Cancelled!

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I put ketchup on my bread sticks. 
    Bitch please.  I mix mustard in my alfredo sauce.  It's the bomb.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    The only good thing about Olive Garden is the salad.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429

wrong,  the best thing about olive garden is one minute past closing.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mickeyrat said:

wrong,  the best thing about olive garden is one minute past closing.
    Noooo, it's grabbing a table with Scar Jo.
    https://youtu.be/-SmUVySf85s
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Wait so Qpublicans cry foul about cancel culture but see nothing wrong with canceling Cheney lol 
    I shared an article about it on facebook and sarcastically said "cancel culture strikes again." A qanon dope I want to high school with replied "bye felicia." I don't think they even see the irony. So many of them are so far gone. 
    surprised you are even friends with that dope. i purged all of those people. i mean the fellow classmates that never left home. the ones that think olive garden is fine dining. the ones that think that educated immigrants are coming to take their $7.25 an hour job. you know the ones. 
    Wait, Olive Garden isn't fine dining?  But them breadsticks though!?! Cmon!!!
    lol the breadsticks are pretty good, i will give them that.

i think the only acceptable use of the word "fine" with regard to olive garden is the following:

me-  "hun, do you want to go eat at olive garden tonight?"

gf- "not really, but i don't feel like eating at home, so that's fine."
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Wait so Qpublicans cry foul about cancel culture but see nothing wrong with canceling Cheney lol 
    I shared an article about it on facebook and sarcastically said "cancel culture strikes again." A qanon dope I want to high school with replied "bye felicia." I don't think they even see the irony. So many of them are so far gone. 
    surprised you are even friends with that dope. i purged all of those people. i mean the fellow classmates that never left home. the ones that think olive garden is fine dining. the ones that think that educated immigrants are coming to take their $7.25 an hour job. you know the ones. 

i think the only acceptable use of the word "fine" with regard to olive garden is the following:

Fine.
    I quit cooking for you.
    Blindfolded I can make better pasta than anything they can serve us for way more than it should cost.
    Fine.
    We can go there...but just do not ever ask me to cook for you again!

(Actually I did go there about 6 years ago when my nephew wanted to go.  It was disgusting, gluey, just.....vomit.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Fine.
    I quit cooking for you.
    Blindfolded I can make better pasta than anything they can serve us for way more than it should cost.
    Fine.

(Actually I did go there about 6 years ago when my nephew wanted to go.  It was disgusting, gluey, just.....vomit.)
    I haven't been in years.

Maybe Olive Garden should get cancelled?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589

Fine.
    I quit cooking for you.
    Fine.

I haven't been in years.

hahaha.
    They do employ a lot of people and if you have no idea what decent pasta tastes like, or don't really care, it is OK, I guess. 
    They don't get any of my money but there are plenty who think it is great. 
    FSM knows I eat stuff (and pay higher prices than OG) that many Americans would not even try.  

Fine.
    I quit cooking for you.
    Fine.

I haven't been in years.

hahaha.
    They do employ a lot of people and if you have no idea what decent pasta tastes like, or don't really care, it is OK, I guess. 
    They don't get any of my money but there are plenty who think it is great. 
    FSM knows I eat stuff (and pay higher prices than OG) that many Americans would not even try.  
    Last time I was there was my only option before I found a nice Italian place in AZ.  That was 03.  Haven't been since.

I enjoy a good noodle.  Homemade ramen noodles?  Yes please.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Olive Garden isn't that bad. I rarely go anymore though, used to in in my 20s a lot when they did that all you can eat, and they'd even give you a giant to go box to fill up. Its not authentic, that doesn't make it bad. I love Orange Chicken, but good luck finding that anywhere in China. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mace1229 said:
    Olive Garden isn't that bad. I rarely go anymore though, used to in in my 20s a lot when they did that all you can eat, and they'd even give you a giant to go box to fill up. Its not authentic, that doesn't make it bad. I love Orange Chicken, but good luck finding that anywhere in China. 
    yeah, it's no mom and pop italian joint, but it's great for families. way better than taking them to McDick's at least. (I realize this is a low bar, but you get it). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited May 2021
    mace1229 said:
    yeah, it's no mom and pop italian joint, but it's great for families. way better than taking them to McDick's at least. (I realize this is a low bar, but you get it). 
    I remember this place from high school. We used to skip out on lunch period, and go to OG for unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks. It was better than anything my school cafeteria would be offering (another low bar), for sure. I used to ask for a side of alfredo for breadstick dipping.

