The Pizza Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    The pie I'll be indulging in tonight might be considered self torture by some that frequent this thread though.  Any guesses?
    Case of the Lous.
    You know it bud! 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    The pie I'll be indulging in tonight might be considered self torture by some that frequent this thread though.  Any guesses?
    Case of the Lous.
    You know it bud! 

Your system is immune, I am guessing?

Enjoy it and share a pic!
    #thepienotthepoop
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I'm due for a Lou's deep dish too...has been a few months.  You go sausage patty biggs?  I usually get the Malnati classic...sausage patty, a little extra cheese on butercrust.  Phenomenal.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Case of the Lous.
    You know it bud! 

#thepienotthepoop
    Definitely immune. Doesn’t phase me that way but I eat a ton of spicy stuff, hot sauce, etc so maybe that plays a part. Haven’t had Lou’s in a while so we’re due. Will def share a pic of the pie only 😂
    I'm due for a Lou's deep dish too...has been a few months.  You go sausage patty biggs?  I usually get the Malnati classic...sausage patty, a little extra cheese on butercrust.  Phenomenal.
    I sure do! Sausage patty 100% of the time when I do deep dish. So damn good. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Case of the Lous.
    You know it bud! 

#thepienotthepoop
    Definitely immune. Doesn’t phase me that way but I eat a ton of spicy stuff, hot sauce, etc so maybe that plays a part. Haven’t had Lou’s in a while so we’re due. Will def share a pic of the pie only 😂
    Hot stuff doesn't get me either....but that pie sure did!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Lou’s is the shit!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Deep dish is great, but its not pizza! Had Pequod's last time in Chi town and it was REALLY good.  

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Eggplant pie

I SAW PEARL JAM
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lou’s is the shit!  
    The shits - I agree!
    Lou’s aka the shit(s)! 

Awesome - enjoy it!
    That looks good as hell!  But my grilled salmon and salad tasted even better!!!! (Yeah right lol)
    Cooked "under" - popped them into our oven to finish half and the other half will freeze.

Upside down sicilian and a 1/2 & 1/2

^ Sicilian looks bomb!! 
    They were both good when finished....not the best but good.
    Realize I haven't eaten my favorite pie since 2019.
    Frigging Rona!
    Frigging Rona!
    That sucks man but hopefully you can get after it in 2021. That will be the best damn pie you ever had! 
    Some great looking pies Brett!
    bbiggs said:
    Frigging Rona!
    That sucks man but hopefully you can get after it in 2021. That will be the best damn pie you ever had! 
    And it's down by the beach, mon.  Will be great!
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thanks - how many days left?
    You sneaking a pizza in on Easter Morning?
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thanks - how many days left?
    You sneaking a pizza in on Easter Morning?
    We ordered pizza for the kids this past Friday and my wife and I remained strong!!
    Glad the kids still get it!
    Glad the kids still get it!
    Easter morning I m ordering an upside down from Brooklyn square. (You’ve been there, it is in Jackson)
    One of the best pizzas I've had, for sure!!!
    edited March 2021
    In April We are heading down to Rowan for a campus tour, any good pizza places around there?
    mcgruff10 said:
    In April We are heading down to Rowan for a campus tour, any good pizza places around there?
    Not that I know of .. but there are bound to be if you look on nj.com lists.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    bbiggs said:
    Lou’s aka the shit(s)! 

I haven't had Lou's in over 2 years. I need to make the 4 hour drive North and hit Portillo's as well.
    I hate my children. ;) 

Hahaha.  Do they all combine to only eat one?

^ My kids would do the same to me.  They like watching me squirm. 

Also, I watch the History Channel series, "The Food That Built America."  Great series overall and fascinating stuff.  The most recent episode that I watched was called "Pizza Wars" and was essentially about the birth of pizza in the U.S. on a large scale that took place in the late 1950's.  I won't spoil anymore of it, but for any of us pizza nerds that frequent this thread, it is a fantastic watch that I'd highly recommend.