Options

****Official Camden Bitch thread****

lavalounge2000lavalounge2000 Posts: 24
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
What is up with the Camden Police making sure we all get a tour of the number 1 murder spot in the USA both before and after the show? Camden is always grid locked but by now the cops should have it down.

What was up with the ending of beer sales shortly after the show started?

10 Club Member since 91. Thanks to my 107XXX number I have always had good seats. Thanks 10 Club. Just wondering why I ended up in 104 front row blocked by poles and speakers, worst seats I had at any show, let alone one where club members get preferred seating. Then having the SAME security guard ask about every other song for my tickets. After about the 7th time asked him why? Answer he is doing his job. Went to the Lawn and had a much better view. Went back to catch the last Encore, should have stayed on the Lawn.

Ed + DNA WTF? The fellas they brought up on with them sure play a mean tambourine.

Camden is not Philly. It is funny how everyone who plays the Tweeter goes through the "is this Philly or Camden" bit. Spectrum is the best venue for a show. Great vibe. You can’t get a bad show there. I think if last nights crowd was indoors rather than a outdoor shed it would have been a whole different vibe.

OK there were much better points. Decent set list. Did not expect Leash again and Animal both welcomed surprises. Over all a good show.

Back to lurk mode,

LavaMan
Its nice to be nice to the nice.

Frank Burns
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I usually don't support negative threads, but the early beer cut off pisses me off. And there is ED drinking his wine the whole show.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,945

10 Club Member since 91. Thanks to my 107XXX number I have always had good seats. Thanks 10 Club. Just wondering why I ended up in 104 front row blocked by poles and speakers, worst seats I had at any show, let alone one where club members get preferred seating.

LavaMan

I believe the band has asked for beer sales to be cut off a 9pm....at least that's what I heard in Boston

you've been a member since 1991, and your # is only 107XXX....strange. I met a guy in Boston who has been a member since the beginning, and his number, so he says, is 12XXX
  • Options
    Alcohol sales have been getting cut off by 9pm or 9:30 at the latest at every show I've been at since 2003 (about 20 shows). Even in Canada they did it which was surprising...
    But I'm thanking them this morning for that policy and it'll make tonite that much better for my old man self....

BTW, during Last Kiss, the (DNA) brother with the Phillies hat played drums and Matt played guitar in case you didn't notice....
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    oh boo-fucking-who. Drink before the show.
  • Options
    10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    i got my poster and my buddy got his wasn't so hard, but there was only about 200 available...the sign said you could only buy one per person, but people were buying 4-5-8 at a time...it was total bull shit!!!

anyway, there was this fat chick...i mean fat...she had literally about 10 posters, a real fucking asshole. very obvious what she was going to do with them...my buddy bet me that i wouldn't go spill beer on her and her posters. said he would give me his poster if i did...i denied at first, but as i stared at her and heard people bitching that they got to the venue 5 minutes too late to get a poster, i eventually wound up doing it. asked her if i could put my beer down for a second, bent over to tie my shoe and knocked it right over on the table right into her huge roll of posters...she was furious!!!

being the "good guy" that i am, i offered to buy her a new one...only one...awwwww, too bad, they are sold out...here's another BIG FUCK YOU to the fat broad buying 10 posters...FUCK OFF!

Now I have two...so if anyone is going to Camden Tonight (Night 2) and wants to try to get an extra poster...i will trade you for night one...

REMEMBER: ONE POSTER PER PERSON!
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    NieraNiera Posts: 208
    i got my poster and my buddy got his wasn't so hard, but there was only about 200 available...the sign said you could only buy one per person, but people were buying 4-5-8 at a time...it was total bull shit!!!

anyway, there was this fat chick...i mean fat...she had literally about 10 posters, a real fucking asshole. very obvious what she was going to do with them...my buddy bet me that i wouldn't go spill beer on her and her posters. said he would give me his poster if i did...i denied at first, but as i stared at her and heard people bitching that they got to the venue 5 minutes too late to get a poster, i eventually wound up doing it. asked her if i could put my beer down for a second, bent over to tie my shoe and knocked it right over on the table right into her huge roll of posters...she was furious!!!

being the "good guy" that i am, i offered to buy her a new one...only one...awwwww, too bad, they are sold out...here's another BIG FUCK YOU to the fat broad buying 10 posters...FUCK OFF!

Now I have two...so if anyone is going to Camden Tonight (Night 2) and wants to try to get an extra poster...i will trade you for night one...

THIS is the most beautiful post I have ever read... THANK YOU SO MUCH, man. Me & my best friend were just a few steps behind the LAST poster being sold at THREE different stands--all because of the parking fiasco.. I live 5 miles away from the venue, it should not have taken 45 minutes to park!!

Let me just say it again--can't be said enough--THANK YOU, my man.

P.S. I'm going to PM you in a moment for a possible trade for your Camden 1 poster, I'm going tonight and I am NOT making the same mistake twice.