I don't know if I've ever had an actual dish from the place, though. I don't like Italian-style pasta much anyway.

I love ramen, though. And udon. And pad kee mao. And Singapore mei fun noodles. And pho.

The other place nearby we used to frequent was called Perkins. They had decent muffins. I don't know if they're still in business, though.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mace1229 said:
    I remember this place from high school. We used to skip out on lunch period, and go to OG for unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks. It was better than anything my school cafeteria would be offering (another low bar), for sure. I used to ask for a side of alfredo for breadstick dipping.

I don't know if I've ever had an actual dish from the place, though. I don't like Italian-style pasta much anyway.

I love ramen, though. And udon. And pad kee mao. And Singapore mei fun noodles. And pho.

The other place nearby we used to frequent was called Perkins. They had decent muffins. I don't know if they're still in business, though.
    Perkins I saw down south 10 years ago.  It's just another name for Dennys, Cracker Barrel, TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, etc.
    dankind said:
    mace1229 said:

Perkins I saw down south 10 years ago.  It's just another name for Dennys, Cracker Barrel, TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, etc.
    Dennys is the lowest of that group. I don't get the craze over Cracker Barrel, but it is better than the rest. Never been to Perkins, but they have one  a few miles away and my wife keeps saying we should go. Haven't made it in 9 years though. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mace1229 said:
    dankind said:
    mace1229 said:

Dennys is the lowest of that group. I don't get the craze over Cracker Barrel, but it is better than the rest. Never been to Perkins, but they have one  a few miles away and my wife keeps saying we should go. Haven't made it in 9 years though. 
    Ah, so they are still in business. I can only vouch for the muffins. Those were very good, and a meal in themselves.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I think everyone (with some exceptions) should get the vax. I don't think it should be required though. If you have it, your risk is very minimal. Many people are being told by their doctors to not get the vaccine. I have several coworkers who are considering having a family in the near future and their dr said to skip the vaccine if they plan to get pregnant in the next 6 months. They aren't the only group either. 
    I got the vaccine. I don't really care what anyone else choses to do.  And with the vaccine being available to anyone who wants it, I think its about time to significantly reduce restrictions. If you don't want the vaccine, fine. If you're not comfortable with the lower restrictions, fine, you dont have to go out to eat, go to concerts, the movies, etc. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    mace1229 said:

Never eaten at any of those. Maybe due to LA having such diverse (and better quality) culinary offerings here...? Most are fairly affordable too. 
    Only reason I know of Perkins is because Tiger Woods used to fish there for his side pieces.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mace1229 said:
    I think everyone (with some exceptions) should get the vax. I don't think it should be required though. If you have it, your risk is very minimal. Many people are being told by their doctors to not get the vaccine. I have several coworkers who are considering having a family in the near future and their dr said to skip the vaccine if they plan to get pregnant in the next 6 months. They aren't the only group either. 
    I got the vaccine. I don't really care what anyone else choses to do.  And with the vaccine being available to anyone who wants it, I think its about time to significantly reduce restrictions. If you don't want the vaccine, fine. If you're not comfortable with the lower restrictions, fine, you dont have to go out to eat, go to concerts, the movies, etc. 

It's a shame if their doctors really are counselling people not to get the vaccine if they are considering pregnancy, since they're putting themselves and potentially the fetus at risk. Pregnant women are considered higher risk for worse outcomes from covid. 

Which other group is being advised to skip the vaccine?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Only reason I know of Perkins is because Tiger Woods used to fish there for his side pieces.

