When will we hear anything about tour rescheduling?

I can't believe we haven't gotten a single communication about tour reschedule. I get that it's a massive endeavor, but most other shows I had tickets to have not only set expectations, but most have issued new dates.

When we gonna hear about this? Anything?

Comments

• CC9172CC9172 northern new jersey Posts: 123
    I think we can expect the schedule that was in 2020 since a lot of us held onto our tickets. When will they announce it? Probably when all the dates are scheduled.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Nobody knows when they will break the silence but there were observations on another thread about dates in March 2022 being the likely outcome based on some inferences around Ticketmaster searches.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    It would certainly be welcome if they announced rescheduled dates prior to the end of the year; some of us have been holding on to airline tickets that are due to expire at the end of 2021.  I don't know that I can get AA to extend my tickets beyond 2021.  I believe I'm good as long as I schedule flights before December 31, 2021.  I still have TM tix to both LA shows.  If these are not announced by the end of the year, I will plan another vacation and probably have to sell my LA tix.  
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    It would certainly be welcome if they announced rescheduled dates prior to the end of the year; some of us have been holding on to airline tickets that are due to expire at the end of 2021.  I don't know that I can get AA to extend my tickets beyond 2021.  I believe I'm good as long as I schedule flights before December 31, 2021.  I still have TM tix to both LA shows.  If these are not announced by the end of the year, I will plan another vacation and probably have to sell my LA tix.  
    The airline situation is a legitimate concern.  You may want to email that info to the ten club… you never know but it might cause them to make an announcement sooner rather later knowing so many people are probably in a similar position with the way fans travel for these shows.  Here’s hoping you get some news soon so you can book your flights. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    It’s definitely silly at this point. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Seeing how the numbers are blowing up again in a lot of places, I wouldn't hold my breath. I for one would rather they get back in the studio as they are clearly in no rush, which I totally understand. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    NewJPage said:
    Seeing how the numbers are blowing up again in a lot of places, I wouldn't hold my breath. I for one would rather they get back in the studio as they are clearly in no rush, which I totally understand. 
    Except almost all new cases in America are those not vaccinated. Just require vaccinations for entry and reschedule the dates
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:
    Except almost all new cases in America are those not vaccinated. Just require vaccinations for entry and reschedule the dates
    Vaccine is 63% effective against Delta, which is what is spreading like crazy. #s of vaccinated that are covid + is increasing substantially. Still quite effective against hospitalization/death, but vaccinated are spreading covid
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:
    Vaccine is 63% effective against Delta, which is what is spreading like crazy. #s of vaccinated that are covid + is increasing substantially. Still quite effective against hospitalization/death, but vaccinated are spreading covid

I though I read that pfizer (and I suppose by proxy) Moderna, were something like 88 or 87% effective against Delta (two weeks after the 2nd shot)?  It's the Astrazeneca that' is 60 something percent, but that one wasn't used in America?

I think it was always known that vaccine people could be asymptomatic, but still spread the virus.

This is going to make tough decisions.  Do you do concerts for only people with vaccines, do you say fuck it, and play them anyway, and the people not getting vaccines can do as they will..  I dunno.   If the vaccines aren't able to return to normal, at what point do we give up?

edited July 2021
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

I though I read that pfizer (and I suppose by proxy) Moderna, were something like 88 or 87% effective against Delta (two weeks after the 2nd shot)?  It's the Astrazeneca that' is 60 something percent, but that one wasn't used in America?

I think it was always known that vaccine people could be asymptomatic, but still spread the virus.

This is going to make tough decisions.  Do you do concerts for only people with vaccines, do you say fuck it, and play them anyway, and the people not getting vaccines can do as they will..  I dunno.   If the vaccines aren't able to return to normal, at what point do we give up?

Israel is at 63% and it used Pfizer. 42 states are seeing increasing cases...give it a week and it will be all 50.

As for your 2nd point, covid is likely here forever. If we can get the deniers on board it will make things semi normal. 
    Post edited by NewJPage on
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    jdahline said:
    I can't believe we haven't gotten a single communication about tour reschedule. I get that it's a massive endeavor, but most other shows I had tickets to have not only set expectations, but most have issued new dates.

When we gonna hear about this? Anything?

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

Israel is at 63% and it used Pfizer. 42 states are seeing increasing cases...give it a week and it will be all 50.

As for your 2nd point, covid is likely here forever. If we can get the deniers on board it will make things semi normal. 
    You are missing one key piece of info from your post though. All the approved vaccines are more than 90% effective in preventing severe disease. That is the most important number. Look at the UK. They are having a lot of cases and their deaths and hospitalizations are incredibly low for their numbers. 

