Options

****Official Camden Bitch thread****

Comments

• Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    in no way was i saying you were ugly...don't take it that way. i'm usually not an asshole either, but she was a real bitch and knew she was...

so, then you should be better than her. don't stoop to her level. i know it's frustrating, people can truly be assholes.

i didn't think you were saying anything personal about me, you don't even know me. just taking your frustration out on me, the voice of reason. :p besides, i'm too poor to buy 10 posters at a time. :D
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    relax, my gentle snowflakes. pj is about more than posters. and it's definitely NOT about calling each other rude names. come on, let's have a group hug.

10 pearljam, get your hand off my ass.

:D
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,131
    i got my poster and my buddy got his wasn't so hard, but there was only about 200 available...the sign said you could only buy one per person, but people were buying 4-5-8 at a time...it was total bull shit!!!

anyway, there was this fat chick...i mean fat...she had literally about 10 posters, a real fucking asshole. very obvious what she was going to do with them...my buddy bet me that i wouldn't go spill beer on her and her posters. said he would give me his poster if i did...i denied at first, but as i stared at her and heard people bitching that they got to the venue 5 minutes too late to get a poster, i eventually wound up doing it. asked her if i could put my beer down for a second, bent over to tie my shoe and knocked it right over on the table right into her huge roll of posters...she was furious!!!

being the "good guy" that i am, i offered to buy her a new one...only one...awwwww, too bad, they are sold out...here's another BIG FUCK YOU to the fat broad buying 10 posters...FUCK OFF!

Now I have two...so if anyone is going to Camden Tonight (Night 2) and wants to try to get an extra poster...i will trade you for night one...

REMEMBER: ONE POSTER PER PERSON!

Cheers! I'm with you all the way. I'm so glad you did this. If the merch tables aren't going to enforce the "1 poster per person" rules, then by god WE WILL!
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    CaptainSpaz91CaptainSpaz91 Posts: 266
    The only thing is, I swear someone did this to me at Philly, with spilling the beer on the posters because there was two in my bag. It was just me and my buddy putting both of ours it the same bag. Oh well, 10 is a different story though.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    KMK182KMK182 Posts: 16
    PJammin' wrote:
    Hail, Hail. yeah, i'm sick of these greedy people too. in chicago i saw people running around to different stands like it was a fire drill. F THEM IS RIGHT.

I know people are going to bitch about me saying this; but doesn't the band sort of promote the selling of the posters for a shitload on ebay? Why else limit them to such small quantities? I never try to buy them because I would just hang it up as a memento; I wouldn't treat it like a priceless piece of art - so I let everybody else fight for them. Although, I did find it funny on Camden 1 when we weren't able to get to the venue until 8:30 and there was a guy in the parking lot holding a poster tube saying "man, we should go in soon - posters are going to sell out." I'm sure they were gone by what 6:34?
    05.28.06: Camden
    05.27.06: Camden
    10.03.05: Philly
    10.01.04: Reading
    07.12.03: Hershey
    04.26.03: Pittsburgh
  • Options
    10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    Dirty Francis, thank you for saying that.

To the pieces of garbage that have spent Memorial Day arguing about spilled beer, damaged posters and distance between Harrisburg and Hershey --

If either of you would like to have the privilege and freedom to condemn one another for disagreeing about how many posters someone purchased, then you should know that this girl, right or wrong, has the same freedom to purchase 1,000 posters. She can put them on EBAY, donate them to children who could not go, frame them for family or plaster her house with them. It is of no concern to you what she does. You don't have to agree with it, and I don't agree with it. Take up your frustration with the vendor who sold them all to her.

You are blaming someone who has the freedom of choice to do this. Why are you not blaming the vendor who was supposed to enforce this one poster limit?

10_Pearljam - I am so glad that you needed to describe that this girl was a "fat chick" because that added so much rationale toward what you did. It appears that you felt the need to degrade her in your account of the story so that others may feel that it was justified to support your actions because she was fat.

But at least you have a poster to commemorate the evening where you took it upon yourself to fight that international evil injustice and human rights violation of buying multiple posters.

Last time I checked, there are perhaps other issues that you could dedicate your time and energy to that could actually help a person. You don't deserve a poster, nor to be there nor to have the privilege of ruining something that does not belong to you.

