Police abuse

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    tbergs said:
    26 year veteran didn’t or couldn’t tell the difference between her taser and firearm?

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/media/publications/taser_intl_certification_plan_full.pdf

from the link, weight 18 ozs versus 33.3 for a 9mm with a 3-15 round mag (don’t call it a clip). Optional yellow color, why? Oh, MN had an instance of law enforcement mistakenly shooting someone with their firearm and not a taser in the past.

Why do you keep implying there is some sort of conspiracy to this? You make it sound like the cop wanted to kill someone and pretended she didnt know she had her firearm out instead of a taser. Did you watch the video? She fucked up for sure. It was a mistake. Cops aren't perfect and she'll face the consequences for that mistake as well. 

Liberals better get their act together. This is defund the police all over again. 

This is clearly not anything like the Floyd murder. The victim had two outstanding warrants, physically resisted arrest and lunged into his car. The cops had every right  to suspect the victim had a gun in the car. One of the outstanding warrants involved illegal carry. In the heat of battle, the cop made a terrible mistake. But the dangerous conditions were created by the victim. Where is the black community to admit breaking the law and resisting arrest is not acceptable conduct?

Liberals want trump elected in 2024? Ignoring the victim’s contributions to his own death and ignoring the danger he put the cops in with  his blatant disregard for authority will certainly help republicans sweep congress in 22 and Trump to win in 24.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    static111 said:
    I’m not buying the chief’s explanation. Designed to feel different from a gun under a blindfolded test subject handling. Trained to wear their gun on the dominant hand side. Here’s a photo of the cop. Had enough time to shout “taser” three times but didn’t realize she had her gun drawn? You’re buying that?

The confused for a taser has been used in the past to cover up for other extra judicial police murders.  They think we are that stupid.
    Are you serious? You think this is a cover-up so they could intentionally murder him. Fucking A...this country is so fucked if people can't recognize the difference between mistakes and intent. For sure, cops have gotten away with murder in the past because of lack of accountability, cameras and corruption, but this isn't one of those instances. For two people who've clamored on about bullshit republican conspiracy theories I'm surprised to see you both get on board so easily with this.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:

This is a terrible association. If these are the comparisons that people want to argue, then it's no different when police use the shootings of other cops as the reason for deadly force in any non-compliance situations. I'm not condoning this as much a I'm not condoning the "he should have just complied" crowd. Neither are an excuse for this situation.
    Sorry not even the same thing.  less than 100 police get killed in the line of duty versus them killing 1000 plus people a year.  And we know that a certain segment of the murdered by cop population takes more of this on per capita.   The police that do get killed in the line of duty by weapons are often times responding to actual violent acts that they signed up for, whereas the people that have been getting killed by police have largely been for some minor offense and “not complying”.   I’m sure you’ve seen the video of the army lieutenant that was going around recently.   People have more to fear from cops than cops have from people, statistically speaking.
    Where are you getting that? Using your numbers of 100 cops being killed they are at a much higher risk of being killed than the 350 million citizens who get killed at a rate of 1000 per year.
    Not defending what happened yesterday, but civilians are not in more danger of being killed by police than of police risk. It’s not even close.
    And I hate the argument “that’s what they signed up for.” That doesn’t make violence against police okay.

There is a big gulf between recognizing that there are occupational hazards in policing vs saying "violence against police is okay". It's almost as foolish to deny that police have to face the occupational hazard of dealing with violent situations as it would be to deny that those in the armed forces do, or that roofers have to deal with the occupational hazards of working at heights. Reasonable efforts should go in to reducing those risks but they will always exist, and strategies to mitigate those risks should not involve placing those being stopped or arrested at greater risk. 
    I agree with all that. I was just responding to the comment that citizens are in more danger from cops than cops are on the job. No matter how someone skews the data, that isn’t true. Then adds and when they do get killed, they signed up for it anyway. It just came across as callous towards police deaths to me.
    Callous, like saying he should have complied, or don’t build a rap sheet at 20 etc.  amazing the knots people will tie themselves in to justify an officer killing someone while putting the blame on the victim.  What about officer behaviors? maybe that’s what needs to change?  The fact remains that there are far more dangerous occupations than policing that cause more worker fatalities.  The amount of policemen getting killed and targeted for being policemen is negligible.  On the other hand the amount of young black men being killed by police for being young black men is an epidemic.     I’m sorry but the answer shouldn’t be in a free country that people need to comply.  And another thing who sees about the kids rap sheet.  Why don’t we hear about all the times this cop has been reprimanded etc And every detail of their past?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    I’m not buying the chief’s explanation. Designed to feel different from a gun under a blindfolded test subject handling. Trained to wear their gun on the dominant hand side. Here’s a photo of the cop. Had enough time to shout “taser” three times but didn’t realize she had her gun drawn? You’re buying that?