Perkins is good shit. Or at least it was when I was in college. I think I've been to one once since then. I remember them having decent panini sandwiches. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mace1229 said:

It's a shame if their doctors really are counselling people not to get the vaccine if they are considering pregnancy, since they're putting themselves and potentially the fetus at risk. Pregnant women are considered higher risk for worse outcomes from covid. 

If this is actually happening, it's gotta be an extremely small percentage of doctors. My sister in law is a pharmacist and she got hers primarily because she's pregnant. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2021
    mace1229 said:

It’s all hearsay to me, but I know of 2 females at my work who told me that’s what their dr said. The argument was while there is no evidence that it’s harmful for a pregnancy, there has also been no studies on it. At least one of those 2 got the vaccine anyway. But still, a reason I don’t agree with a vaccine mandate.
    Ive also known some people who recently recovered from covid who are advised not to get the vaccine. At least not yet. That would be the other group. Also I believe people with a history of severe allergies to medication or allergies to any of the ingredients, but I don’t know of anyone and not sure how common that is. 
    There’s also limited or no information on other groups, like those undergoing cancer treatment and other major medical treatments. 
    I personally would probably get vaxed in most of those situations, but I don’t agree with forcing everyone to.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    edited May 2021
    Two members of my extended family have been going through chemo treatments on and off for years and rushed to get the vaccine. Their doctors told them too since their immune systems are obviously compromised and Covid could easily kill them. 

Are you saying the doctors of the folks you know going through chemo told them NOT to get the vaccine?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Welp, after the news from yesterday I guess we can throw (1) the coronavirus and (b) the coronavirus thread onto the list of things that have been canceled.
    Yeah, people have "cancelled" COVID-19.
    Perhaps someone should alert India, where almost 4,000 people died yesterday from it.
    Or the more than 750 people in the USA, if you were only thinking about America and not the rest of the world.

edited May 2021
    Two members of my extended family have been going through chemo treatments on and off for years and rushed to get the vaccine. Their doctors told them too since their immune systems are obviously compromised and Covid could easily kill them. 

Are you saying the doctors of the folks you know going through chemo told them NOT to get the vaccine?
    I haven’t spoken to anyone with cancer about the vaccine. But there are questions and limited research on it. From the America Cancer Society website:

Many expert medical groups recommend that most patients with cancer or a history of cancer should get a COVID-19 vaccine. Since the situation for every person is different, it is best to discuss the risks and benefits of getting the COVID-19 vaccine with your cancer doctor, who can advise you.  

So while they say it’s safe for most, they imply there are likely exceptions and to talk to your dr first. Which is all I claimed, limited information in some instances. While I personally probably would get it under those circumstances, I don’t think a mandate is right at this time.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Perhaps someone should alert India, where almost 4,000 people died yesterday from it.
    Or the more than 750 people in the USA, if you were only thinking about America and not the rest of the world.

America First baby
    mace1229 said:

I haven’t spoken to anyone with cancer about the vaccine. But there are questions and limited research on it. From the America Cancer Society website:

Many expert medical groups recommend that most patients with cancer or a history of cancer should get a COVID-19 vaccine. Since the situation for every person is different, it is best to discuss the risks and benefits of getting the COVID-19 vaccine with your cancer doctor, who can advise you.  

So while they say it’s safe for most, they imply there are likely exceptions and to talk to your dr first. Which is all I claimed, limited information in some instances. While I personally probably would get it under those circumstances, I don’t think a mandate is right at this time.
    Brand new vaccine. Of course there is limited info. lol

The way you started your posts about this stuff saying "many people are being told by their docs not to get it", I was under the assumption you heard that doctors were advising cancer patients to not get it, which I think is nuts. Of course everyone's situation is different though.

Thanks for clarifying!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2021

America First baby
    Heard a joke this morning:

Q: If nobody is wearing masks, how are we supposed to know who had the vaccine? 

A: Just ask them who won the election.

ba dum dum.......ching .
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

America First baby
    Heard a joke this morning:

if nobody is wearing masks, how are we supposed to know who had the vaccine? 

Just ask them who won the election.

ba dum dum.......ching .
    That is brilliant
    I'm so going to use that