I know exactly who you are, because I parked near you in Camden. How about you take your big pile of beer cans and garbage that you left for someone else to clean and shove them all up your fucking ass?

You want to talk about disrespect because someone bought extra posters, and you have no fucking clue as to the reason why, but only a presumption? Maybe she needs the money, and better than selling drugs, she figures she could sell something that would make people happy.

You and your white-trash frat boys should go take a look at that parking lot and know that someone with less than you have has to stand in 85 degree heat today and clean up your fucking mess you over-privileged, spoiled fuck?

Keep you fucking hands away from people, and please do not populate our gene pool.

get off your period...please. the world would be a better place. btw, you didn't park next to me b/c we had a driver...so stick it.

and to address the "presumption" as to what she was doing with the posters, she made it crystal clear to everyone behind her that she cheated out of a poster what she was doing with them. She told them she was selling them and if they wanted one to buy it on ebay...perhaps you should fully read the thread before opening your fat yap and writing your book. no beat it...we've also all concluded that hershey is 20 miles from harrisburg. maybe you missed that part of the thread too.
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    relax, my gentle snowflakes. pj is about more than posters. and it's definitely NOT about calling each other rude names. come on, let's have a group hug.

10 pearljam, get your hand off my ass.

:D

WHOOPS...Sorry...;)
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

did you complain to the vendors? probably not. it's much easier to take out your hostility on the fat chick than on the guys who could probably kick your ass, and then have you thrown out.

i love a good jersey grrl ;)
  • Options
    kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    You know, we can argue about whatever we want to on here. I've laid back today, but you folks who are condemning us for arguing as we were, can each suck it. It's a free country. If you don't like it, don't read it.
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Then why post it? For support only?
    No fun in that. As you say, it is a free world.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    KMK182 wrote:
    Why else limit them to such small quantities? I never try to buy them because I would just hang it up as a memento; I wouldn't treat it like a priceless piece of art - so I let everybody else fight for them.
    But you just answered your first question. It IS art. THAT is why it's limited. They're not promoting anything. Concert posters have been items to collect for ages. That is why they hire artists to make them. The posters have been around since before Ebay, and to stop making/selling them b/c of it is ridiculous.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    13PJ13 wrote:
    But you just answered your first question. It IS art. THAT is why it's limited. They're not promoting anything. Concert posters have been items to collect for ages. That is why they hire artists to make them. The posters have been around since before Ebay, and to stop making/selling them b/c of it is ridiculous.

Amen.

Member #0020

• Options
    amiami Posts: 4
    Love the boys...but it twas a mess on Saturday. I hadnt renewed my 10 club and learned that for us short folk Twetter makes not much dif. where you are every view sucks but again love brings me home. Crowd was Frat boy stupid I wished for the gimp ball to shove down everyone of their loud obnixous drunken mouthes (AMI >ANGER MANGEMENT ISSUES) sigh ..If you could have heard what this one loser said when Eddie was introducing those newly freed men...racial slurs, dude was 15 in. taller than me and although I have A FAT Arse And DO NOT BUY POStERS , I thought I may get maimed . argh!!!!!
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    What's funny about the jerkoff that started this thread was he had to assault a fat lady who had extra posters to use for her own means, but he got HIMSELF an extra one to trade for his own means. He's a hypocrite, plain and simple. So you condemned her for buying so many that others couldn't get a poster, but you got an extra, and someone couldn't get a poster because you wanted an extra to trade. Hypocrite!

Personally, I think his story is bull. If this happened to someone, don't know think people would have seen it? No one mentioned this happening at all. If this woman was using the posters for ebay, and this guy did this to her, she would have made a scene because she would have been pissed about how much money she just lost. Someone would have seen that. It's all a lie.

This guy wanted to sound like he was the champion for poster collectors, when all he did was show he is a champion of hypocricy and lies.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    punk.....

• Options
    NieraNiera Posts: 208

Now I have two...so if anyone is going to Camden Tonight (Night 2) and wants to try to get an extra poster...i will trade you for night one...