The confused for a taser has been used in the past to cover up for other extra judicial police murders.  They think we are that stupid.
    Are you serious? You think this is a cover-up so they could intentionally murder him. Fucking A...this country is so fucked if people can't recognize the difference between mistakes and intent. For sure, cops have gotten away with murder in the past because of lack of accountability, cameras and corruption, but this isn't one of those instances. For two people who've clamored on about bullshit republican conspiracy theories I'm surprised to see you both get on board so easily with this.
    I think it’s a cover up for our racist policing system.  I don’t think there is a larger conspiracy than that.  Anything to justify killing another person really especially if they aren’t white.  Could have been anyone just happened to be Daunte this time.

Scio me nihil scire

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I’ve never not resisted arrest or just flat out ran away from cops in my teens and 20s. 

Wonder why I’m still alive?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    dankind said:
    I’ve never not resisted arrest or just flat out ran away from cops in my teens and 20s. 

It's because you're white. Is that what you wanted to hear? I'm sure that's the only reason too.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:

It's because you're white. Is that what you wanted to hear? I'm sure that's the only reason too.
    Not what I wanted to hear. It's the last thing I ever want to hear. But it is what it is.

Also, white house party breakups=no guns drawn, no arrests made; Black house party breakups=guns drawn and as many Black bodies as they could fit into their cruisers for a ride downtown.

I'm guessing that's still standard operating procedure where I grew up, but I could be wrong. I don't go back to that place. They arm educators there so that they can have their turn to say "all of a sudden, I was afraid" and get away with murder. Only a matter of time.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Man. I thought the right had some insane conspiracy theories. Saying this cop purposely  murdered this kid and knowingly yelled taser as a cover up in the heat of the moment, while this “kid” was trying to escape, is just as wild as the insanity I hear coming from the far right. No fucking difference. You sound exactly the same. Different opinions, same insanity. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:

Not what I wanted to hear. It's the last thing I ever want to hear. But it is what it is.

Also, white house party breakups=no guns drawn, no arrests made; Black house party breakups=guns drawn and as many Black bodies as they could fit into their cruisers for a ride downtown.

I'm guessing that's still standard operating procedure where I grew up, but I could be wrong. I don't go back to that place. They arm educators there so that they can have their turn to say "all of a sudden, I was afraid" and get away with murder. Only a matter of time.
    You've got black house parties all wrong. They're more like this...

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    edited April 2021
    Every time this happens, this thread along with white Twitter tells me that many white people will do all sorts of mental gymnastics to cling to the idea that police aren’t treating people differently by race. There is no DWB. He should’ve complied. I’ve been pulled over for that too.

I think it just makes people feel better to not grapple with the idea that they are in a position of privilege. And, maybe for a few of them, they kind of think it’s a good thing that cops can kill black people with no repercussions.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:

