sprints!
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Took my daughter to junior park run this morning which I always trot around with her. And my legs were just not there 😂 so decided to rest today instead of taking on my 2md long run of the weekend. Wise decision I think given the training and racing I still have over the next few months
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • Options
    Nice.  
    How did she run?

• Options
    Nice.  
    How did she run?

She is enjoying it for now which is all I can ask. I try not to push her too hard 😂 it's 3km and she has a PB of 13:40 but hasn't really got near that again. She usually comes in just under 15 mins. She's still only 7 and I'm just pleased she has taken some interest.
  • Options
    Having fun is key, awesome!
  • Options
    Treated myself to some new Hoka speedgoat 5 for next month's ultra marathons. Been eyeing them up for a while as I'm looking for a more cushioned trail shoe.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    GlowGirl said:
    Sub 10 min miles is always good thing. Congrats.

Luckily you don't have deal with these temps....

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Sub 10 min miles is always good thing. Congrats.

Luckily you don't have deal with these temps....

Yikes. Those are treadmill temps for me. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Back at it today. A little over two weeks ago I got an epidural in my neck due to some disc herniation.  Did 4.1 miles of jog/fast walk today with little numbness in my hand.  It s been a long road to recovery; I was happy with today s results.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    Treated myself to some new Hoka speedgoat 5 for next month's ultra marathons. Been eyeing them up for a while as I'm looking for a more cushioned trail shoe.
    Very nice!
    Treat Yo Self!

mcgruff10 said:
    Back at it today. A little over two weeks ago I got an epidural in my neck due to some disc herniation.  Did 4.1 miles of jog/fast walk today with little numbness in my hand.  It s been a long road to recovery; I was happy with today s results.  
    Glad to hear it, hope things hold off.  My epidural lasted 30 days.  Felt like a new man.  (Was 27)  
    Keep working on it!

Ran intervals for the first time in a long time.  (I think since tapering for the Half in November)
    Calf felt great.  First 1/4 mile was in 1m35s, felt awesome.  By my last 1/4, I was 20 seconds slower and almost ready to puke.
    It felt awesome.  👍 
  • Options

And after:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Well done!  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Nice work spiritual!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Great job, SC. I am glad you are keeping it up. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    That's great, hope all stays well with your neck. 

I have a follow up today about my osteoporosis (as a 45 yo male with no family history, makes no sense). Hopefully it's improved in the past year with the med they had me on. 

I completed my longest run ever yesterday, almost 17 miles. This training block is going well, I am hopeful to get close to a 1:30 HM in April. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I have a follow up today about my osteoporosis (as a 45 yo male with no family history, makes no sense). Hopefully it's improved in the past year with the med they had me on. 

I completed my longest run ever yesterday, almost 17 miles. This training block is going well, I am hopeful to get close to a 1:30 HM in April. 
    Awesome
      How did you feel after the 17?
    What is the pace you are training at?

Went 7.5 on Saturday,  which was longest this year as I build back up.  Funny to type that when a few years ago, 8 was my normal for a weekday.  :lol:     how things can change!  
    Want to get back to 10-15 mile long runs as normal.  
    Felt fine on Saturday...intended to go 7 but was buzzing along and had a route change which saw a little extra added on to get home and I figured it wasn't too much off plan.
    Was cold for the first part, though.  :)

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Awesome
      How did you feel after the 17?
    What is the pace you are training at?

Went 7.5 on Saturday,  which was longest this year as I build back up.  Funny to type that when a few years ago, 8 was my normal for a weekday.  :lol:     how things can change!  
    Want to get back to 10-15 mile long runs as normal.  
    Felt fine on Saturday...intended to go 7 but was buzzing along and had a route change which saw a little extra added on to get home and I figured it wasn't too much off plan.
    Was cold for the first part, though.  :)

I felt good. My average pace was 7:43, with 2 17:30 HM tempo segments that averaged 6:53.

I went a bit longer than intended as well, I was running on a path I hadn't run before and apparently took a wrong turn somewhere on the way back, I expected to get back to where I parked before my full time was up, but was a bit over half a mile away when my timer finished. 

Temps have been getting better here lately, was a little cold yesterday at the beginning, but was 51 at the end. Had to shed layers during my room.

You'll get back to 10-15 miles before you know it.