Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• aidt17aidt17 Posts: 610
    After humming and hawing on the first weekend didn’t pass up this chance to head west. 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 466
    thro84 said:
    Hey all. Just booked VIP for Saturday. Wondering if Newport Beach area is too far away to stay? Can either rent a car or Uber. Don’t care either way. It seems the hotels in Dana and Laguna are either booked or crazy expensive. 

not sure if anyone has responded yet, but Newport isn't too far from Dana Point, I think it's about a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic. The only issue would be parking, but you could always drive down to san clemente and take the shuttle. 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    edited July 2021
    bbiggs said:
    For those that have been to Ohana, I imagine there is a major shortage of Uber or Lyft drivers immediately after the show.  Is that correct?  If so, do you know how long it typically takes to clear out to find one without paying surge pricing?
    There is a cool nautical themed dive bar across the street where I can confirm you can wait out surge pricing. At least it was there in 2018. 

Edit: I think Doheny Saloon. Sorry, there was alcohol involved. 
    Post edited by kaw753 on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Props to 10C for doing another great job acquiring tickets. Eddies fest but still great to see anyone in 10C that wanted a ticket today could of got one.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    edited July 2021
    PJNB said:
    Props to 10C for doing another great job acquiring tickets. Eddies fest but still great to see anyone in 10C that wanted a ticket today could of got one.
    x2

I still cant believe in a two or three day time period, I went from just learning about this to bagging two EXTRA pj shows in my hometown! This was too easy! Three shows plus EV in one week. Add the soon to be re-scheduled west coast shows and shit, more shows in a few months time than in my lifetime! Lucky fan
    Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    kaw753 said:
    bbiggs said:
    For those that have been to Ohana, I imagine there is a major shortage of Uber or Lyft drivers immediately after the show.  Is that correct?  If so, do you know how long it typically takes to clear out to find one without paying surge pricing?
    There is a cool nautical themed dive bar across the street where I can confirm you can wait out surge pricing. At least it was there in 2018. 

Edit: I think Doheny Saloon. Sorry, there was alcohol involved. 
    Great. Thank you. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    PJNB said:
    +1
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    PJNB said:
    E

CC company flagged it as fraudulent. I accepted it but still did not allow me to purchase. My wife calls me up and says she got them. LOL. Smooth besides that and the rush for tickets is back!
    :lol:  🙌🙌
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Got my weekend Encore ticket. Thanks 10c! Is it too early for song requests!? Im looking at you Red Mosquito & Sad. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    JojoRice said:
    Got my weekend Encore ticket. Thanks 10c! Is it too early for song requests!? Im looking at you Red Mosquito & Sad. 
    +1 on both of those dude
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    very much looking forward to this! heading down solo from LA for my first PJ shows since bridge school 2014... my last proper show before that was LA 2013. before that awful band phish took over my touring budget.

for anyone else driving down, i'm probably going to be looking for parking along Golden Lantern or in the area around Costco. It would be a solid 30-40 minute walk but thats so much better than waiting for the shuttle which seems like a total shit show. a local tipped me off to look around Doheny Saloon for parking. 

see you guys there!
  • MarieowMarieow San Francisco Posts: 73
    Hi Everyone! I'm going to both Ohana weekends, but will be solo for the Encore both days. Anyone else going solo and want to hang out? If won't be my first time going to see PJ alone, but it would be nice to make some friends while I'm there. :) 
    I've never been to Ohana. So excited!
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Thanks to Gern for posting something substantial.  Unfortunately, it still is not very helpful.  Based on a sketch I found on the site for the first 3 nights, the VIP viewing bleachers seem to be pretty far back, but one can't really tell from a sketch.  Also, the assessment of a promoter trying to sell a $500 VIP ticket on what "prime viewing" is and my perception of what prime viewing is can be drastically different things.  Looks like I won't be going for this ticket based on the info available :cry: 
    My opinion from someone that has not been there but know people that have VIP is not worth it for close guaranteed viewing. You get your own entry so depending on the security there if they let you in before the general public GA. Also you have to do the time like everyone else with no section just for you.
    Good info....so VIPs get no real advantage other than the VIP bleachers and air conditioned shitters
    Thanks to Gern for posting something substantial.  Unfortunately, it still is not very helpful.  Based on a sketch I found on the site for the first 3 nights, the VIP viewing bleachers seem to be pretty far back, but one can't really tell from a sketch.  Also, the assessment of a promoter trying to sell a $500 VIP ticket on what "prime viewing" is and my perception of what prime viewing is can be drastically different things.  Looks like I won't be going for this ticket based on the info available :cry: 
    They aren't far back, the VIP bleachers, they're just an angle from Mike's side. TONS of the VIP people come through to the GA side to get closer to the stage...so what's the purpose of the VIP? Just to be spoiled with no food lines....waste of $$ if you ask me
    Welcome back to the mix! Exciting to see two more shows!
    Are you staying? I'm doing both weekends
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    peace said:
    Does anyone have any idea what VIP entails.  Pretty expensive, but considering I'm down to 10 concerts this year instead of the 20-25 that I normally average, it might be worth the splurge.  That said, the Ohana site and Front Gate Tickets suck at explaining what VIP entails.  If it's just a comfy area, but no viewing areas up against or very close to the stage, it's not really worth it.  To me, VIP is more about closeness to the stage as opposed to the availability of kale smoothies and quinoa pizza.  Anyone experience Ohana VIP and can offer some insight?  Thanks.
    Everyone thinks VIP gives them special access to the front. It does not. I have done VIP and other than cleaner bathrooms, color me not impressed. 
    The viewing is actually worse than GA. 