This is a terrible association. If these are the comparisons that people want to argue, then it's no different when police use the shootings of other cops as the reason for deadly force in any non-compliance situations. I'm not condoning this as much a I'm not condoning the "he should have just complied" crowd. Neither are an excuse for this situation.
    Sorry not even the same thing.  less than 100 police get killed in the line of duty versus them killing 1000 plus people a year.  And we know that a certain segment of the murdered by cop population takes more of this on per capita.   The police that do get killed in the line of duty by weapons are often times responding to actual violent acts that they signed up for, whereas the people that have been getting killed by police have largely been for some minor offense and “not complying”.   I’m sure you’ve seen the video of the army lieutenant that was going around recently.   People have more to fear from cops than cops have from people, statistically speaking.
    Where are you getting that? Using your numbers of 100 cops being killed they are at a much higher risk of being killed than the 350 million citizens who get killed at a rate of 1000 per year.
    Not defending what happened yesterday, but civilians are not in more danger of being killed by police than of police risk. It’s not even close.
    And I hate the argument “that’s what they signed up for.” That doesn’t make violence against police okay.

There is a big gulf between recognizing that there are occupational hazards in policing vs saying "violence against police is okay". It's almost as foolish to deny that police have to face the occupational hazard of dealing with violent situations as it would be to deny that those in the armed forces do, or that roofers have to deal with the occupational hazards of working at heights. Reasonable efforts should go in to reducing those risks but they will always exist, and strategies to mitigate those risks should not involve placing those being stopped or arrested at greater risk. 
    I agree with all that. I was just responding to the comment that citizens are in more danger from cops than cops are on the job. No matter how someone skews the data, that isn’t true. Then adds and when they do get killed, they signed up for it anyway. It just came across as callous towards police deaths to me.
    Callous, like saying he should have complied, or don’t build a rap sheet at 20 etc.  amazing the knots people will tie themselves in to justify an officer killing someone while putting the blame on the victim.  What about officer behaviors? maybe that’s what needs to change?  The fact remains that there are far more dangerous occupations than policing that cause more worker fatalities.  The amount of policemen getting killed and targeted for being policemen is negligible.  On the other hand the amount of young black men being killed by police for being young black men is an epidemic.     I’m sorry but the answer shouldn’t be in a free country that people need to comply.  And another thing who sees about the kids rap sheet.  Why don’t we hear about all the times this cop has been reprimanded etc And every detail of their past?
    I don’t recall anyone, and certainly not me, justifying the shooting.
    I don’t see anyone blaming the victim either. Stating a fact had he not resisted he’d be alive while also saying the shooting was wrong and unjustified and resisting should not lead to death is not blaming the victim. It’s stating a fact. We should teach our commuters to protect themselves, instead I see more encouragement of this behavior that lead to more deaths. How many shared he was pulled over for an air freshener and killed for that? That wasn’t true.
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:

You've got black house parties all wrong. They're more like this...

The only times I've ever had guns drawn on me by LEOs was when I was with Black friends. There was also a time when I was given a ride home and a Black friend was given a ride downtown. And my mom got a talking to by my chauffeur about how she should pay more attention to the company I was keeping.

Oh, and all we were doing was taking a walk. Cops liked to call that "loitering and prowling" when I was with Black friends. The charges would be "trespassing" and "criminal mischief." 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    tbergs said:
    26 year veteran didn’t or couldn’t tell the difference between her taser and firearm?

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/media/publications/taser_intl_certification_plan_full.pdf

from the link, weight 18 ozs versus 33.3 for a 9mm with a 3-15 round mag (don’t call it a clip). Optional yellow color, why? Oh, MN had an instance of law enforcement mistakenly shooting someone with their firearm and not a taser in the past.

Why do you keep implying there is some sort of conspiracy to this? You make it sound like the cop wanted to kill someone and pretended she didnt know she had her firearm out instead of a taser. Did you watch the video? She fucked up for sure. It was a mistake. Cops aren't perfect and she'll face the consequences for that mistake as well. 

Liberals better get their act together. This is defund the police all over again. 

This is clearly not anything like the Floyd murder. The victim had two outstanding warrants, physically resisted arrest and lunged into his car. The cops had every right  to suspect the victim had a gun in the car. One of the outstanding warrants involved illegal carry. In the heat of battle, the cop made a terrible mistake. But the dangerous conditions were created by the victim. Where is the black community to admit breaking the law and resisting arrest is not acceptable conduct?

