2021 European Tour Announcement

Comments

• InsideJob75InsideJob75 Posts: 126
    Getting in touch with a ticket company isn’t going to help. 
    Ticket companies have nothing to do with shows-they are only the sellers of tickets. 

The promoters control the knowledge.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 145
    exile said:
    Sent message about london show yesterday . Here is the reply i am after getting >>
    Re: pearl jam concert
    Thank you for contacting AXS.

This event is still going ahead as planned. If this was to change you will be notified via email. You can also check our
    Help Centre and Social Media: Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates.

If an event is cancelled you will be refunded automatically back to the account used to purchase the tickets.

If an event is postponed your tickets will usually be available for the rescheduled date. If you can't attend the event on a rescheduled date please contact us to request a refund.

Kind regards,
    Well - all Covid restrictions are being lifted in the Uk in June - so why wouldn't it go ahead ?
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,129
    Is the refund deadline end of this month? Surely we hear one way or another by then ?
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    Is the refund deadline end of this month? Surely we hear one way or another by then ?
    1st April. Makes sense, but I wouldn‘t be very surprised if not......
  • abzmikeabzmike Posts: 24
    Tjm007 said:
    exile said:
    Sent message about london show yesterday . Here is the reply i am after getting >>

This event is still going ahead as planned. If this was to change you will be notified via email. You can also check our

If an event is cancelled you will be refunded automatically back to the account used to purchase the tickets.

If an event is postponed your tickets will usually be available for the rescheduled date. If you can't attend the event on a rescheduled date please contact us to request a refund.

Kind regards,
    Well - all Covid restrictions are being lifted in the Uk in June - so why wouldn't it go ahead ?
    There is no certainty about all restrictions being lifted in June, the way in which large events need to operate, how many people will be able to attend is still to be determined. It is the uncertainty that is the issue.
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Tjm007 said:
    exile said:

Kind regards,
    Do you live in this world?
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    raindog80 said:
    Tjm007 said:
    In the UK the R rate is down to below well 1 (ie the pandemic is shrinking), the number of new cases are plummeting (BBC news language not mine) and hospital admissions and COVID deaths are declining relieving the pressure on the NHS.  The only COVID number rapidly rising is the number of vaccinated people.  

If (granted a f***ing big IF!) current government plans proceed as expected there will be no social distancing restrictions in the UK on the BST weekend.  Also there are plans being made to bring back crowds to live sporting events including 20,000 for the FA Cup final at Wembley in May, I know that sporting events are different from concerts but all indicators for the UK are going in the right direction.  The UK mood music is to get back to a new normal against a COVID background that we have to learn to live with.  

Personally I think that a BST event on the 9/10 July will go ahead but wouldn't bet on what that will look like, the size of the crowd or even if PJ will play.
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 267
    The biggest sticking point could well be the availability/inclination of PJ to play BST. Even if the UK hits all of its milestones and there is no social distancing by July, are the band really likely to play just 2 shows out of its entire Euro tour? Will the band feel that it's safe enough for themselves, their crew and their foreign fans, all of which will have to travel from/through countries that perhaps aren't as in control of COVID? I think that might be the bigger blocker than the UK's R rate at this point. 
    Gravey1975 said:
    The biggest sticking point could well be the availability/inclination of PJ to play BST. Even if the UK hits all of its milestones and there is no social distancing by July, are the band really likely to play just 2 shows out of its entire Euro tour? Will the band feel that it's safe enough for themselves, their crew and their foreign fans, all of which will have to travel from/through countries that perhaps aren't as in control of COVID? I think that might be the bigger blocker than the UK's R rate at this point. 
    Exactly. I‘d bet some money that PJ already called it off. Would be nice to hear from the band though.
    JackD. said:
    Gravey1975 said:
    Exactly. I‘d bet some money that PJ already called it off. Would be nice to hear from the band though.
    Id be surprised if this wasn't the case 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    PJ has a lot of bargaining power but I would be surprised if even they have veto rights if the government deems it safe and the organizers want to proceed.  

I could absolutely see them doing BST as planned and deferring the other shows until next year.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    JackD. said:
    Gravey1975 said:
    PJ pulling out and the event going ahead will cost them a few quid - breaking a contract.

PJ has a lot of bargaining power but I would be surprised if even they have veto rights if the government deems it safe and the organizers want to proceed.  

I could absolutely see them doing BST as planned and deferring the other shows until next year.  
    I think if the organizers of BST want PJ to play ever again at any of their festivals, they‘d better grant their wishes and not pressure them
    to fulfill contracts.
    raindog80 said:
    Tjm007 said:
    exile said:

Kind regards,
    In the Uk, by June, all adults will have been vaccinated. 

