I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    arrived today.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    GlowGirl said:

3 very strong purchases!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,597
    MedozK said:

Bud just gifted me that midnight blue. Don't know him but sure will be a nice spin when i have a hot minute to chill.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:

Nice score.  I don't have that MIles.. how is it?

the rest are awesome.  I love that Horace Silver record.  It's really beautiful. 
  • Idle Moments Blue Note Classic Vinyl Edition LP
    Midnight Blue Blue Note Classic Vinyl Edition LP

Grabbed these yesterday. I thought I had already missed the Kenny Burrell release, so I was happy to pick it up.

Idle Moments Blue Note Classic Vinyl Edition LP
    Midnight Blue Blue Note Classic Vinyl Edition LP

Grabbed these yesterday. I thought I had already missed the Kenny Burrell release, so I was happy to pick it up.

He's so smooth and mellow.  
    blue note sale 20% off ends on the 6th...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The Phantom Blue Note Tone Poet Series LP
    Katanga Blue Note Tone Poet Series LP

I picked these up yesterday. Both are Tone Poet. Both are excellent. I highly recommend. I am now cutting myself off from buying vinyl for 1 month.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Filling out my Ornette Coleman collection, these are excellent additions!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I’ll be out looking for the 40th anniversary album this weekend. I read there are 1000 black vinyl and 500 red vinyl copies. Band is on tour to promote the reissue. Very cool they are playing some small towns in BC! The legion in Princeton??? I lived there from 1980-1989. Would be wild to see a DOA gig there.

This tour is quite unlikely as restrictions are returning because 1 out of 5 Canadians for some unknown reason won’t get vaccinated. 

The Phantom Blue Note Tone Poet Series LP
    Katanga Blue Note Tone Poet Series LP

I picked these up yesterday. Both are Tone Poet. Both are excellent. I highly recommend. I am now cutting myself off from buying vinyl for 1 month.

Love the Katanga, unfamiliar with the other.  And good luck with the month off...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    My Morning Jacket Live 2015 just arrived!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

• Oblique Blue Note Tone Poet Series LP

Major fail! Self imposed vinyl ban lasted less than 24hrs. Damn!
    mickeyrat said:

I just recently picked up an early pressing of A Boy Named Charlie Brown.  I somehow missed the fact that it has been re-pressed.  The vinyl in the one I picked up is VG+ but the cover isn't so great.  That new cover looks fantastic!  I hope it's a good pressing- such a fine album! 

What's Kyuss like?  I'm only vaguely familiar with the name.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

I just recently picked up an early pressing of A Boy Named Charlie Brown.  I somehow missed the fact that it has been re-pressed.  The vinyl in the one I picked up is VG+ but the cover isn't so great.  That new cover looks fantastic!  I hope it's a good pressing- such a fine album! 

so this Charlie Brown has baseball cards of 8 peanuts characters. the other gauraldi I jave are very good.

Kyuss is a band from palm desert backnin the late 80s snd 90s. Josh Homme, principle  songwriter and lead guitarist. Now of Queens of the Stone Age.... waiting for backordered middle records..... these are #1 and #4 of a 4 studio record catalog

if you do streaming, check em out.  stoner rock. might find some studio cuts on YouTube. any live shit is just that, shit due to audio quality....

blend of styles.

mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

so this Charlie Brown has baseball cards of 8 peanuts characters. the other gauraldi I jave are very good.

Kyuss is a band from palm desert backnin the late 80s snd 90s. Josh Homme, principle  songwriter and lead guitarist. Now of Queens of the Stone Age.... waiting for backordered middle records..... these are #1 and #4 of a 4 studio record catalog

if you do streaming, check em out.  stoner rock. might find some studio cuts on YouTube. any live shit is just that, shit due to audio quality....

blend of styles.

Cool.  I'll check them out best I can't.  Streaming here sucks because our only ISP option is Hughes Notworking.

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    edited September 2021
    Picked up this guy at Newbury Comics today. Their exclusives and vinyl collection are always superb. 

2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
    Picked up this guy at Newbury Comics today. Their exclusives and vinyl collection are always superb. 

Nice Pieter Bruegel cover!

• 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    brianlux said:

Is that the artist? It’s a beaut!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Over the last month

brianlux said:

It is indeed.  My first reaction was, "Oh cool, Bosch!"  And then I thought, "Wait, no, that's Bruegel."  Time to get out those art books and get reacquainted with these painters. 
    Both were Dutch painters, but Bruegel came after Bosch, and early on began his career imitating Bosch's fantasies.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2021
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

It is indeed.  My first reaction was, "Oh cool, Bosch!"  And then I thought, "Wait, no, that's Bruegel."  Time to get out those art books and get reacquainted with these painters. 
    Both were Dutch painters, but Bruegel came after Bosch, and early on began his career imitating Bosch's fantasies.
    My favorite Bruegel:

The pup always draws me in, then I can look at this thing for hours (and have at The Met). And the pup is probably the last thing I look at as well. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

My favorite Bruegel:

The pup always draws me in, then I can look at this thing for hours (and have at The Met). And the pup is probably the last thing I look at as well. 
    There is a Dahli I stare at.  It's the one of his wife staring out the window and boxes are the main design.  If you look at it from an angle it is Abraham Lincoln.
  • I'm part of the VMP monthly subscription and have finally got around to opening a few up and found MIA, The Doors and some person/band I don't recognize.  The ones I don't recognize have been brutal and not my cup o tea at all but I like the roulette of music I get.
  • Anyone in Canada wants the Young Shakespeare boxset it’s on Amazon.ca for a good price:

may have just bought Aenima. Used. being held now til I can go in and check it out....

• mickeyrat said:
    may have just bought Aenima. Used. being held now til I can go in and check it out....
    I'd love an update on this one.