Sea.Hear.Now

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I’m flying into Philly because it seemed easier. Staying about 20 minutes from AP. Hotel price wasn’t bad. Not sure if I’ll drive or Uber from there. Rental car was $130 for about 30 hours. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    So the unvaccinated can also attend? Just have to wear a mask? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Yes. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Yes. 
    Uhmm ok just not sure how they will enforce that once patrons are inside in the middle of that crowd? Folks will take off those masks once the music starts no? 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    on2legs said:
    Yes. 
    Uhmm ok just not sure how they will enforce that once patrons are inside in the middle of that crowd? Folks will take off those masks once the music starts no? 
    Of course.  They don't care about safety, or else they would already be vaxxed.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    on2legs said:
    Yes. 
    Yeah I’d hope they wouldn’t for the sake of everyone around them, unless people are going to police themselves ..
  • Melzombie said:
    so is the closet airport NEWARK? and is it really an hour away by car? sounds like a nightmare. I'm already going to Ohana and I was thinking about maybe swinging this, but sh*tty two star hotels are going for $500 a night. I think it will be just Ohana for me this year. 
    can someone confirm the airport situation? 
    You can fly into Atlantic City. Time is likely the same but no where near the traffic. From AC to Asbury is about 45 minutes. All Garden State parkway @Melzombie
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Melzombie said:
    so is the closet airport NEWARK? and is it really an hour away by car? sounds like a nightmare. I'm already going to Ohana and I was thinking about maybe swinging this, but sh*tty two star hotels are going for $500 a night. I think it will be just Ohana for me this year. 
    can someone confirm the airport situation? 
    You can fly into Atlantic City. Time is likely the same but no where near the traffic. From AC to Asbury is about 45 minutes. All Garden State parkway @Melzombie
    I would say definitely closer to an hour from ac to ap.  You can also fly into Philadelphia or Trenton.  If you have big bucks fly into allaire.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    on2legs said:
    Yes. 

Let’s hope this helps. 

For patrons who are not fully vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of first attending Sea.Hear.Now.

Sea.Hear.Now 2021 Entry Procedures

1. Comply with the Sea.Hear.Now Fan Health Pledge
    2. Each day, bring a printed copy of your Vaccine Card, Vaccine Record, or Negative COVID-19 test and a mask
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    Renfield said:
    on2legs said:
    Yes. 

Let’s hope this helps. 

For patrons who are not fully vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of first attending Sea.Hear.Now.

Sea.Hear.Now 2021 Entry Procedures

1. Comply with the Sea.Hear.Now Fan Health Pledge
    2. Each day, bring a printed copy of your Vaccine Card, Vaccine Record, or Negative COVID-19 test and a mask
    If you’re hesitant or immune system is compromised in any way, I’d stay away. There will definitely be:
    1)fake vaccine cards
    2) false negatives 

I hate to be negative but these are the unfortunate realities right now. Documents have been forged since….. forever. Vaccine cards are no different and fake ones are literally everywhere. As soon as NY mandated them for gyms, restaurants etc, people rushed out to get fake cards INSTEAD OF DOING THE RIGHT THING AND GETTING VACCINATED. It’s insane and frustrating. But it’s also reality. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Limp Bizkit was cancelled last night at the Stone Pony.

Its anecdotal, but I asked a cop if he thought Sea.Hear.Now was gonna happen, and he told me he wouldn't bet on it.

This is not trending well here.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    I heard it got canceled because the bassist was covid positive.  Fingers crossed on shn.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    I heard it got canceled because the bassist was covid positive.  Fingers crossed on shn.  
    That's what everyone was saying.

I dunno man.  If shows are getting canceled because members of the band were infected, that does not bode well.

Fingers crossed indeed.
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I dunno man.  If shows are getting canceled because members of the band were infected, that does not bode well.

Fingers crossed indeed.
    I totally agree with you bud. I say shn is 50/50 right now. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Fingers crossed indeed.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pendleton-whisky-music-faster-horses-covid-outbreaks-outdoor-transmission-1208842/amp/

Were porked.

Maybe SHN gets in under the gun, but Ohana would be a miracle.

This is all so unbelievably fucked.
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Fingers crossed indeed.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pendleton-whisky-music-faster-horses-covid-outbreaks-outdoor-transmission-1208842/amp/

Were porked.

