so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    It’s go time. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    GORGEOUS

Cliff ya started a trend!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    GORGEOUS

Cliff ya started a trend!
    I’m what the kids call an influencer. Delis and cardiologists both owe me commissions today  
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    This one was pretty different. From a place called “Little Sicily Pizza 2” which mostly serves Italian food but the owners are Indian so a lot of the pizza and other items have an Indian influence.

Most notably this “spicy chicken cheesesteak” which is seasoned with “Indian spices” and can be ordered mild, medium, spicy, or extra spicy. And thank god I went for the medium! Very very tasty. 

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    RiotZact said:
    This one was pretty different. From a place called “Little Sicily Pizza 2” which mostly serves Italian food but the owners are Indian so a lot of the pizza and other items have an Indian influence.

Most notably this “spicy chicken cheesesteak” which is seasoned with “Indian spices” and can be ordered mild, medium, spicy, or extra spicy. And thank god I went for the medium! Very very tasty. 

Haha little Sicily rules. Such an odd menu in a top 3 worst parking lot in Philly. It’s good stuff though 
    edited May 2021
    RiotZact said:

Haha little Sicily rules. Such an odd menu in a top 3 worst parking lot in Philly. It’s good stuff though 
    Holy shit yeah the parking lot sucked so bad. My girlfriend and I were in the area and it came up on Yelp as one of the best reviewed places around so we gave it a go. Some
    of the different pizzas looked really interesting.
    Delicious.  That's looks very Sidewinder-ish. Welshie's in Sea Isle I think had the best chick cheesesteaks. No idea if they're still around.
    Delicious.  That's looks very Sidewinder-ish. Welshie's in Sea Isle I think had the best chick cheesesteaks. No idea if they're still around.
    Just googled it and it looks like permanently closed!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Not a cheese steak, but a hot sandwich, so what the hell. Meatball sub with mozzarella and sweet peppers. Spot in the old neighborhood I get to a couple times a year. Quality hasn't changed in 30 years which is a good thing.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I would f that thing up.  Looks amazing
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    bbiggs said:
    Not a cheese steak, but a hot sandwich, so what the hell. Meatball sub with mozzarella and sweet peppers. Spot in the old neighborhood I get to a couple times a year. Quality hasn't changed in 30 years which is a good thing.

I love a good meatball sub. For me it is all about the bread. It has to be really crusty on the outside and soft on the inside.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    GlowGirl said:
    bbiggs said:

I love a good meatball sub. For me it is all about the bread. It has to be really crusty on the outside and soft on the inside.

This bread is on the softer side, but partially because of the marinara soaking into it. It’s really good. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    'fuck am I lookin' at?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I'm sure if you are posting it, it tastes great.  Not gonna say it looks super.  :)

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited September 2021
    Da heck is that? 

Heading to a Phillies game next week with the kids, what s everyone’s favorite cheesesteak in the stadium?  I know there s a couple spots .  Pretty sure we had campo s last time we went.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Da heck is that? 

Heading to a Phillies game next week with the kids, what s everyone’s favorite cheesesteak in the stadium?  I know there s a couple spots .  Pretty sure we had campo s last time we went.  
    Tony Luke's Roast Pork.
    Let the kids get the steaks and you can have a bite.  You'll like the pork better!

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Agree on the roast pork - the real Philly sandwich. Add some spinach or broccoli rabe. They do a respectable job in the stadium, surprisingly.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    At the stadium I am generally too lazy if left to my own devices to go out to Center, stand in line, and get a roast pork.  Happy to have done so, when I do, but I usually grab a sausage and onion/peppers from one of the stands right above the seats as I head in.  (or 2, if I had the foresight to skip lunch.  ;))
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    At the stadium I am generally too lazy if left to my own devices to go out to Center, stand in line, and get a roast pork.  Happy to have done so, when I do, but I usually grab a sausage and onion/peppers from one of the stands right above the seats as I head in.  (or 2, if I had the foresight to skip lunch.  ;))
    I usually go to the BBQ place. The Tony Luke's line is painful but out of towners probably should go with that.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Best value at the park is 1) sausage & peppers 2) pulled pork 3) bulldog. 

