Police abuse

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    another day, another person in my neighborhood killed by cop

I wonder if the 8 minutes and 46 seconds after being shot is more or less agonizing than suffocation

Specifics? Did he have a gun? Or was he just walking around minding his own business?
    you don't need specifics around this place...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:

I wonder if the 8 minutes and 46 seconds after being shot is more or less agonizing than suffocation

Specifics? Did he have a gun? Or was he just walking around minding his own business?
    Doesn’t matter...it was a deep thoughtful statement and you’re completely missing where (she?) is coming from. 
    It’s also a very sad statement but it’s true. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/minnesota/articles/2021-06-03/state-federal-agents-probe-police-shooting-in-minneapolis

US Marshals: 1 Man Dead During Arrest Attempt in Minneapolis

The shooting happened shortly after 2 p.m. Thursday. The U.S. Marshals said preliminary information indicates task force members were attempting to arrest a man wanted on a state warrant for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The man, who was in a parked car, didn't comply with law enforcement and “produced a handgun resulting in task force members firing upon the subject,” the U.S. Marshals said in a statement. Task force members attempted life-saving measures, but he died at the scene, they said.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:

Doesn’t matter...it was a deep thoughtful statement and you’re completely missing where (she?) is coming from. 
    It’s also a very sad statement but it’s true. 
    Yes. It does matter. Context matters. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    Maybe the murder rate would be lower if they focused on the real crime?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CM2V92UFDRd/?utm_medium=copy_link
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    It’s about the power and the adrenaline rush.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/police-officer-sued-for-flipping-pregnant-womans-car-when-she-didnt-stop-fast-enough/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

“She should have complied!”  Well, she did. She did exactly what the state textbook said she should do. She knew the law, and the cop didn’t.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    OnWis97 said:

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/police-officer-sued-for-flipping-pregnant-womans-car-when-she-didnt-stop-fast-enough/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

“She should have complied!”  Well, she did. She did exactly what the state textbook said she should do. She knew the law, and the cop didn’t.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    OnWis97 said:

What a fucking moron...

When he initially lit her up the spotlight went right on, wtf?  Fire him and put him in prison.
    Now there’s some great context!  She looked like the most violent person I’ve ever seen.   Now I get it. CONTEXT truly does matter. Shows what egotistical asses most of these cops are.   
    Now there’s some great context!  She looked like the most violent person I’ve ever seen.   Now I get it. CONTEXT truly does matter. Shows what egotistical asses most of these cops are.   
    They aren't all like this...
    You’re right...usually the cop kills the disobedient citizen 
    Wondering your thoughts on gun ownership?
    Context does matter. Nice to see you pop back into the “context “ discussion a week later when it’s convenient. 
    I’m fine with the 2nd amendment but it needs updated.  Now is that possible, probably not.  Too many guns out there to try and get them back voluntarily and too many that are illegal.  
    what does that question have to do with cops who take advantage of their power?  Or are you just asking for general purposes and genuine curiosity? 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Context does matter. Nice to see you pop back into the “context “ discussion a week later when it’s convenient. 
    Wow!  You have no fucking clue what I’ve been doing the past week and try not to flatter yourself that much ....responding to YOU was not exactly top priority and I don’t visit daily.  
    So when did you get your PJ job monitoring the forum -and when did posting deadlines become part of the rules of membership?  You’re just upset you got one-upped. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Wow!  You have no fucking clue what I’ve been doing the past week and try not to flatter yourself that much ....responding to YOU was not exactly top priority and I don’t visit daily.  
    So when did you get your PJ job monitoring the forum -and when did posting deadlines become part of the rules of membership?  You’re just upset you got one-upped. 
    This is insane.  Upset I got one upped? Who’s keeping score? Pretty sad statement honestly. Judging from the tone of your post it seems you’re the one who is upset. Why? I have no clue. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    This is insane.  Upset I got one upped? Who’s keeping score? Pretty sad statement honestly. Judging from the tone of your post it seems you’re the one who is upset. Why? I have no clue. 
    I’m not upset about anything other than the topic which is police abuse.  Let me know when I’m allowed to post again ok
    edited June 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m not upset about anything other than the topic which is police abuse.  Let me know when I’m allowed to post again ok
    Who said anything about you not being allowed? Wow. What an over reaction. You came back to this thread , conveniently, as soon as that other story was shared here and made a post talking about context. In bold might I add. And you’re throwing a fit when I respond. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Who said anything about you not being allowed? Wow. What an over reaction. You came back to this thread , conveniently, as soon as that other story was shared here and made a post talking about context. In bold might I add. And you’re throwing a fit when I respond. 
    I’m not throwing a fit - we have conflicting opinions about police abuse and again, you don’t know me so you can’t assume anything about me conveniently responding.  I do believe my yearly membership allows me to respond when I want.  Why are you attacking me when all I did was agree that context does matter, not for the reason you mentioned but a good reason nevertheless.  
    Here’s to hoping another black, white, brown person isn’t harassed (or killed) by a police officer today. 
    I’m fine with the 2nd amendment but it needs updated.  Now is that possible, probably not.  Too many guns out there to try and get them back voluntarily and too many that are illegal.  
    what does that question have to do with cops who take advantage of their power?  Or are you just asking for general purposes and genuine curiosity? 
    Generally curious.  Had you pegged for a full ban type person.