Dude, the uncoolest thing is to set someone up for a trade and then back out. You had me strung along for 3 days! I can't believe you did this to me, man. That poster was for my best friend. Thanks, buddy.
    Can't wear my mask... your first, my last...
    **PROUD member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club**
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    what? You don't like partyin in the ghetto?? Oh man. My bitch about the Camden shows was the freakin inexcusable lack of regard for the band by the fans totally trashin the parkin lot. Where's the respect?? It was so gross.
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    i got my poster and my buddy got his wasn't so hard, but there was only about 200 available...the sign said you could only buy one per person, but people were buying 4-5-8 at a time...it was total bull shit!!!

anyway, there was this fat chick...i mean fat...she had literally about 10 posters, a real fucking asshole. very obvious what she was going to do with them...my buddy bet me that i wouldn't go spill beer on her and her posters. said he would give me his poster if i did...i denied at first, but as i stared at her and heard people bitching that they got to the venue 5 minutes too late to get a poster, i eventually wound up doing it. asked her if i could put my beer down for a second, bent over to tie my shoe and knocked it right over on the table right into her huge roll of posters...she was furious!!!

being the "good guy" that i am, i offered to buy her a new one...only one...awwwww, too bad, they are sold out...here's another BIG FUCK YOU to the fat broad buying 10 posters...FUCK OFF!

you are my hero!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131

OUT-FUCKING-STANDING!!!! Good to see that you were looking out for everyone else that wasnt fortunate to get a poster. I hate those fuckers that buy tons of them and go home and put them on ebay and charge people ridiculous prices for them. I went on there last night when I got home from the D.C. show because I wanted to see how many jerkoffs rushed home just so they could throw theyre D.C. poster up on ebay and try to make a lil bank. Well the good news I didnt see any yet...but Im sure I will, its a very sweet poster...the bad news is that people were charging 125.00 to 150.00 for a poster you buy for 25.00. And these people claim they are fans. They can all go fuck a goat for all I care....
  • Options
    VirgoWriterVirgoWriter Posts: 15
    Yeah, the Tweeter sucks for sound; however, my 10C seats (146XXX, member since 93 with one lapse) were in row A, all the way to the left. But, having seen them 15 times now, do I really need to look at Eddie or Mike. I care about the sound, and being that close up, even to the side of the stage, I get can hear them great. As far as getting beer cut off, I'd rather not be totally wasted at their show. If drunk, why bother? Stay home and buy the Bootleg. Best thing for Tweeter shows is to drive to a PATCO stop and take the train. From Philly (where I live), take the ferry over or PATCO as well.
    08/12/92,10/30/93, 11/5/93, 06/24/95, 11/04/95, 11/06/95, 11/07/95, 07/10/98, 08/23/00, 09/02/00, 04/28/03, 07/05/03, 10/01/04, 10/03/05, 05/28/06, 6/19/08, 8/04/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/31/09, 09/02/12, 10/21/13

Ten Club 146XXX
  • Options
    NieraNiera Posts: 208
    10_pearljam, you SCHMUCK.

After promising in PM the morning of Camden 2 to trade with me, you back out of our deal and then put it up on eBay.. you hypocrite:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-JAM-POSTER-Philadelphia-Camden-May-27-2006_W0QQitemZ7624995814QQihZ017QQcategoryZ53267QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My husband, who incidentally is an attorney, is furious and keeps babbling on about how you and I essentially had a verbal contract and it would hold up in court, but I think I'm just going to tell you to pi$$ off.

Thanks for nothing, jerk.
    Can't wear my mask... your first, my last...
    **PROUD member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club**
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Niera wrote:

After promising in PM the morning of Camden 2 to trade with me, you back out of our deal and then put it up on eBay.. you hypocrite:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-JAM-POSTER-Philadelphia-Camden-May-27-2006_W0QQitemZ7624995814QQihZ017QQcategoryZ53267QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My husband, who incidentally is an attorney, is furious and keeps babbling on about how you and I essentially had a verbal contract and it would hold up in court, but I think I'm just going to tell you to pi$$ off.

woah waiiittt.. the beer spiller guy is selling it on ebay after all that?

Please tell me I read this all wrong... jeez..
  • Options
    Niera wrote:

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!! This guy accused me of selling posters on ebay, which I have never done; he bragged about spilling beer on a woman because he believed she was going to be selling posters on ebay; then he backs out of trading with you ... so that he can sell on ebay?

10_pearljam: You are a real class act, bro.

Member #0020

• Options
    ............punk!

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Unreal!!!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    What is up with the Camden Police making sure we all get a tour of the number 1 murder spot in the USA both before and after the show? Camden is always grid locked but by now the cops should have it down.

