Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    Trigger warning. My post may offend you. Retreat to your safe space if necessary. 

I despise MJT as much as everyone. But I feel like the other Congresswoman's planting of the flag and then posting it on Twitter just wasn't necessary. It was a symbolic display designed to instigate an argument and we can't be surprised that MJT would provide her own retort. I mean, really, did anyone expect that MJT would look at the flag and say, "oh my gosh, I've been wrong all these years." Of course she would escalate the issue with a sign of bigotry. Duh!

I believe the more mature, stately thing would have been to declare victory for transgender people, leave fucking MJT's name out of the victory speech, and let her stew in her own shit until she drowns in it. Provoking her intentionally isn't going to make her go away. It just gives her more oxygen. She thrives on a fight. Don't give her one.

And can we just stop planting flags altogether? The obsession with symbols, I just don't get. 

What is the deal with "the other Congresswoman's planting of the flag and then posting it on Twitter"?  What other Congresswoman?  What was this about?

"let her stew in her own shit until she drowns in it. Provoking her intentionally isn't going to make her go away. It just gives her more oxygen. She thrives on a fight. Don't give her one."

That  makes good sense.  She seems like the type of person that thrives on attention, even (maybe especially) negative attention.  Just like Trump.  People like that have failed to move on from some stage  (or stages) of development or growth.  In some ways they are still children.  Feeding their endless hunger for attention can be dangerous and only makes them more unbalanced.  

I read the whole article attached to the tweet. The sign she hung in the hallway was after Congresswoman Newman with the transgender daughter tweeted about about her first, triggering her on purpose by planting a rainbow flag next to the American flag by her door. She staged  a middle school drama move on Twitter, and then the response was even worse, of course, but the whole thing together was two grown women acting like mean girls when they're supposed to be governing the United States. Enough already. 
    No. One person showing love and support, the other showing hate.

But of course there is always somebody who is going to both sides this.
    I don't know that there's a 'both sides' argument, but I would question whether the D congresswoman twitting about it was productive or counter-productive.  Does giving MTG a reason to pick a fight, be a victim, give a platform help us or hurt us?  I don't know the answer to that, but there's certainly an argument to ignore her ignorant ass. 

post above yours has a quote from the other Rep.....
    yeah I know.  But I think the D rep is the one that took it public if I'm not mistaken.  If so, I don't know that giving MTG the victim/radical platform is a good thing.  

yes, her quote on twitter with video. we're putting it so she can see it everyday doesnt suggest to me it was done in loving support of the trans community. it was done to piss off her neighbor.
    Exactly. That was my point. It wasn't a both side-ism. It was a suggestion that grown women fighting on Twitter is an embarrassment. The comments from Newman's constituents on her feed say it all . . . Can you just get to work, please? My own Congresswoman posted about the posts about the posts (it's fucking endless) and I said the same thing to her. 

But some people just like to pull out "It's both sides" any time they don't understand the purpose of a critique. 
    You compared them equally, that's both sides. While one side is righteous the other bigoted.

Standing up for equal rights (and your child) against a bigot is not an embarrassment. It's the right thing to do, I think every leader should do it. If she represented me I would be proud of her, showing some Democrat backbone.

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Oh, good grief, I did not compare them equally. Read it again. At least TWICE that I remember, I said one of them is WORSE. I actually used the fucking word WORSE. Look up the word WORSE is the dictionary. You need some critical thinking lessons.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    It’s like it’s not ok to point out something that’s bad just because somebody else did something worse. It gets old. People need to use critical thinking skills.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    dignin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    Trigger warning. My post may offend you. Retreat to your safe space if necessary. 

I despise MJT as much as everyone. But I feel like the other Congresswoman's planting of the flag and then posting it on Twitter just wasn't necessary. It was a symbolic display designed to instigate an argument and we can't be surprised that MJT would provide her own retort. I mean, really, did anyone expect that MJT would look at the flag and say, "oh my gosh, I've been wrong all these years." Of course she would escalate the issue with a sign of bigotry. Duh!

I believe the more mature, stately thing would have been to declare victory for transgender people, leave fucking MJT's name out of the victory speech, and let her stew in her own shit until she drowns in it. Provoking her intentionally isn't going to make her go away. It just gives her more oxygen. She thrives on a fight. Don't give her one.

And can we just stop planting flags altogether? The obsession with symbols, I just don't get. 

What is the deal with "the other Congresswoman's planting of the flag and then posting it on Twitter"?  What other Congresswoman?  What was this about?

"let her stew in her own shit until she drowns in it. Provoking her intentionally isn't going to make her go away. It just gives her more oxygen. She thrives on a fight. Don't give her one."

That  makes good sense.  She seems like the type of person that thrives on attention, even (maybe especially) negative attention.  Just like Trump.  People like that have failed to move on from some stage  (or stages) of development or growth.  In some ways they are still children.  Feeding their endless hunger for attention can be dangerous and only makes them more unbalanced.  

I read the whole article attached to the tweet. The sign she hung in the hallway was after Congresswoman Newman with the transgender daughter tweeted about about her first, triggering her on purpose by planting a rainbow flag next to the American flag by her door. She staged  a middle school drama move on Twitter, and then the response was even worse, of course, but the whole thing together was two grown women acting like mean girls when they're supposed to be governing the United States. Enough already. 

