2021 European Tour Announcement

Comments

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,050
    PJNB said:
    drfox said:
    PJNB said:
    Interesting about Pink Pop and obviously no guarantees but that date definitely has me wondering about Pearl Jam going for two festivals in in Europe this year and two in the US. You have to think Hyde Park is going for the week after this. I know the likely scenario is nothing happening this year but if anything were allowed to happen it will be outdoor shows though the numbers at these fests is huge. 
    Hyde park has a 65,000 capacity so would be bigger than the Wrigley and Fenway shows
    Exactly. If we were in a spot where no shows were announced and they wanted to do 20,000 in a 70,000 location I would be much more optimistic but if they are trying to run with the tickets and numbers that have sold already it is hard to think these will happen. I wonder if they are considering  to cancel all tickets and have another sale with limited numbers. Lots of fans would be pissed but if that is the only way to have shows this year then so be it imo. 
    Agree. Not sure how many tickets they’ve sold this time. The original 2020 BST cancelled show sold out quite far in advance but these two haven’t sold out yet. I assume due to uncertainty, reluctance to travel and be in a crowd etc. Not sure how much has been sold. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I would think they aren’t going to play a 2/3 empty park.  I think it will come down to whether full scale shows can be done safely given vaccinations.  I love the fact that at least it appears they haven’t thrown in the towel quite yet.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • chalonchalon Posts: 106
    drfox said:
    Fairly sure the Lollapalooza Paris is 100% cancelled as the French will not allow gatherings more than a certain size until after July. I think there’s only BST and Lollapalooza Sweden that are question marks?

There are a few US artists booked to play on the U.K. festivals that have been confirmed, but not many (eg QOTSA, Post Malone). 

This article from a couple of weeks ago made it seem like an announcement that Paris was not happening: https://www.sortiraparis.com/scenes/concerts-music/articles/126993-lollapalooza-paris-the-festival-adapts-and-provides-a-new-event-in-2021/lang/en but oddly the official website doesn't say anything yet.

Also the latest news is that Paris might be doing another lockdown as well, and with the really low vaccination rate in France it seems guaranteed the show isn't going on: https://www.france24.com/en/france/20210317-france-set-to-announce-new-covid-19-measures-lockdown-possible-for-paris-region
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    I would think they aren’t going to play a 2/3 empty park.  I think it will come down to whether full scale shows can be done safely given vaccinations.  I love the fact that at least it appears they haven’t thrown in the towel quite yet.  
    If they cancel the shows and move to a later date I would guess anything is open including new acts headlining at a reduced capacity. 
    PJNB said:
    If they cancel the shows and move to a later date I would guess anything is open including new acts headlining at a reduced capacity. 
    True. I meant PJ.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 267
    PJNB said:
    drfox said:
    PJNB said:
    Interesting about Pink Pop and obviously no guarantees but that date definitely has me wondering about Pearl Jam going for two festivals in in Europe this year and two in the US. You have to think Hyde Park is going for the week after this. I know the likely scenario is nothing happening this year but if anything were allowed to happen it will be outdoor shows though the numbers at these fests is huge. 
    Hyde park has a 65,000 capacity so would be bigger than the Wrigley and Fenway shows
    Exactly. If we were in a spot where no shows were announced and they wanted to do 20,000 in a 70,000 location I would be much more optimistic but if they are trying to run with the tickets and numbers that have sold already it is hard to think these will happen. I wonder if they are considering  to cancel all tickets and have another sale with limited numbers. Lots of fans would be pissed but if that is the only way to have shows this year then so be it imo. 
    Just to reiterate - when the BST shows are supposed to take place (post June 21) is at a point when the govt hopes that ALL social distancing regulations will be lifted. So it really is binary - either the UK is in a place where there are no social distancing regulations in place and BST can take place or the targets aren't met, some regulations are still being enforced, and the shows simply won't be allowed. So the number of attendees - 20,000 or 70,000 - is irrelevant in a way... certainly for music festivals, anyway.

For sports events there is a bit more leeway and they're trialling 10,000+ supporters at some sports events in the UK as early as May. But these are seated events so I think the hope is that they are easier to maintain distancing. It's simply impossible at festivals when everyone is busting to get as near to the stage as possible. 

Of course, the other issue for BST is that even if it CAN take place, there is still a big question mark over whether PJ can/will play regardless. But that's a whole other discussion. 
  • EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 123
    drfox said:
    PJNB said:

What percentage of that 65000 people are form the UK? I mean, I have many friends in Spain with tickets for BST and they won't go cos they will not be vaccinated and adding 100-150 € to the trip to get a covid test is not an option. How many people will be in the same situation in other countries? I don't know...
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427
    The date to claim a refund from Ten Club has now been put back to May 1st to allow time to review the situation in Europe.
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Even with vaccination things are going to be gradual. Dont think even 20,000 is likely in the UK by the end of June.

Even though they say no restrictions by then I think that there will be a very big caveat that there will be some common sense involved so small local events will get permission to go ahead but not 20,000 squashed together in front of a stage. I can see maybe some fans back into football stadiums for the Euros but not full capacity.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    that's cute how they think these shows can actually happen. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    edited March 2021
    SOLAT319 said:
    I happen to agree that the shows wont go ahead as planned, but I don't agree with mocking those that see the glass as half full. Each to their own, though.
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 145
    SOLAT319 said:
    By that date the Uk shows CAN happen. Whether they WILL happen is another story.
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    Tjm007 said:
    SOLAT319 said:
    By that date the Uk shows CAN happen. Whether they WILL happen is another story.
    I think that if BST can happen then it will happen, but what the event will look like or even who would be playing (as discussed many times would PJ play in the UK or come to Europe for just 2 shows) is another debate.