What was up with the ending of beer sales shortly after the show started?

10 Club Member since 91. Thanks to my 107XXX number I have always had good seats. Thanks 10 Club. Just wondering why I ended up in 104 front row blocked by poles and speakers, worst seats I had at any show, let alone one where club members get preferred seating. Then having the SAME security guard ask about every other song for my tickets. After about the 7th time asked him why? Answer he is doing his job. Went to the Lawn and had a much better view. Went back to catch the last Encore, should have stayed on the Lawn.

Ed + DNA WTF? The fellas they brought up on with them sure play a mean tambourine.

Camden is not Philly. It is funny how everyone who plays the Tweeter goes through the "is this Philly or Camden" bit. Spectrum is the best venue for a show. Great vibe. You can’t get a bad show there. I think if last nights crowd was indoors rather than a outdoor shed it would have been a whole different vibe.

OK there were much better points. Decent set list. Did not expect Leash again and Animal both welcomed surprises. Over all a good show.

Back to lurk mode,

LavaMan
    HOW CAN YOU HAVE SUCH A HIGH# I JOINED "93" AND MY # 27XXX IS LOWER THAN YOURS YOU MUST HAVE YOUR DATES CROSSED.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Placid BluePlacid Blue Posts: 31
    I think it is a good idea that they are cutting off beer sales. It would be nice if they wouldn't sell alcohol at all. Just your basic water, soda, hot dogs and nacho's.

I'm no stranger to being bothered by grown men and women who are drunk and they act like total a**holes. They grab you, they spill beer on you, they don't shut their mouths while your trying to hear the band play. At a non PJ show I attended at the Garden I wound up almost getting kicked out of the place because some drunk girl got me so mad. One of the main reasons for the cut off has to do with idiots who tailgate before the show like they are at some football game instead of a concert. And they are hammered by the time the opening act is on. I've seen people do this more for PJ and Springsteen than anyone else. I just don't get what the thrill is to drink while leaning up against your car or sitting like a lazy bum in a beach chair. You can do that at home.
    And another reason I never got is why do people want to pay $7 for a watered down cup of tap beer.

Are people coming to concerts to see bands play or are they coming just to waste their money, get drunk and make total fools out of themselves?

Yes Eddie does have his wine but he's not the drunk who is causing the problems.
    "If you were waiting for us, than we were waiting for you" E. Vedder 10-3-05

He who forgets will be destined to remember.
  • Options
    86th Ward86th Ward Posts: 7
    Niera wrote:

Have you seen the Camden 2 poster? I would back out of that deal too...it's horid!!! Why would you expect this guy who only purchased one poster, to trade it to you for a subpar poster and perhaps the ugliest tour poster ever? The Camden 1 poster is getting upwards of $125.00...the Camden 2 poster...$60...maybe. He'd be a total moron to trade with you.

Good Luck with the verbal contract...

How do you know he doesn't have something else planned out? Maybe he can get $125.00 for this one, pay a couple bucks and turn it into the DC poster. You don't know. I'd do that before giving it to you for this Camden 2 poster.

You would do the same thing. I still applaud him for spilling beer...he's selling one...she was looking to sell 10...not EVEN the same thing.
  • Options
    kidapollo wrote:
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!! This guy accused me of selling posters on ebay, which I have never done; he bragged about spilling beer on a woman because he believed she was going to be selling posters on ebay; then he backs out of trading with you ... so that he can sell on ebay?

10_pearljam: You are a real class act, bro.

The story says that she stated out loud that she was going to sell the posters on ebay and was a real bitch to a couple guys behind her...different story than selling one poster.

Get your panties out of a knot dude...who cares...

By the way...the Camden 2 poster sucks ass...you know it, I know it, the broad he was trading with and her attorney husband know it...maybe I will trade my Red Borgata Poster for Camden 2...or maybe Thunder Bay...or maybe East Rutherford Night 2...would that make sense? Maybe my Gorge or 2003 NYC poster would make more sense. It is not an even trade.
  • Options
    Niera wrote:

P.S. I'm going to PM you in a moment for a possible trade for your Camden 1 poster, I'm going tonight and I am NOT making the same mistake twice.

Your fellow Jammer,
    Niera

"POSSIBLE TRADE" - Not a Binding Contract!

Nice job by giving the guy some extra hits on his listing by putting it on this message pit...that was not smart...