I don't know that there's a 'both sides' argument, but I would question whether the D congresswoman twitting about it was productive or counter-productive.  Does giving MTG a reason to pick a fight, be a victim, give a platform help us or hurt us?  I don't know the answer to that, but there's certainly an argument to ignore her ignorant ass. 

post above yours has a quote from the other Rep.....
    yeah I know.  But I think the D rep is the one that took it public if I'm not mistaken.  If so, I don't know that giving MTG the victim/radical platform is a good thing.  

yes, her quote on twitter with video. we're putting it so she can see it everyday doesnt suggest to me it was done in loving support of the trans community. it was done to piss off her neighbor.
    Exactly. That was my point. It wasn't a both side-ism. It was a suggestion that grown women fighting on Twitter is an embarrassment. The comments from Newman's constituents on her feed say it all . . . Can you just get to work, please? My own Congresswoman posted about the posts about the posts (it's fucking endless) and I said the same thing to her. 

But some people just like to pull out "It's both sides" any time they don't understand the purpose of a critique. 
    You compared them equally, that's both sides. While one side is righteous the other bigoted.

Standing up for equal rights (and your child) against a bigot is not an embarrassment. It's the right thing to do, I think every leader should do it. If she represented me I would be proud of her, showing some Democrat backbone.

Totally agree I’m glad she did that screw the bigot B.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:

agreed. 

greene is in control of how she reacts to these things. she reacted childishly. if I was a congressperson and had a trans child I'd be putting up a flag outside my office too. imagine how inspiring that must make trans people feel? at the very least, it would have made her child beam with pride at who they are. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    did anybody see the video of her doing crossfit to own the libs and coronavirus??

it was the 2021 video equivalent of the video of uncle rico dropping back and sidearming a pigskin over them mountains.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    did anybody see the video of her doing crossfit to own the libs and coronavirus??

it was the 2021 video equivalent of the video of uncle rico dropping back and sidearming a pigskin over them mountains.

its easy to get out of shape doing nothing for a living
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

LOL apparently they are something called butterfly pull ups? or as I like to call them, the vertical worm. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

fish out of water

Canadian Blood Services: "Blood: it's in you to give"

greene and boebert: "Blood: it's yours, don't share it with god-hating heathens"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    415-2, and you can be sure these 2 will get re-elected in 2022.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Poncier said:
    I'm not so sure
    Georgia and Georgians seem to be proud of their gun toting racist.
    Colorado and Coloradoans seem to be embarrassed by theirs.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Poncier said:
    I'm not so sure
    Georgia and Georgians seem to be proud of their gun toting racist.
    Colorado and Coloradoans seem to be embarrassed by theirs.
    I agree, my daughter lives in Colorado Springs and can’t stand the woman or her politics. However they can be embarrassed all they want but with representatives only having targeted districts and not being State wide, they can continue to appeal to a narrow group of voters and still get elected. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    America First Caucus:  Greene and Gaetz latest attempt to preserve their prehistoric racist viewpoints.  These people think they are some kind of rebels, but they are simply revolting.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hard-right House Republicans on Friday were discussing forming an America First Caucus, which one document described as championing “Anglo-Saxon political traditions” and warning that mass immigration was putting the “unique identity” of the U.S. at risk.

The Associated Press obtained a copy of the paper, which was first reported by Punchbowl News, a news outlet covering Capitol Hill. The AP could not independently confirm the organization’s origins or current status, but Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla, said he was joining and indicated that fellow conservative Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., was behind it.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Why don’t they just come right out and say America is for white people only and get it over with? The sentiment is right there. If you are going to be a racist xenophobic person at least own it. Our “unique identity’ is the diversity that makes up our country. I would guess that no other country can match it. 
    Snowflake...

Marjorie Taylor Greene scraps planned launch of controversial 'America First' caucus amid blowback from GOP. http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_allpolitics/~3/-HaQkCSMr2g/index.html
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Snowflake...

Marjorie Taylor Greene scraps planned launch of controversial 'America First' caucus amid blowback from GOP. http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_allpolitics/~3/-HaQkCSMr2g/index.html

All together now..."awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"
    Well, good.  Now if she would just plan to scrap her plans to  continue on in politics.  I know... dream on...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

Really everyone already knew there was some sort of connection. To the people who think it mattered this isn’t a surprise. To the many who don’t care, it won’t make a difference. 
    hippiemom = goodness

Really everyone already knew there was some sort of connection. To the people who think it mattered this isn’t a surprise. To the many who don’t care, it won’t make a difference. 
    I wish someone told me the narrative changed before I got this no collusion coffee mug.

I wish someone told me the narrative changed before I got this no collusion coffee mug.

Made in China I assume 

Made in China I assume 
    Doesn’t say... but it isn’t made here. 🤣

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Poorly constructed railroad. Blame the Chinamen! #MuricaWorst
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hobbes said:
    Poorly constructed railroad. Blame the Chinamen! #MuricaWorst
    Not the preferred nomenclature. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    america first caucus will be back shortly. they basically said the quiet part out loud. give them a couple of weeks for this snafu to blow over and they will be back.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    america first caucus will be back shortly. they basically said the quiet part out loud. give them a couple of weeks for this snafu to blow over and they will be back.
    They haven't left. Its not like they got all "woke." Same as it ever was.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©