Leave the cheesesteaks & roast porks for the actual places in the city not run by Aramark.

What I'm saying is go to John's.
    Center field will be a short walk because We are sitting in right field.  My kid loves Bryce so we are sitting four rows up in 104.   

I ve had the roast pork sandwich from dinic s (sp?); it was really good but the brocolli rabe was a little too much.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Center field will be a short walk because We are sitting in right field.  My kid loves Bryce so we are sitting four rows up in 104.   

I ve had the roast pork sandwich from dinic s (sp?); it was really good but the brocolli rabe was a little too much.  

This won't be as good as DiNic's.  If the kiddos want Steaks inside the stadium, I think Tony Luke's is your spot but I like reading what the other folks shared and maybe Bulls BBQ is the way to go for pulled pork.  Also OF so easy enough. 
    Excellent to sit close to your kid's player...hope he hits one out that game.
    mcgruff10 said:

Can never have too much rabe, if you're asking me. Had this from Dinics over the weekend and they ran out of rabe so substituted spinach instead and felt it was lacking. I think JP is a spinach guy. I need that rabe kick. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    'fuck am I lookin' at?
    Looks great, doesn't it? Todd Zolecki posted this on twitter. He got it at Miller Park (or whatever they call it now) yesterday. 

lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:

Can never have too much rabe, if you're asking me. Had this from Dinics over the weekend and they ran out of rabe so substituted spinach instead and felt it was lacking. I think JP is a spinach guy. I need that rabe kick. 

Pastaficio makes an awesome cold roast beef hoagie with fresh mozz and rabe. Wish I was holding one right now.

Speaking of which, @mcgruff10 Pastaficio is right down the road from the stadiums and, although I’ve never been to a Phillies game myself, I would bet my life they serve nothing as good as Pastaficio’s hoagies. 
    'fuck am I lookin' at?
    Looks great, doesn't it? Todd Zolecki posted this on twitter. He got it at Miller Park (or whatever they call it now) yesterday. 

lol
    Makes more sense now. Funny this tweet from Gelb just showed up on my feed. The length looked like a shorti, then I saw what looks like a carrot or a pepper or god knows what on there, the meat looks steamed (which it probably was), then there's the bratwurst torn up roll that looks like a mouse or bird has been picking away at it.
    'fuck am I lookin' at?

lol
    Makes more sense now. Funny this tweet from Gelb just showed up on my feed. The length looked like a shorti, then I saw what looks like a carrot or a pepper or god knows what on there, the meat looks steamed (which it probably was), then there's the bratwurst torn up roll that looks like a mouse or bird has been picking away at it.
    Hahaha...yeah I think there's a fucking carrot in there! What the fuck? I hope he got that as a joke and wasn't thinking a cheesesteak in Wisconsin, of all places, would be remotely decent. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I would think/hope at least the cheese is good?

Agree with @RiotZact re: cold cut sandwiches. Pastificio's is a beast. Of course the Italian hoagie is the best, but I had (can't remember what it's called now) some prosciutto & fresh mozz sandwich there. Good god was that delicious.

But, yeah, not a fan of the rabe. IMO takes away from the rest of the sandwich, it's just too damn bitter. Not the main reason that I think JRP is King when it comes to roast pork and cheesesteaks, but I definitely prefer spinach greens on a roast pork (which JRP does) instead of rabe. Roast pork with extra sharp prov, spinach greens, extra jus, roasted red peppers. Sublime. Maybe some long hots and horseradish if we wanna live dangerously.
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Pastaficio makes an awesome cold roast beef hoagie with fresh mozz and rabe. Wish I was holding one right now.

Speaking of which, @mcgruff10 Pastaficio is right down the road from the stadiums and, although I’ve never been to a Phillies game myself, I would bet my life they serve nothing as good as Pastaficio’s hoagies. 
    Good to know but my kids want cheese steaks, it's their thing lol.  

I think I've mentioned it before but Jersey Mike's makes a killer cheese steak.