I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    If you got it spend it. It's the right thing to do to support the economy!!! How many records does a shop in nyc have to sell just to pay rent....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    AP DAY! 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Is that the picture disk? I got the tracking info for mine. It is supposed to show up on Wednesday. 
    No. I went for the one at target this time so I wouldn't have to wait. 
    I got my Chris Cornell delivery, but they sent me the wrong one. They sent me the orange Target one, when I specifically ordered the picture disc. Of course there is no phone number, only an email. So, I sent them an email with my original order showing the picture disc, and am waiting to hear back. They better send me the right one.

because of this post, I went back and checked my order....sure enough, I ordered and paid for the picture disc. They sent me the orange one too. I have fired off an email. Thanks @GlowGirl
    I wonder if this happened to a lot of us. They were pretty responsive with the email. They told me that they would send out the picture disc to me on April 14th, and said I could keep the orange one. So I have been playing that one. I just hope it comes and I don’t have to send another email. Let me know what happens with yours. 
    they emailed me back immediately and told me it was a widespread problem, would send out the picture disc, and like you, i could keep the orange one. didn't even ask for proof like I later saw in the FAQ is standard procedure. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Is that the picture disk? I got the tracking info for mine. It is supposed to show up on Wednesday. 
    No. I went for the one at target this time so I wouldn't have to wait. 
    I got my Chris Cornell delivery, but they sent me the wrong one. They sent me the orange Target one, when I specifically ordered the picture disc. Of course there is no phone number, only an email. So, I sent them an email with my original order showing the picture disc, and am waiting to hear back. They better send me the right one.

because of this post, I went back and checked my order....sure enough, I ordered and paid for the picture disc. They sent me the orange one too. I have fired off an email. Thanks @GlowGirl
    I wonder if this happened to a lot of us. They were pretty responsive with the email. They told me that they would send out the picture disc to me on April 14th, and said I could keep the orange one. So I have been playing that one. I just hope it comes and I don’t have to send another email. Let me know what happens with yours. 
    they emailed me back immediately and told me it was a widespread problem, would send out the picture disc, and like you, i could keep the orange one. didn't even ask for proof like I later saw in the FAQ is standard procedure. 
    That is cool that they didn’t ask you for proof. I had to send them a screenshot of my original order and a photo of the orange one they sent me. Glad to hear they were responsive. I will let you know when I get the picture disc. 
    Getting the stink eye after records keep arriving today.  And she knows the difference in quality vs standard. 

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    AP DAY! 

mrussel1 said:
    Getting the stink eye after records keep arriving today.  And she knows the difference in quality vs standard. 

Nice
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    arrived today.  CANNOT wait to spin this

half speed mastering...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    AP DAY! 

Elvis is back in stock?!  You’ve got me tempted to pull the trigger on that one...
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
    mrussel1 said:
    AP DAY! 

Elvis is back in stock?!  You’ve got me tempted to pull the trigger on that one...
    Do it quick.  It sounds amazing.  You won't find one less than 125 or more after it goes out. 
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    Oh goddamit
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    Oh goddamit

why whatever could be wrong?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AP DAY! 

Do it quick.  It sounds amazing.  You won't find one less than 125 or more after it goes out. 
    Ordered right after I commented.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    Oh goddamit

You know... 
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    Oh goddamit

I can't find that version on discogs.  The ones that show pressing are at Optima and RTI is much preferred.  Got a link or discogs number?
    edited April 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    Oh goddamit

I can't find that version on discogs.  The ones that show pressing are at Optima and RTI is much preferred.  Got a link or discogs number?

search tsrts half speed.

us seller has one for 135 plus 5.50 ship plus tax.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    I'm sure most of you are familiar with the Garden Tapes but for those who aren't it's always  an interesting read. http://www.thegardentapes.co.uk/
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    Oh goddamit

Jealousy album cover
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    Oh goddamit

Jealousy album cover
    I love Natalie Merchant.  10,000 Maniacs need a better vinyl treatment.  
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,449
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    Oh goddamit

Jealousy album cover
    Our Time in Eden needs to be reissued!
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

half speed mastering...
    Oh goddamit

Jealousy album cover
    Our Time in Eden needs to be reissued!
    Yes please. And Unplugged. 

I bought the 45 rpm Tigerlilly and it's wonderful. 
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:

band direct purchase?

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    mickeyrat said:
    pjpjpaul said:

band direct purchase?
    Yeah. Not sure if an indie only release has come out yet but there was a pink Spotify pre-sale version that sold out already. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    pjpjpaul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjpjpaul said:

band direct purchase?
    Yeah. Not sure if an indie only release has come out yet but there was a pink Spotify pre-sale version that sold out already. 
    I want this, but for some reason it comes out to $70 (CAD) after conversion. I go to buy it and it only shows up in GBP.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Just arrived and looking forward to spinning this evening!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• halvhalv Posts: 675

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    It's been a great couple of weeks!

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    It's been a great couple of weeks!

Lots of great stuff there. Smokin' is PHENOMENAL. Is the Colossus the Kevin Gray cut?