The UK (as well as many other countries) hospitality industry is on its knees and if social distancing restrictions have been lifted, and that is planned for 21 Jun (again I stress "if" and another debatable point), there is no way that the organisers will cancel the event or reduce the crowd numbers and issue refunds if they don't have to.
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,129
    UK now talking about vaccine certificate for entry to events not sure that's fair when not everyone will have had the opportunity to get one
    UK now talking about vaccine certificate for entry to events not sure that's fair when not everyone will have had the opportunity to get one
    That’s a good point and maybe argues for September by when at least most people will have had an opportunity.  It will still be unfair to some but probably not nearly as many as July.

From what I'd read, it sounds like the certificates would be proof that you've either been vaccinated or had a negative test, so even those that hadn't had the vaccinations could still get such a certificate. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/england-considering-covid-certificates-for-larger-events-after-lockdown/ar-BB1eKw3v?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Yay at queueing up for 6 hours to present your certificate then another 5 hours to go through airport style security just to see a show.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Brisk. said:
    Yay at queueing up for 6 hours to present your certificate then another 5 hours to go through airport style security just to see a show.
    To be fair, I’d do that to see PJ this summer!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    12 weeks until the Tour starts and it’s still on as of today.... starting to wonder if I should try and get plane tickets to Prague at this point...
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    12 weeks until the Tour starts and it’s still on as of today.... starting to wonder if I should try and get plane tickets to Prague at this point...
    Um, no.

• BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,129
    Id say only BST has a chance of happening and that's unlikely 
    Look like it's going to be illegal to leave the UK (less work study and family emergency) from 29 Mar until late June with a £5000 fine attached.  So regardless of any tour desicion, and we all have a good idea what that will be, that's Amsterdam and Berlin flushed down the shitter for me.
  • chilisuarezchilisuarez USA / Canada Posts: 110
    I've got tickets for all the European shows, I'm based in Canada and I'm certainly not booking anything. Planes/hotels/trains etc. We can't even go to Prague and/or many of the European destinations unless you are a citizen or resident of that country. I have a son in Germany who I haven't been able to visit since all this kicked in. It's unrealistic to think I'll be seeing PJ with god knows how many other people before I would even get to see my son. 

It's seems there is no way this tour can take place in 3 months time but I do wish it would have been communicated by now. I seriously do not think they are planning to tour, how can they; it's literally impossible. I assume the delay now is getting the rescheduled dates in place. 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,050
    I've got tickets for all the European shows, I'm based in Canada and I'm certainly not booking anything. Planes/hotels/trains etc. We can't even go to Prague and/or many of the European destinations unless you are a citizen or resident of that country. I have a son in Germany who I haven't been able to visit since all this kicked in. It's unrealistic to think I'll be seeing PJ with god knows how many other people before I would even get to see my son. 

It's seems there is no way this tour can take place in 3 months time but I do wish it would have been communicated by now. I seriously do not think they are planning to tour, how can they; it's literally impossible. I assume the delay now is getting the rescheduled dates in place. 
    Agree. They should just postpone all the shows apart from BST, SHN and Ohana and say they will make a decision on those in the next few months.
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 336
    CB254133 said:
    Look like it's going to be illegal to leave the UK (less work study and family emergency) from 29 Mar until late June with a £5000 fine attached.  So regardless of any tour desicion, and we all have a good idea what that will be, that's Amsterdam and Berlin flushed down the shitter for me.
    That's some very importante dates there ...

Think that everyone is trying to avoid the inevitable ...

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Jamer196 said:
    CB254133 said:
    That's some very importante dates there ...

Think that everyone is trying to avoid the inevitable ...

You mean that going to see Pearl Jam doesnt count as leaving the country for a reasonable cause! No holidays abroad this Summer for anyone in the UK is what will happen in my opinion. Seems sensible if we want to properly get this thing under some kind of control. Rough on airlines, travel companies etc but in hindsight if those measures had been put in place last March things might have been significantly different. Allowing people to travel last Summer was a big mistake.
  • abzmikeabzmike Posts: 24
    I don't think travel is going to the the biggest issue. Rising rates especially in Germany and central Europe will prevent any significant easing of control measures for months.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    abzmike said:
    I don't think travel is going to the the biggest issue. Rising rates especially in Germany and central Europe will prevent any significant easing of control measures for months.
    I am hoping case count stops mattering this summer or fall when the vaccine stops almost all hospitalizations and severe symptoms. Focusing on that is what we should be doing in the very near future. 
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    edited March 2021
    i just received the following email from the hotel in Zurich:
    Dear Mr. xxxx,
    We are pleased to write to you regarding your reservation for 28.-30.06.21.
    The concert, as you probably already know, has been postponed again....
    and they ask me if I would like to postpone my booking at the same terms / price etc.
    update soon?
    edited March 2021
    radar said:
    i just received the following email from the hotel in Zurich:
    Dear Mr. xxxx,
    We are pleased to write to you regarding your reservation for 28.-30.06.21.
    The concert, as you probably already know, has been postponed again....
    and they ask me if I would like to postpone my booking at the same terms / price etc.
    update soon?
    I've had emails from EasyJet today, my Copenhagen, Budapest, Prague and Krakow fights have all been cancelled.  Clearly flight cancellations are not connected to the tour butIi'm afraid the writing is on the wall. 
    Post edited by CB254133 on
This discussion has been closed.