Your fellow Jammer,
    Niera
    Can't wear my mask... your first, my last...
    **PROUD member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club**
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374

hahah! wow youre awesome for doing that:D
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    What is up with the Camden Police making sure we all get a tour of the number 1 murder spot in the USA both before and after the show? Camden is always grid locked but by now the cops should have it down.

Back to lurk mode,

LavaMan

I hear ya on the Camden popo giving us the "find your own damn way back" tour... dicks. Luckily for me, I got lost getting to the show (great road markings in Jersey... at least in Camden... and by "great", I mean "no"), so when I ended up on 30 East, I was able to find my way back. Well, thanks to Camden cops closing the ramp to 676 North, I somehow ended up back on 30 East... so I could find my way back after turning the U. Still lameass.

As for bears... kudos for them cutting it off. The earlier they cut off beers, the fewer beers get dumped on my wife (3 from the same asshole last night). I'll never understand why people get trashed at concerts... Just my thoughts.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I believe the band has asked for beer sales to be cut off a 9pm....at least that's what I heard in Boston

you've been a member since 1991, and your # is only 107XXX....strange. I met a guy in Boston who has been a member since the beginning, and his number, so he says, is 12XXX

I agree that's a weird number for 91 membership, I joined in 93 and mine is 48xxx looks like this guy got jipped with his number because they assigned him a futuristic one (unless he maybe lapsed at one point)...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

You are the man!! that was fucking awesone....
    And the limit one per person is defiantely not enforced, the lady right next to me bought 2, granted is not 10 but the limit was 1 so she shouldn't have been able to get a second one...

I got mine thank God, but it sucks that some people will buy them like that only to turn around and put them on Ebay :(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    its always like that obviously you're a camden noob, or you have a bad memory. i will agree the fanclub tix sucked ass.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    I hear ya on the Camden popo giving us the "find your own damn way back" tour... dicks. Luckily for me, I got lost getting to the show (great road markings in Jersey... at least in Camden... and by "great", I mean "no"), so when I ended up on 30 East, I was able to find my way back. Well, thanks to Camden cops closing the ramp to 676 North, I somehow ended up back on 30 East... so I could find my way back after turning the U. Still lameass.

As for bears... kudos for them cutting it off. The earlier they cut off beers, the fewer beers get dumped on my wife (3 from the same asshole last night). I'll never understand why people get trashed at concerts... Just my thoughts.
    yea naviagation is real cheap these days. look into to it no problems here
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383

Well, let me be the first on here to say FUCK YOU. Since when is vigilante justice ok when it comes to $250 worth of merchandise? I don't give a FUCK what that woman was going to do with her posters. That is NOT OK. You say it was obvious what she was going to do. Your assumptions make your actions ok? You don't think, even for a second, that maybe she was holding posters for friends? I had 4 on me when I got inside. You know why? Because I was rolling them all up together, with plastic and rubberbands, to protect them for my friends! If someone had come up to me and done that, I can guarantee you I would've punched you. Hard.
    So congrats on your bravado. I sure hope you saved a few posters from being sold on ebay.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509

the people at the stands were pretty firm that they would only sell one to a person, and if she was as "noticable" as you so kindly describe her, i doubt she could have been going back and forth to the tables to buy mass quanitites without getting noticed. unless you actually SAW her pay for ten posters, your assumption- and your actions in response- were asinine. & i think the band would tell you the same thing.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Well, let me be the first on here to say FUCK YOU. Since when is vigilante justice ok when it comes to $250 worth of merchandise? I don't give a FUCK what that woman was going to do with her posters. That is NOT OK. You say it was obvious what she was going to do. Your assumptions make your actions ok? You don't think, even for a second, that maybe she was holding posters for friends? I had 4 on me when I got inside. You know why? Because I was rolling them all up together, with plastic and rubberbands, to protect them for my friends! If someone had come up to me and done that, I can guarantee you I would've punched you. Hard.
    So congrats on your bravado. I sure hope you saved a few posters from being sold on ebay.

i know she was selling them on ebay b/c when the people behind her bitched, she said they could buy them on ebay if they are sold out when you get up front. so punch away there rocky, but be prepared to hit the floor when i hit you and i may dump a beer on your ass.

quit supporting the selfish...everyone was there to have a good time...she was a fucking asshole.
    So is he?
    No tradebacks...
  • Options
    i know she was selling them on ebay b/c when the people behind her bitched, she said they could buy them on ebay if they are sold out when you get up front. so punch away there rocky, but be prepared to hit the floor when i hit you and i may dump a beer on your ass.

quit supporting the selfish...everyone was there to have a good time...she was a fucking asshole.

then i guess your beef is really with the guys who sold her ten posters. maybe you should have spilled your beer on them, & seen how that woulda turned out for ya.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    the people at the stands were pretty firm that they would only sell one to a person, and if she was as "noticable" as you so kindly describe her, i doubt she could have been going back and forth to the tables to buy mass quanitites without getting noticed. unless you actually SAW her pay for ten posters, your assumption- and your actions in response- were asinine. & i think the band would tell you the same thing.