Lets get these reschedules new dates! 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    If they’re waiting for Covid to be gone then we’ve seen their last show. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

You are missing one key piece of info from your post though. All the approved vaccines are more than 90% effective in preventing severe disease. That is the most important number. Look at the UK. They are having a lot of cases and their deaths and hospitalizations are incredibly low for their numbers. 

I said that earlier. That doesn't mean it will stay that way, sadly, especially as more variants crop up.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

I said that earlier. That doesn't mean it will stay that way, sadly, especially as more variants crop up.
    Missed that part but still what are we supposed to do going forward? We are not going to force vaccinations on people and as you said variants will continue to crop up. It sounds to me like you are good to not go to shows for awhile. Does that mean that the rest of us have to suffer no shows too? 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

Agreed.  I don't like commenting on the never-ending Covid talk on the boards, but...

• >95%+/- effective at preventing serious illness and death from Delta or any other known strain.
    • The most vulnerable in the U.S. (elderly, co-morbidities, etc.) have been vaccinated or have the opportunity to get it.
    • Sporting events, concerts, etc. have been taking place with no known issue.

If we don't get on with life we'll be stuck in neutral forever.  And for those that don't want to attend a show, no problem.  It is not mandatory.

PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

Missed that part but still what are we supposed to do going forward? We are not going to force vaccinations on people and as you said variants will continue to crop up. It sounds to me like you are good to not go to shows for awhile. Does that mean that the rest of us have to suffer no shows too? 
    I'm not arguing what people should or shouldn't do, I'm just saying that there is a lot that can change in a short period of time and the band seems like they are not in a rush to get out there because of that. 

As for me, no, I have no interest cramming shoulder to shoulder with 20k people that may or may not be vaccinated. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    ComeToTX said:
    If they’re waiting for Covid to be gone then we’ve seen their last show. 
    Yep
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

Agreed.  I don't like commenting on the never-ending Covid talk on the boards, but...

• >95%+/- effective at preventing serious illness and death from Delta or any other known strain.
    • The most vulnerable in the U.S. (elderly, co-morbidities, etc.) have been vaccinated or have the opportunity to get it.
    • Sporting events, concerts, etc. have been taking place with no known issue.

If we don't get on with life we'll be stuck in neutral forever.  And for those that don't want to attend a show, no problem.  It is not mandatory.

The third bullet is the most relevant thing anyone has said.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I don't think their waiting for Covid19 to be completely gone.   They seem to be giving it some time to ensure vaccines really did make it manageable.  IE that between say now and when a tour happens, that somethings doesn't happen to make it widespread again.

I assumed they're being moderately cautious.  Doing a few outdoor festivals to test the waters, then making up the postponed shows early next year.

I don't think they're not going to play again.  I think they're being moderately cautious and ensuring the positive situation we're in now holds up.

That being said, I do like the idea of fully vaxxed shows.  Seems like the safest way to do a show right now.  I suppose if you have 4 or 5 months lag time between announcing a tour, and playing the tour, something could go south again (like a variant the vaccine doesn't work on), but I dunno. I think Covid is going to be around a while.  You sort of have to work around it.

I understand PJ being cautious.  It probably weighs on them what happened at Roskilde, and they probably don't want fans dying because they went to a show.   I understand why they would want to wade back into it, instead of jumping head first like some other bands are doing.
  • 10LordsALeaping10LordsALeaping Posts: 171
    edited July 2021
    People who won't get the vaccine shouldn't be allowed to go to large public events.  Why allow ignorant and stupid behavior.  It's those who won't get the vaccine that are variant factories.
    My wife is a nurse and the vaccine refusal idiocy is single-handedly keeping us locked in this Covid loop.
    In regards to that "third bullet" there is a huge uptick in hospitalizations, so they are getting sick somewhere.  There is a decent chance it was at a large public event, maybe concerts, sports, or christian churches where an abnormal amount of those people are not vaccinated.
    The silence gets weirder and less related to Covid by the day.  The entire country has essentially been maskless and restrictions less for 6 weeks + now and like someone said, there have been sporting events and concerts, both indoors and outdoors, without any issue.

While the Delta variant could be of concern to some, the fact still remains that vaccines are effective against this.

Also, while the Delta variant may be the most common cause of COVID at the moment, its important to look at how low total case numbers and deaths remain today.  The fact that numbers are this low AFTER 6 weeks of running wild and free, I dont think its really ever going to get better (or worse in my opinion)

Im not saying they're breaking up, thats obviously not the case as theyre playing a festival in two months.  But something weird is going on internally, maybe something personal that the fans dont and shouldn't know about.  I dont know.  But, there is literally no other reason for the complete and total silence at this point.