There's nothing keeping the. VIP from going into the general GA.. go get as close as you want but it didn't give anyone special access to close spots
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 629
    I'm going solo. How does it generally work if I get myself a decent spot to stand? Can I make friends with the people near me and go out to the bathroom on occasion or once I leave my spot is there no going back?
    Noload said:
    I'm looking at both John Wayne and LAX.  I know John Wayne would be the choice, but if I end up having to do LAX, is uber a valid option for that far away (Dana Point)?  Thanks
    FWIW, you can take a train from downtown LA to San Juan Capistrano ($21 and about 1 hr). That stop is about 3 miles from Dana Point. I would guess an Uber would be well over $100.
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 594
    Marieow said:
    Hi Everyone! I'm going to both Ohana weekends, but will be solo for the Encore both days. Anyone else going solo and want to hang out? If won't be my first time going to see PJ alone, but it would be nice to make some friends while I'm there. :) 
    howdy! I just grabbed tickets for Friday and it's up in the air if I'll be solo. At previous shows were I went solo I put out a call on this message board and ended up partying with a group of fellow solo show goers. even if my ticket partner goes with me you're more than welcome to party with us! Its my first time at Ohana too so I'll be learning the ropes as well, just wanted to let you know we out here if you want people to kick it with. 
  • NkatieNkatie Posts: 2
    Hi folks! I'm brand new to the Ten Club, and joined with hopes to snag a pre-sale ticket for the Oct 1 shows. Sadly, I only realized after I signed up that I had to join before July 18 to be eligible for the pre-sale. Lord Huron and Beck are my 2 favorite bands, and to see them on the same night would be incredible.  On top of that getting to see PJ---does it get any better?!

If any TC-ers aren't planning to use their encore pre-sale code I would love for you to PM me so I can increase my chances of getting to go! I have a work meeting on Friday from 9:30-10:30, and I'm worried I won't be able to get a ticket once the they go on general sale.

Thank you! **Full disclaimer: I am not intending to break any rules of the forum with this post, and apologize if this is unintentionally inappropriate. Please PM me if it is and I will delete it immediately. Admittedly, I did not read the length terms and conditions (who does). 
  • NkatieNkatie Posts: 2
    Marieow said:
    howdy! I just grabbed tickets for Friday and it's up in the air if I'll be solo. At previous shows were I went solo I put out a call on this message board and ended up partying with a group of fellow solo show goers. even if my ticket partner goes with me you're more than welcome to party with us! Its my first time at Ohana too so I'll be learning the ropes as well, just wanted to let you know we out here if you want people to kick it with. 
    [Pending being able to buy a ticket] I'd also be coming solo for Friday's show (from Seattle!), and I would love to meet up!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    My opinion from someone that has not been there but know people that have VIP is not worth it for close guaranteed viewing. You get your own entry so depending on the security there if they let you in before the general public GA. Also you have to do the time like everyone else with no section just for you.
    Good info....so VIPs get no real advantage other than the VIP bleachers and air conditioned shitters
    They aren't far back, the VIP bleachers, they're just an angle from Mike's side. TONS of the VIP people come through to the GA side to get closer to the stage...so what's the purpose of the VIP? Just to be spoiled with no food lines....waste of $$ if you ask me
    Welcome back to the mix! Exciting to see two more shows!
    Are you staying? I'm doing both weekends
    Ya I am just trying to work things out with work today to see if I can take the week off in between or have to fly in and out twice. Huge pain in the ass if I do have to do two flights but either way I will be there both weekends! 
  • What’s the capacity for this festival? Are the sight lines to the stage better than most festivals or is it tough to see the stage?
  • rekab02rekab02 Posts: 58
    Throwing up a flag here, if ANYONE has a presale code I can use you would gain a lifelong friend. Switched credit cards and I didn't update the canceled card here. I know I know total rookie move. 

Either way thanks PJ fam for even reading this post, 

Dom
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    Got my Encore GA's and am so stoked for live music to be back!
    I think I'm packing the calendar a bit thought --> Sea Hear Now, Governers Ball, and now Ohana = 3 weekends in a row of all night partying.
    YESSS!
    AWESOME! That would be so much fun. I don't have any diehard pearl jam fans so it will be fun to meet others. 

Should I start a separate thread for solo jammers? LOL, "Ohana Orphans" hahah

jammergirl said:
    Marieow said:
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • aliciavaliciav Posts: 48
    Marieow said:
    AWESOME! That would be so much fun. I don't have any diehard pearl jam fans so it will be fun to meet others. 

jammergirl said:
    Marieow said:
    Hi, solo attendee here, too, and Ohana newbie. Count me in!

A separate thread is a great idea. :)
    aliciav said:
    Marieow said:

jammergirl said:
    Marieow said:

Same here
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    aliciav said:
    Marieow said:

jammergirl said:
    Marieow said:

Same here
    lets party, all are welcome to ransack my hotel room
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Encore #1 will be show #20 for this guy! Can’t believe it’s with fucking Beck this is amazing 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    Encore #1 will be show #20 for this guy! Can’t believe it’s with fucking Beck this is amazing 
    I am SO excited for Beck!!!
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    What’s the capacity for this festival? Are the sight lines to the stage better than most festivals or is it tough to see the stage?
    the capacity is everyone with tickets minus the umphreys fans, who have to watch from outside.