Liberals want trump elected in 2024? Ignoring the victim’s contributions to his own death and ignoring the danger he put the cops in with  his blatant disregard for authority will certainly help republicans sweep congress in 22 and Trump to win in 24.

This is clearly not anything like the Floyd murder.
    Yes, it is

The victim had two outstanding warrants, physically resisted arrest and lunged into his car.
    This is not a license for police to summarily execute a citizen.

The cops had every right  to suspect the victim had a gun in the car.
    1) no they didn't
    2) cops think everyone has a gun

One of the outstanding warrants involved illegal carry.
    No, the outstanding warrant was for failure to appear in court.  Neither of these are violent crimes.

In the heat of battle, the cop made a terrible mistake.
    The cop was negligent and reckless

But the dangerous conditions were created by the victim.
    No they weren't.  Cops started the interaction.  Where unable to control the situation.  And escalated unnecessarily.  

Where is the black community to admit breaking the law and resisting arrest is not acceptable conduct?
    Police aren't supposed to murder guilty people, either. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    Man. I thought the right had some insane conspiracy theories. Saying this cop purposely  murdered this kid and knowingly yelled taser as a cover up in the heat of the moment, while this “kid” was trying to escape, is just as wild as the insanity I hear coming from the far right. No fucking difference. You sound exactly the same. Different opinions, same insanity. 
    Not saying that it was to purposefully murder a specific person. Saying the taser defense has been used in the past as a way to justify officers ineptness and provide cover for the inherent racism in policing, but go ahead and both sides that.
    Scio me nihil scire

CM189191 said:
    tbergs said:

Yes, it is

The victim had two outstanding warrants, physically resisted arrest and lunged into his car.

1) no they didn't

No, the outstanding warrant was for failure to appear in court.  Neither of these are violent crimes.

No they weren't.  Cops started the interaction.  Where unable to control the situation.  And escalated unnecessarily.  

Where is the black community to admit breaking the law and resisting arrest is not acceptable conduct?
    Thanks for some sanity. 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

Has there been actual confirmation about what the warrants were for?

Jack Posobiec is the only blue checkmark I've seen reporting that the warrants were related to firearms, and I don't find him very trustworthy. 

Jack Posobiec is the only blue checkmark I've seen reporting that the warrants were related to firearms, and I don't find him very trustworthy. 
    Here's a screenshot from the public records. Looks like he had a charge for possessing a firearm without a permit, didn't show for court on 04/02/21 (which I guess would've been via Zoom since it mentions 'remote technology'), and a warrant as issued that day....

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Yeah blue check marks definitely don’t equal credibility
    Scio me nihil scire

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

Here's a screenshot from the public records. Looks like he had a charge for possessing a firearm without a permit, didn't show for court on 04/02/21 (which I guess would've been via Zoom since it mentions 'remote technology'), and a warrant as issued that day....

Thanks.

There's a lot of misinformation out there about the nature of the warrant(s). 

• vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
    If this officer believed he was a threat or someone carrying a gun and therefore a threat (per what his warrant was for), why pull your taser?  I'm not suggesting a conspiracy theory at all; quite the contrary.  Its simply if you watch the video.  She says "taser taser taser" and then "I shot him," as if she didn't expect to.  Whether or not its an accident or conspiracy, its clear that she didn't fear that he had a gun, otherwise why did she pull what she thought was her taser?  Most states don't have a "shoot to kill" policy for officers per se, but rather require a strong belief that deadly force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to the officer or others.

In short, the argument about whatever his warrants are for is irrelevant because its clear the officer couldn't have believed he was a deadly threat if she thought her taser was the right tool for the moment.

If you don't know the difference between a fleeing suspect and a threat, you shouldn't be a cop.

If you don't know the difference between your taser and your gun, you shouldn't be a cop.

If you kill someone because of that ignorance, shouldn't you also be in jail?
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    tbergs said:

I pointed out facts. Conspiracy? Triggered much? Maybe she did it for Derek? Because she’s gonna have his love child? That’d be a “conspiracy.”

