The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i tried watching the kanye interview over the weekend and couldn't get past the 5 minute mark. call him a musical genius all you want, intellectually he's got two dead hamsters and a slug in that wheel. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• i tried watching the kanye interview over the weekend and couldn't get past the 5 minute mark. call him a musical genius all you want, intellectually he's got two dead hamsters and a slug in that wheel. 
    Ha! But I thought it was two turntables and a microphone?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • I was thinking about the Alex Jones interview from last week, and how the 20 minutes or so that I listened to was just a rambling stream of conspiracies about Biden...I'm hard pressed to think the timing of the podcast was a coincidence.

Has Rogan had any outspoken Trump critics on his show?

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2020
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Weird Rogan never had Trump on.... Marc Maron got Obama. Could see Trump sitting there in front of Rogan.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Weird Rogan never had Trump on.... Marc Maron got Obama. Could see Trump sitting there in front of Rogan.
    I'm guessing he will at some point, but only if trump figures it will benefit him in some way. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687

Is that the singer from Train or who is that?
    “Rogan, Barstool, all the anti-woke comics, just fuck them all in the eye. It’s trash garbage and I want it all to fail. What if all the stupid shit your racist neighbor you can’t stand said was typed up and put on a blog? Nope, still trash, still fuck it. I want them all out looking for work. Into the chipper with all of it.”

-Steve Albini

Steve Albini Calls Joe Rogan and Barstool Sports "Trash Garbage" | Consequence of Sound
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    “Rogan, Barstool, all the anti-woke comics, just fuck them all in the eye. It’s trash garbage and I want it all to fail. What if all the stupid shit your racist neighbor you can’t stand said was typed up and put on a blog? Nope, still trash, still fuck it. I want them all out looking for work. Into the chipper with all of it.”

-Steve Albini

Steve Albini Calls Joe Rogan and Barstool Sports "Trash Garbage" | Consequence of Sound

Had no idea what a Steve Albini was...looked him up.
    Ummm, the dude started a band called Rapeman.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409

-Steve Albini

Had no idea what a Steve Albini was...looked him up.
    Ummm, the dude started a band called Rapeman.

and produced Nirvana among others
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    and further and more to the point , its allowed for one douchebag( if he is) to call out other douchbags. Who better to know a douche than another?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    It is certainly allowed, and I admittedly know nothing about the guy other than what I looked up and scanned quickly.
    That stated, I can choose to value that he had a band called Rapeman in consideration of his opinion.
    He might very well be right -- but, Rapeman?  Really? 
    That is some cold shit right there.
    It is certainly allowed, and I admittedly know nothing about the guy other than what I looked up and scanned quickly.
    That stated, I can choose to value that he had a band called Rapeman in consideration of his opinion.
    He might very well be right -- but, Rapeman?  Really? 
    That is some cold shit right there.
    He also produced a song called Rape me.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Rapeman...?  Bet that went over big with the ladies!

Fortunately, I've come to not care much about the opinions of others.
    hedonist said:
    Rapeman...?  Bet that went over big with the ladies!

"Oh, you are in a band?  I love guys who are in bands!  Have I heard of your band?"

"Maybe.  We are Rapeman."

"Oh."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    hedonist said:

This... Steve Albini's opinion on Rogan has no bearing on mine... whether I agree with it or not. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    My favorite Steve Albini story

My favorite story is him taking a flat fee for producting In Utero instead of producer royalties. 
    Has Rogan come around on taking the vaccine yet, or does he still plan not to get it? 
    since he went spotify only I havent listened. well it was before that but....

surprised nothing was posted surrounding Jan 6.....

edited April 2021
    Has Rogan come around on taking the vaccine yet, or does he still plan not to get it? 
    I haven’t heard but hope so. I find him intelligent in many ways, so that choice (if unchanged) would surprise me.

Youtube is odd with some of his current shows. Some are clips, some full shows. I dig Joe but I’m not getting Spotify just for him. 
    hedonist said:
    I haven’t heard but hope so. I find him intelligent in many ways, so that choice (if unchanged) would surprise me.

Youtube is odd with some of his current shows. Some are clips, some full shows. I dig Joe but I’m not getting Spotify just for him. 
    I read a men’s health article this morning responding to his saying on the show that he didn’t plan to get the vaccine, he thought he was healthy enough & wouldn’t need it. (I didn’t hear the quote myself, so I’m taking the men’s health article at face value).

It was a couple months old, which is why I presented my question the way I did. 
    he's all over the place. Id' be interested to know who his guest was. he says a lot of stupid shit when it's one of his meathead comedians/MMA fighters on, but when he has an expert, he's more responsible and defers to them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I was right. another meathead comedian was his guest. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

If that pic was taken when he said it I think we can safely assume he was stoned off his ass.  :lol:     
    There are some great mashup clips of super-high Joe (him and Todd Glass, among others).
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Boneheads like Joe Rogan shouldn't be giving out medical advice.