the people at the stands were absolutely NOT firm about selling one poster per person...people were buying 2-3 in my line easy...

so she being the asshole that she was, is okay, but if i want to be an asshole, it's not okay? how about the 9 people that didn't get their poster? how about all the people she told to buy it off of ebay if they needed it? how about the bitch in boston who told the kid if he wanted one to pay her $200 for it or find it on ebay. Fuck those people that buy 5, 6, 8, 10 whatever to sell on ebay and screw real fans out of them. FUCK THEM.
    So is he?
    No tradebacks...
  • Options
    then i guess your beef is really with the guys who sold her ten posters. maybe you should have spilled your beer on them, & seen how that woulda turned out for ya.

maybe you are the one who i spilled on? if so...HA FUCKING HA! if not, let's hope you get screwed out of a poster or something you really want someday by a selfish person like "Mrs. Ten Posters."
    So is he?
    No tradebacks...
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,831
    how about the 9 people that didn't get their poster? how about all the people she told to buy it off of ebay if they needed it? how about the bitch in boston who told the kid if he wanted one to pay her $200 for it or find it on ebay. Fuck those people that buy 5, 6, 8, 10 whatever to sell on ebay and screw real fans out of them. FUCK THEM.

Hail, Hail. yeah, i'm sick of these greedy people too. in chicago i saw people running around to different stands like it was a fire drill. F THEM IS RIGHT.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    St.KittsAPSt.KittsAP Posts: 24
    wasting beer is not cool. for whatever reason.
  • Options
    HubcapHubcap Posts: 15
    who buys beer inside that place. Costs a friggin arm and leg anyways. But yea i dont really have to much to bitch about besides the way out of there. Pain in the ass.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446

STANDS UP AND APPLAUDS!!!!! 2 posters I can see, I almost bought a second in Albany for a good friend of mine who couldn't hit any shows, so I can see where that is coming from. Any more than that is nuts. It was a zoo getting posters in Albany.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    I usually don't support negative threads, but the early beer cut off pisses me off. And there is ED drinking his wine the whole show.

dont know why the early cutoff but it MAY have had something to do with the 10-15 person battle royale that broke out in the lawn during the first three songs. couple shirtless drunkfucks throwing each other around, pulling other people in, girls trying to pull people off - it was a fucking mess. i think they were right to cut off beer if people are gonna act like that 10 min into the show....
  • Options
    i know she was selling them on ebay b/c when the people behind her bitched, she said they could buy them on ebay if they are sold out when you get up front.

do you realize you single handedly increased the value of the 5.27 posters by like ... uh ... 4.76% or something?

i did the math, i swear it.

:D:D:D

i'll stick up here and say Kudoz to that shit ...
    assuming she WAS selling them ... fuck da bitch ...
    goddamned greendiseased motherfuckaz.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    It's not like a lot of you at one point or another haven't broken the "rules" at a show one way or another.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    ...my buddy bet me that i wouldn't go spill beer on her and her posters. said he would give me his poster if i did...i denied at first, but as i stared at her and heard people bitching that they got to the venue 5 minutes too late to get a poster, i eventually wound up doing it. asked her if i could put my beer down for a second, bent over to tie my shoe and knocked it right over on the table right into her huge roll of posters...
    That's alcohol abuse!
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    13PJ13 wrote:

It's fine and good for you, because you and three of your fiends all got your poster. For me who missed getting one I support this kind of justice, too many people don't respect others, and obviously this lady had no respect for fellow PJ fans, or for the bands wishes.

Kudos my beer spilling friend!!
  • Options
    maybe you are the one who i spilled on? if so...HA FUCKING HA! if not, let's hope you get screwed out of a poster or something you really want someday by a selfish person like "Mrs. Ten Posters."

no, sorry. i'm quite attractive, or so i've been told.

i didn't even buy ONE, because i hate having to worry about it during the show. so i don't give a shit how many someone buys, to be honest. thanks for your kind wishes, tho. you just keep coming up with new ways to be rude!

and it's not okay for either you or her to be an asshole. but if you're calling her one, it makes more sense if you don't act like one as well. kinda simple, really.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    the people at the stands were absolutely NOT firm about selling one poster per person...people were buying 2-3 in my line easy...

i will reiterate:

"then i guess your beef is really with the guys who sold her ten posters. maybe you should have spilled your beer on them, & seen how that woulda turned out for ya."

did you complain to the vendors? probably not. it's much easier to take out your hostility on the fat chick than on the guys who could probably kick your ass, and then have you thrown out.
    Life is the riddle
    A couple of lucky ones
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i didnt see the fat lady,
    but did experience 1 guy at the stand selling at least 5 to 1 buyer, then another guy showed up ( i guess he was relief ) and then he started telling people 1 poster. He wouldnt even let someone who was with their significant other, or friend , buy for them . 1 only . 1 only . After a while , ( maybe too late and already after the fat lady incident ) they were only allowing 1 .

this poster does kick ass !

good luck tonight !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life