26 year veteran. Yellow versus black. Half the weight of a “lethal” firearm. Purposely designed to be distinguished because mistakes had been made in the past. “Routine traffic stop.” Black lives don’t matter to white ‘Murica.

Am I bugging you yet?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    tbergs said:

“Liberals better get their act together.”

Let that fucking sink in.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    Fucking guy kills 10 in a grocery store and walks out, escorted, with a mere flesh wound. Fucking white guy kills how many in a church and gets taken to take out.

Active military personnel with hands out the window gets Maced. “Liberals better get their house in order.” Sure, fucking liberals.

Brilliantati©
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    CM189191 said:
    tbergs said:

Yes, it is

1) no they didn't

I will only argue the one. How is that the case? If by cops starting the interaction, you mean pulling him over for expired tags, then sure I guess. But what are they supposed not do, not enforce registration laws? Guess how many people wont register a car then, And then you blame police for not taking control of the situation? The victim chose on his own to resist, break free of the cuffs and lunge into his car. He chose to escalate it. So yes, it escalated unnecessarily. I did refer to him as the victim because none of that should result in a shooting. 
    mace1229 said:
    CM189191 said:
    tbergs said:

Yes, it is

1) no they didn't

I will only argue the one. How is that the case? If by cops starting the interaction, you mean pulling him over for expired tags, then sure I guess. But what are they supposed not do, not enforce registration laws? Guess how many people wont register a car then, And then you blame police for not taking control of the situation? The victim chose on his own to resist, break free of the cuffs and lunge into his car. He chose to escalate it. So yes, it escalated unnecessarily. I did refer to him as the victim because none of that should result in a shooting. 
    How about, “yo, you got expired tags, get it fixed, don’t wanna see you driving like that again, ok?” Nah, because every expired tag driver is the next crowd plower or drug dealer menace to society, right? No slack. Particularly for black males.

Gee, I wonder, how many people won’t register their car because someone wasn’t pulled over for it? Crumbling of society, surely.

What a country.

Brilliantati©

Huge rap sheet. Better buy a gun if someone like that is around. Holy shit! Scary!

Brilliantati©
    mace1229 said:
    CM189191 said:
    tbergs said:

Yes, it is

1) no they didn't

Murder is not 'enforcing registration laws'.  

Yes, I blame the police for not taking control.  There is an asymmetrical power structure here and the responsibility is on the police to maintain control.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020

Huge rap sheet. Better buy a gun if someone like that is around. Holy shit! Scary!
    He asked for confirmation of the warrant, so that's what I posted.

But if you want to play your stupid games, I'll play....

Another "responsible" gun owner! 'Merica!

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Apparently, you haven’t been following. Someone else posted that the murder victim had an extensive rap sheet. I see two charges, both of which would have me quaking in my boots and force me to buy my 20th firearm. And seems to me, whether legal or not, possessing the weapon, based on the photos, he was “responsible” No finger on the trigger and from what I know, never shot anyone. So, is it the hoody or the cigarillo that offends you?

”Play my stupid games?” What does that mean? Is that what you tell your boss man when you disagree with his break policy? 

Brilliantati©

Kim Potter....another responsible gun owner!

I own a gun and like blunts.  Should I be murdered for an air freshener hanging from my rearview mirror?

The reason this pisses me off so much is because a similar scenario happened to me.  Pulled over in MN for an air freshener.  One of those stupid little pine trees.

I'm driving home from Des Moines to Minneapolis.  I got my car washed in Iowa.  They put the air freshener there, being unfamiliar with MN air freshener laws.  I was a recent transplant, also unfamiliar with MN air freshener law.   

Cop comes up to the car and the air freshener was an obvious excuse to stick his nose in my car and start poking around.  He starts asking questions, trying find something, anything to pin on me.  Unnecessarily and intentionally trying to get me riled up. 

I'm professional, and was wearing a suit at the time.  Being fresh out of college, they question me for being too young to be so professional.  So many questions: who are you, where are you going, anything in the car, and so on.  

It was never about the air freshener.  It was about harassing someone just trying to get home from work.