What else is left to do - we can't wear masks and shut pubs and stadiums and block borders indefinitely. The Uk needs to get back to normality. 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Glen Hansard/ The Frames just rescheduled their Dublin show to 2022. it was supposed to be in June
    The issue as I see it is the June date is a "not before" not a guarantee if its delayed for any reason then the shows could be pulled very late with more costs already incurred. For that reason I think it will be pushed back if that's to September or 2022 I have no idea 
    JackD. said:

I think if the organizers of BST want PJ to play ever again at any of their festivals, they‘d better grant their wishes and not pressure them
    to fulfill contracts.
    Why do you assume PJ would be opposed to playing if it is safe? That’s what they do.  And the contract for BST 2021, having been entered into during COVID times, would almost certainly address how to handle a disagreement between the parties on safety in a professional way.  It’s not going to be an “if you don’t agree with me I’m taking away my toys forever” situation.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• beano.79beano.79 Posts: 633
    JackD. said:

to fulfill contracts.
    Why do you assume PJ would be opposed to playing if it is safe? That’s what they do.  And the contract for BST 2021, having been entered into during COVID times, would almost certainly address how to handle a disagreement between the parties on safety in a professional way.  It’s not going to be an “if you don’t agree with me I’m taking away my toys forever” situation.  
    I also think why wouldn't they want to play if it was safe?

They get to play in front of a festival size crowd for 2 nights. Which will feel special.

I imagine their booking fee is rather substantial and would be a welcome payday for the crew and all involved.

It's a festival set up so the stage and facilities will be ready and waiting.

IF it's safe of course.
    The issue as I see it is the June date is a "not before" not a guarantee if its delayed for any reason then the shows could be pulled very late with more costs already incurred. For that reason I think it will be pushed back if that's to September or 2022 I have no idea 
    Numbers are welll down on the predictions made when the date was set. If anything the pressure will be to bring dates forward.
    edited March 2021
    JackD. said:

to fulfill contracts.
    There have been quite a few arguments above. The strongest imho is that PJ is a very cautious band who cares about their fans. Especially their physical well-being.

Who cares if UK lifts their regulations but most of the fans travel from abroad, where vaccines, free travel and overall safety is far behind the UK?

So PJ would either risk the well-being of non-UK fans attending the shows or they would screw non-UK ticketholders over their ticket price because they can‘t make it to the shows because of restricted international travel.

Don‘t shoot the messenger, but these UK shows are not going ahead as scheduled with certainty of 100%.
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:

to fulfill contracts.
    Don‘t shoot the messenger, but these UK shows are not going ahead as scheduled with certainty of 100%.
    I agree completely. I suggest that the odds of a live outdoor show on that day being permitted to happen in the Uk is considerably higher than it was 1-2 months ago. By some margin. PJ playing may well not happen - for many reasons.

Nature abhors an information vacuum.
    I agree they would have to offer refunds to those from abroad who can’t make it due to lack of vaccinations or other regulatory reasons.  I’m not saying they will definitely play,  but I disagree that it is 100% certain that they will not.  In any case, we will see what happens, and it is at least fun to discuss.  

• With the latest issue for one on the vaccine's in the uk and ongoing daily protests that are happening in London i think this will put pay to any normality in June. 
    With the latest issue for one on the vaccine's in the uk and ongoing daily protests that are happening in London i think this will put pay to any normality in June. 
    https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2021/update-on-the-safety-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca.html
  • I would have no issue whatsoever having it, the growing media frenzy doesn't help and some people are refusing it wanting to get the other vaccine. Even though there is no link between the vaccine and blood clots, sure more poeple have been knocked over who have had the vaccine, doesn't mean we stop driving. When millions of people get vaccinated there are always going to be underlying health issues. Just meaning it could have a knock on effect, recent football crowd up in Scotland has seen a rise is number of cases, it's still out there.
    I would have no issue whatsoever having it, the growing media frenzy doesn't help and some people are refusing it wanting to get the other vaccine. Even though there is no link between the vaccine and blood clots, sure more poeple have been knocked over who have had the vaccine, doesn't mean we stop driving. When millions of people get vaccinated there are always going to be underlying health issues. Just meaning it could have a knock on effect, recent football crowd up in Scotland has seen a rise is number of cases, it's still out there.
    I feel positive we will get there this summer in the UK. I still think BST will get moved though which is fine by me. As long as it isn't weekend of sept 10th because I can't make that 😂
    With the latest issue for one on the vaccine's in the uk and ongoing daily protests that are happening in London i think this will put pay to any normality in June. 
    Not many in the Uk paying any attention to the continent having another anti vax meltdown.

As for the protests - 3 people and their dog isn’t a hill of beans.

Wishing bad news on us doesn’t make it so.
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427
    Rock Werchter have postponed until June 30 - July 3 2022
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
    Knock-knock? PJ? Anybody there? ;-)
This discussion has been closed.