so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    cutz said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    the rolls used for cheesteaks should not have seeds on them. violation.
    A seeded roll is an automatic plus in my book.
    Donkey's is the only place that has Seeds, that I've had.
    Those are poppy seeds. I was talking sesame.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Masshole chicken bomb. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Looks 👍 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    RiotZact said:
    cutz said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    OK, but was just saying Donkey's is the only place where I got a cheese steak that had Seeds of any kind, on the Roll.
    cutz said:
    RiotZact said:
    cutz said:
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    OK, but was just saying Donkey's is the only place where I got a cheese steak that had Seeds of any kind, on the Roll.
    Oh okay I see! I would highly recommend trying John’s, Angelo’s, and Cosmi’s. All 10/10 cheesesteaks with the seeded rolls playing a large part in my opinion. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    I had pizza plus for the first time the other day and that is seeded and incredible 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,300
    Sesame seed bread rules with anything, especially a cheesesteak.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I have a work event in that Snyder Ave area and an evil secret plan to eat a "light" lunch and then sneak over to John's Roast Pork...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I have a work event in that Snyder Ave area and an evil secret plan to eat a "light" lunch and then sneak over to John's Roast Pork...
    You're in my 'hood-ish. If you somehow deviate from JRP and somehow end up in the mood for a hoagie, Delores' is killer.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    Who is taking me out for Cheese steaks when I come in for Camden? I will be taking the Amtrak to Philly the night before the show.
    GlowGirl said:
    Who is taking me out for Cheese steaks when I come in for Camden? I will be taking the Amtrak to Philly the night before the show.
    Yo, where my LL Bean fleece dude at?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    So what you're gonna wanna do is come to Passyunk & 9th Street, between Pat's and Geno's, and stand on Passyunk looking toward Geno's, ok? Now turn around at look directly at Pat's ok? Then what you're gonna wanna do is proceed to walk past Pat's, up Passyunk, and patronize the many, many, many restaurants/bars/shops instead of eating a cheesesteak. Save the cheesesteak for 2AM after the show!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    GlowGirl said:
    May be out in Philly that night and we can hook it up.  I'm thinking sushi over cheesesteak,  though.  :smile:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    So what you're gonna wanna do is come to Passyunk & 9th Street, between Pat's and Geno's, and stand on Passyunk looking toward Geno's, ok? Now turn around at look directly at Pat's ok? Then what you're gonna wanna do is proceed to walk past Pat's, up Passyunk, and patronize the many, many, many restaurants/bars/shops instead of eating a cheesesteak. Save the cheesesteak for 2AM after the show!
    No 2AM cheesesteaks for me. But I will check out some other restaurants for sure. 
    GlowGirl said:
    May be out in Philly that night and we can hook it up.  I'm thinking sushi over cheesesteak,  though.  :smile:

Keep me posted. Sushi could definitely work. 
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    For lunch grab an Olde Italian from Antonio's Deli. https://antoniosdeliphilly.com/menu/

For dinner have some amazing Italian food at Le Virtu'.  https://www.levirtu.com/   (I may do this myself actually.)

Found him!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    dankind said:
    Found him!

Lol.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Personally I think you should go for the cheesesteak. I get the sentiment that Philly has a lot to offer outside of it, but if you’re in town for a short period of time I think it’s a fair tourist thing to do. 

The real question is what else do you plan on doing while you’re in the city? Because some of the best cheesesteaks might be out of the way from where you are and quite frankly can be a pain in the ass. 

John’s Roast Pork is probably the most accessible one out of my personal favorites. It’s not too far from most of the other tourist spots and you don’t have to call ahead or anything. The line can get very long but since this will be middle of the week I don’t think it would be too bad. 
    Actually come to think of it Angelo’s probably won’t be too bad either. It’s always a shit show when I’ve had it but that’s always on the weekend. They are my new personal favorite and also aren’t too far from most of the tourist things. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Angelos...and you can stroll/eat your way through the Italian Market
    I can't believe that only one of you brave souls has offered to actually take @GlowGirl out -- and not for what she wants at that. 

My promise to @GlowGirl : If you make a similar request for the Boston area (best lobster roll, maybe? or fried seafood? boiled cabbage?), one of us will take you out for the very thing you requested. :wink:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,615

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

dankind said:
    I can't believe that only one of you brave souls has offered to actually take @GlowGirl out -- and not for what she wants at that. 

My promise to @GlowGirl : If you make a similar request for the Boston area (best lobster roll, maybe? or fried seafood? boiled cabbage?), one of us will take you out for the very thing you requested. :wink:
    Thanks, @dankind. I will find my way to a cheese steak at some point while I am there. Going out for boiled cabbage in Boston would be like a dream come true ;)  Seriously, though - thanks.

dankind said:

Still figuring out my plan for the day...

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    dankind said:

Not for boiled cabbage compadre.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    dankind said:

Still figuring out my plan for the day...
    No biggie. I was just thinking if anyone wanted to go out for cheese steaks that day I would be up for it. I didn't expect anyone to make plans around me. But I would love to meet some of you guys in person if there is anything going on that night - I know it is a Tuesday night though.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    I will probably be tailgating in the lot with cold beers and Primos. Same game plan since 1998. 
    Okay here's a vague plan for Wednesday. I won't be able to do anything PJ-related Tuesday night.  :/

-Work at home a few hours
    -Make my way into the city, get my first Angelo's cheesesteak around 1 (meet me there GlowGirl?)
    -Go to POPE or something for a couple beers
    -Meet up with my buddy who's got my 2nd ticket
    -Get some pasta
    -Take PATCO to Camden
    -RAWK