Oh man that is not good.  
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Fingers crossed indeed.

Were porked.

I posted that a few days ago in the covid thread because I didn’t want to rain on the parade here. There’s already a ton of negativity and fighting in that thread so it didn’t matter
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 140
    I find it odd that there’s so much discussion around concerts while US sporting events, both indoor and outdoor, continue to go on with packed crowds. I hope we can get these festivals and people can be reasonably safe. 
    jstu39 said:
    I find it odd that there’s so much discussion around concerts while US sporting events, both indoor and outdoor, continue to go on with packed crowds. I hope we can get these festivals and people can be reasonably safe. 
    I think there is definitely a difference between ga and seated events.  
    nicknyr15 said:
    Renfield said:

If you’re hesitant or immune system is compromised in any way, I’d stay away. There will definitely be:
    1)fake vaccine cards
    2) false negatives 

I hate to be negative but these are the unfortunate realities right now. Documents have been forged since….. forever. Vaccine cards are no different and fake ones are literally everywhere. As soon as NY mandated them for gyms, restaurants etc, people rushed out to get fake cards INSTEAD OF DOING THE RIGHT THING AND GETTING VACCINATED. It’s insane and frustrating. But it’s also reality. 
    You are not being negative, you are speaking truth.😔 Based on the previous posts about cancellations, let’s see if the show is even a go.✌️

Wish Dave Chappelle’s rules could be applied. 
    “Additionally, each ticket holder will receive a mandatory rapid COVID-19 antigen test, prior to entering the venue. If COVID-19 is detected by the rapid test, that individual and all members of the same household will not be allowed to enter and will be given a refund.” “Individuals who have received the COVID-19 vaccine are not exempt from the rapid test.”
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I agree the news about those Oregon and Michigan fests is not good.  If I could take a positive outlook, it seems that neither of those had a vaccination or testing requirement.  So perhaps that will be enough to let SHN proceed.  Either that or how soon can PJ put on a Wrigley show! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    Yea it seems like mandatory vaccine is the way to go if these big events want to proceed.  I don’t recall seeing any news about outbreaks at that MSG Foo Fighter show in June.
    But, rights, freedoms, blah, blah, blah. 🙄
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Fingers crossed indeed.

Were porked.

52 out of 10,000 and 96 out of 12,000.  If those numbers aren’t acceptable the world is fucked.  
    Neither event required vaccines and the one was held in a town with less than 50% residents vaccinated.  I’d say hold off a bit on the hysteria over these two. And I’m a cautious guy with COVID.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited August 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Fingers crossed indeed.

Were porked.

52 out of 10,000 and 96 out of 12,000.  If those numbers aren’t acceptable the world is fucked.  
    Neither event required vaccines and the one was held in a town with less than 50% residents vaccinated.  I’d say hold off a bit on the hysteria over these two. And I’m a cautious guy with COVID.
    This. We’re living in 2 different pandemics. One for those of us that got the shot and one for those that seem determined to get sick and test fate. Requiring vax cards is really all we can do. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 610
    edited August 2021
    Wrong thread 
    Post edited by aidt17 on
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

Ryan said:
    Yea it seems like mandatory vaccine is the way to go if these big events want to proceed.  I don’t recall seeing any news about outbreaks at that MSG Foo Fighter show in June.
    But, rights, freedoms, blah, blah, blah. 🙄
    There wasn’t any outbreak from the concert. The show was June 20th. Delta variant was 9.5% of US population in June, jumped to 93% in July.
    Just in the ‘nick of time’. I was not uncomfortable in a crowd of 15,000 without my mask. Not sure if it was tonight that I would go. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Shows are happening stay positive people.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited August 2021
    Under 1% transmission in a crowd with no vac rules? How are people looking at those numbers from a no vac restrictions fest and think they would have any negative impact on ones that do?
    Post edited by PJNB on
    PJNB said:
    Under 1% transmission in a crowd with no vac rules? How are people looking at those numbers from a no vac restrictions fest and think they would have any negative impact on ones that do?
    I do agree. However, if anyone at all involved with the band test positive then it’s screwed. That’s the only thing I think can stop it at this point. 
    Let s say worst case scenario PJ doesn’t feel
    it is safe situation and pulls out of the festival.  Do we get a refund or are we stuck with another headliner?