I was wrong.
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m not throwing a fit - we have conflicting opinions about police abuse and again, you don’t know me so you can’t assume anything about me conveniently responding.  I do believe my yearly membership allows me to respond when I want.  Why are you attacking me when all I did was agree that context does matter, not for the reason you mentioned but a good reason nevertheless.  
    Here’s to hoping another black, white, brown person isn’t harassed (or killed) by a police officer today. 
    Ok. Im sorry. I genuinely didn’t feel like I was attacking you. If you feel that way, that’s all that matters and  I apologize 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    OnWis97 said:

Saw that this morning. This is ridiculous. I’m surprised he doesn’t have to radio in and get permission to to the PIT to begin with. 
    She put her hazards on, clearly wasn’t speeding up to flee. I don’t feel safe pulling over on the side of the freeway like that and especially at night. She wasn’t a known violent offender trying to flee, no reason to do this, especially after only 10 seconds.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    The problem with the law in this case is it’s subjective. What’s safe for the cop may not seem safe for the driver. I won’t be surprised to see laws like this changed to be more explicit and define unsafe conditions, like a shoulder less than x feet wide, etc.
    As I said above, still incredibly stupid thing for the cop to do.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mace1229 said:
    The problem with the law in this case is it’s subjective. What’s safe for the cop may not seem safe for the driver. I won’t be surprised to see laws like this changed to be more explicit and define unsafe conditions, like a shoulder less than x feet wide, etc.
    i wouldn't call doing a PIT move on a speeding vehicle that wasn't fleeing subjective. that is never necessary in that situation. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I was wrong.
    Well then I hope it was a good surprise.  I sit in the middle or right more often than people think. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ok. Im sorry. I genuinely didn’t feel like I was attacking you. If you feel that way, that’s all that matters and  I apologize 
    I’m sorry too.  My writing is much more harsh than how I really feel.....trying to work on it.  Again, my apologies! 

I was wrong.
    Well then I hope it was a good surprise.  I sit in the middle or right more often than people think. 
    I'm called a commie around my conservative friends and a republican around my liberal friends.  I keep telling both sides that I am even keel, lol.
    mace1229 said:
    i wouldn't call doing a PIT move on a speeding vehicle that wasn't fleeing subjective. that is never necessary in that situation. 
    Agree.  I can only imagine how scared she must have been.....especially when the car flipped.  
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m sorry too.  My writing is much more harsh than how I really feel.....trying to work on it.  Again, my apologies! 
    All good. 
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited June 2021
    Closed for review. ok, done.

The Power of an Apology. That would make a good book title.
    If everyone is chilling now, I'll reopen the thread. Some topics get too hot. 
    It's important to discuss the topic, though, NOT each other. 
    Please be chill so I don't have to make anyone read-only.
    No consequences = no change and forum environment suffers.
    Thank you for taking this guidance to heart.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down