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I would love to be a fly on the wall when this band and their management team discuss tour plans. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    People who won't get the vaccine shouldn't be allowed to go to large public events.  Why allow ignorant and stupid behavior.  It's those who won't get the vaccine that are variant factories.
    My wife is a nurse and the vaccine refusal idiocy is single-handedly keeping us locked in this Covid loop.
    In regards to that "third bullet" there is a huge uptick in hospitalizations, so they are getting sick somewhere.  There is a decent chance it was at a large public event, maybe concerts, sports, or christian churches where an abnormal amount of those people are not vaccinated.
    Not sure I would call this a "huge" uptick in hospitalizations.  It is also of note that almost all of these cases are in unvaccinated individuals and in "red" states, especially Arkansas which has a 35% vaccination rate

edited July 2021
    I don't want to get bogged down in descriptors, but there is an uptick nonetheless and it's as you said in red states with unfortunate low vaccine rates. 
    Some of the rooms at my wife's hospital were converted back to 'normal' rooms and now they had to reconvert them to Covid rooms, again.  It's not good. 
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

A lot of scientist are questioning the Israel numbers and want a peer reviewed study on the delta variant study of 63% effectiveness but for some reason Israel is not  share the data.

I want to see more evidence , also cases rising can be seen as an issue in the south and thru Texas with very low vaccination rates. 33% of all new cases are coming from just five states ( Florida , Louisiana , Arkansas , Missouri and Nevada. I think right now we are getting ahead of ourselves. My state saw an uptick in cases last week , our whole state went from 177 cases to 186 cases so increases of less than 10 in a single state is not like the winter when 200K cases a day were coming in.

Not to say we don't have a while too go but I also think as or right now the Delta variant is something I am only concerned about with unvaccinated , I still wear a mask when I grocery shop and I had both Pfizer shots in April.

Maybe being in New England is different as I think all of our states are in the top 10 of vaccinated residents.   

Matts3221 said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

A lot of scientist are questioning the Israel numbers and want a peer reviewed study on the delta variant study of 63% effectiveness but for some reason Israel is not  share the data.

I want to see more evidence , also cases rising can be seen as an issue in the south and thru Texas with very low vaccination rates. 33% of all new cases are coming from just five states ( Florida , Louisiana , Arkansas , Missouri and Nevada. I think right now we are getting ahead of ourselves. My state saw an uptick in cases last week , our whole state went from 177 cases to 186 cases so increases of less than 10 in a single state is not like the winter when 200K cases a day were coming in.

Not to say we don't have a while too go but I also think as or right now the Delta variant is something I am only concerned about with unvaccinated , I still wear a mask when I grocery shop and I had both Pfizer shots in April.

Maybe being in New England is different as I think all of our states are in the top 10 of vaccinated residents.   

Agreed.  The delta variant should make unvaccinated people very concerned about their own health, but for the vaccinated people, I wouldn't worry about it for a second

Unfortunately, the media is making it sound way worse than it actually is (not surprising)

Again, the case numbers and death numbers for us being completely open for 6 weeks should make everyone feel great about coronavirus.  We are moving and continue to move forward with this, regardless of what the media says.  Let me know when we get back to even approaching the December-January numbers and ill come back here, say we f****d up and that I was wrong.  
    edited July 2021
    Matts3221 said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

Agreed.  The delta variant should make unvaccinated people very concerned about their own health, but for the vaccinated people, I wouldn't worry about it for a second

Unfortunately, the media is making it sound way worse than it actually is (not surprising)

Again, the case numbers and death numbers for us being completely open for 6 weeks should make everyone feel great about coronavirus.  We are moving and continue to move forward with this, regardless of what the media says.  Let me know when we get back to even approaching the December-January numbers and ill come back here, say we f****d up and that I was wrong.  

I like how "the media" is being blamed.  People should be scared because as this goes on more variants will pop up and it will be because of the unvaccinated.
    If any media should shoulder the blame it's Fox news, OAN, and other conservative outlets for downplaying this death disaster.
    edited July 2021
    Matts3221 said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

I like how "the media" is being blamed.  People should be scared because as this goes on more variants will pop up and it will be because of the unvaccinated.
    If any media should shoulder the blame it's Fox news, OAN, and other conservative outlets for downplaying this death disaster.
    Variants were always going to pop up.  COVID was never going away.  Total eradication was never an option.  The unvaccinated are an insufferable crowd, I'm not arguing with you there.  But from the moment COVID became real, it became a part of our lives forever.  

And yes, I think the media tends to make things appear worse than they are all the time, not just covid related issues.  
    Matts3221 said:
    NewJPage said:
    Zod said:
    NewJPage said:
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:

All nice points.