The new 'I f***in' feeel like talking about 'Riot Act' thread.

Comments

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    You know what else is cool that I haven't heard around? All or None. Now there's a gem.
  • hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    danny72688 wrote:
    You know what else is cool that I haven't heard around? All or None. Now there's a gem.

you missed my post about all or none, dude. i said that is the song that propels the album to awesome status. what a clutch closing song with a huge mc cready crazy solo. all or none is in the running for best RA song. don't worry bro, i certainly didn't forget that one. i think can't keep doesn't get enough props
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
    hugepjfan wrote:
    you missed my post about all or none, dude. i said that is the song that propels the album to awesome status. what a clutch closing song with a huge mc cready crazy solo. all or none is in the running for best RA song. don't worry bro, i certainly didn't forget that one. i think can't keep doesn't get enough props

Whoops, sorry I missed the All or None post (I'm all over the message board tonight). Cant Keep is such a good song. I love that drumbeat. So unique, and the guitar before Eddie sings, just brings a smile to my face :D Bass kicks ass too!
    danny72688 wrote:
    Whoops, sorry I missed the All or None post (I'm all over the message board tonight). Cant Keep is such a good song. I love that drumbeat. So unique, and the guitar before Eddie sings, just brings a smile to my face :D Bass kicks ass too!

I never paid extra attention to Can't Keep until I heard it on Beneroyal....that performance put that song is a totally different light for me....now I completely fucking love it
    HugePJFan
    hugepjfan wrote:
    I never paid extra attention to Can't Keep until I heard it on Beneroyal....that performance put that song is a totally different light for me....now I completely fucking love it

I'm listening to it now :) That drumming is so good!
  • dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    only song that i sometimes don't like:
    get right.

i love the bass, but the guitar is sometimes grating. depends on the day i listen to it.
    dkfan9
    danny72688 wrote:
    I'm listening to it now :) That drumming is so good!

You've twisted my arm, I'm putting it on now too
    HugePJFan
    dkfan9 wrote:
    only song that i sometimes don't like:
    get right.

i love the bass, but the guitar is sometimes grating. depends on the day i listen to it.

We need to have a talk ;) Get Right kicks ass!
    hugepjfan wrote:
    You've twisted my arm, I'm putting it on now too

YES! While you're at it you should also listen to Ghost and 1/2 Full (which kind of reminds me of Deep).
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    danny72688 wrote:
    YES! While you're at it you should also listen to Ghost and 1/2 Full (which kind of reminds me of Deep).

I feel betrayed. I thought you were our new prodigy at the YIELD thread. Fanch will not be happy about your participation over here. ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    danny72688 wrote:
    I'm listening to the whole album, fuck it!
    HugePJFan
    I feel betrayed. I thought you were our new prodigy at the YIELD thread. Fanch will not be happy about your participation over here. ;)

I can't be in love with Riot Act too ;) ? This thread was closer, I've been trying with the Yield one but nobody's there!

Yieldinhiding, we love Yield more, but tonight we're just giving RA some well deserved props, its all good!
    HugePJFan
    danny72688 wrote:
    I can't be in love with Riot Act too ;) ? This thread was closer, I've been trying with the Yield one but nobody's there!

I've been working on some homework tonight so I haven't been watching until now. Now I'm listening to Ten. :)
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Reason to love "Riot Act" # 71: The little schitzo guitars all over "You Are."
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
    I've been working on some homework tonight so I haven't been watching until now. Now I'm listening to Ten. :)

I'll be back to Yield when people talk with me there! As I do like it better than Riot Act (shhhh, don't let anyone here know that ;) )
    jammerfall wrote:
    Reason to love "Riot Act" # 71: The little schitzo guitars all over "You Are."

Ever heard You Are fucked up? Jaw dropping.
    hugepjfan wrote:
    Yieldinhiding, we love Yield more, but tonight we're just giving RA some well deserved props, its all good!

It's alright, fanch isn't even around tonight. Riot Act away.....

I still say LBC is the most solid song on RA.
    It's alright, fanch isn't even around tonight. Riot Act away.....

I still say LBC is the most solid song on RA.

I can't argue with that....I happen to agree. It should have been the first single. Its complex and revealing, you know, with the whole Denmark thing. "constant recoil" "if life becomes too long, will it add to our regret?"
    HugePJFan
    It's a cheesy title. That's what I can't stand about it.
    Reason to love "Riot Act" #17: "1/2 Full." Funky. Can we say funky? I think we can.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
    jammerfall wrote:
    Reason to love "Riot Act" #17: "1/2 Full." Funky. Can we say funky? I think we can.

And it brings up some DEEP memories!
    danny72688 wrote:
    Ever heard You Are fucked up? Jaw dropping.

I just did!
    jammerfall wrote:
    I just did!

That shit was great wasn't it?!
    danny72688 wrote:
    And it brings up some DEEP memories!

Uh-huh...I get it.
    jammerfall wrote:
    Uh-huh...I get it.

Good, thought I was pumping a dry well with that reference!
    jammerfall wrote:

I like the live 1/2 full much better than studio...it is a total live song. I love the Stone rare solo at the end just before the concluding jammout. it just doesn't sound the same on the studio. But I do love half full, no doub
    HugePJFan
    danny72688 wrote:
    Good, thought I was pumping a dry well with that reference!

Sorry, I was between bong hits.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    i will agree that the production of this album is very good.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    jammerfall wrote:
    Sorry, I was between bong hits.

Goddamn I feel so much better now. God bless plants, very precious plants of all varieties
    HugePJFan