Options

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,672
    She's a disease...

She's like weeds with big leaves
    Stealing light from what's beneath

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    ^As long as she is stealing that light, the dems chances of holding the house seems promising

--https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-do-americans-think-of-marjorie-taylor-greene-liz-cheney-josh-hawley/

-

FEB. 5, 2021, AT 6:00 AM

What Do Americans Think Of Marjorie Taylor Greene? Liz Cheney? Josh Hawley?

Welcome to Pollapalooza, our weekly polling roundup.

Poll(s) of the week

With former President Trump out of office, other Republican politicians, from Sen. Josh Hawley to Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene to Rep. Liz Cheney, are taking their turns in the limelight. But it hasn’t exactly been an auspicious debut: New polls this week from Morning Consult/PoliticoYouGov/The Economist and SurveyMonkey/Axios measured the national popularity of eight prominent congressional Republicans and found that all eight were more unpopular than popular with the general public.1

These 8 congressional Republicans are pretty unpopular

The share of Americans with a favorable or unfavorable opinion of eight Republican senators and representatives in three recent polls

POLITICIANSHARE WITH AN OPINIONFAVORABLEUNFAVORABLENET
    Ted Cruz79%34%45%-11
    Mitch McConnell781959-39
    Liz Cheney572731-4
    Josh Hawley571938-19
    Kevin McCarthy562333-11
    Marjorie Taylor Greene521537-22
    Lauren Boebert371225-13
    Madison Cawthorn271116-5

Numbers for Cruz and Hawley are from YouGov/The Economist; numbers for Cawthorn are from Morning Consult/Politico; numbers for McCarthy are an average of Morning Consult/Politico and SurveyMonkey/
    Axios; numbers for Boebert are an average of YouGov/The Economist and Morning Consult/Politico;
    numbers for Cheney, Greene and McConnell are an average of all three polls. YouGov/The Economist and SurveyMonkey/Axios surveyed all adults, while Morning Consult/Politico surveyed only registered voters.

SOURCES: YOUGOV/THE ECONOMIST, MORNING CONSULT/POLITICO, SURVEYMONKEY/AXIOS

That said, there are some pretty important differences in the source of that unpopularity. Some are liked by Republicans but positively detested by Democrats. Some are disliked by Republicans themselves, raising doubts about their ability to shape the future direction of the party. And still others are established villains for Democrats but have yet to make a name for themselves among Republicans, suggesting room to grow as forces within the GOP.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

"Mock".  That's one of her basic characteristics.  She's all about mocking, hating, disparaging, condescending, bullying, trolling and being spiteful and nasty.  She's like a goddess of wickedness.  Evil to the core.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    brianlux said:

"Mock".  That's one of her basic characteristics.  She's all about mocking, hating, disparaging, condescending, bullying, trolling and being spiteful and nasty.  She's like a goddess of wickedness.  Evil to the core.
    She is a disgusting human being. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    brianlux said:

Agree.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:

Agree.
    I see you have your new devil now
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Lettin' her bigot flag fly. :tongue:
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    She is the flag waver for the gop platform...

Fear
    Hate
    Homophobia
    Ignorance
    Lies
    Misogyny 
    Racism
    Transphobia
    Xenophobia

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    She is the flag waver for the gop platform...

Fear
    Hate
    Homophobia
    Ignorance
    Lies
    Misogyny 
    Racism
    Transphobia
    Xenophobia

She's the Quiet Part Loud of the party.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Merge with "disgusting human beings" thread!

• Options
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:

Agree.
    she certainly is mine. She truly awful. Not just a moderate I disagree with. But you be you.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:

Agree.
    she certainly is mine. She truly awful. Not just a moderate I disagree with. But you be you.
    The problem is much deeper than MJT
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:

Agree.
    The problem is much deeper than MJT
    Yup, but the moderate independent/dem isn’t the issue at all.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Vile fits her well too just pathetic that someone like her has clout over uninformed people! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Trigger warning. My post may offend you. Retreat to your safe space if necessary. 

I despise MJT as much as everyone. But I feel like the other Congresswoman's planting of the flag and then posting it on Twitter just wasn't necessary. It was a symbolic display designed to instigate an argument and we can't be surprised that MJT would provide her own retort. I mean, really, did anyone expect that MJT would look at the flag and say, "oh my gosh, I've been wrong all these years." Of course she would escalate the issue with a sign of bigotry. Duh!

I believe the more mature, stately thing would have been to declare victory for transgender people, leave fucking MJT's name out of the victory speech, and let her stew in her own shit until she drowns in it. Provoking her intentionally isn't going to make her go away. It just gives her more oxygen. She thrives on a fight. Don't give her one.

And can we just stop planting flags altogether? The obsession with symbols, I just don't get. 
  • Options
    Trigger warning. My post may offend you. Retreat to your safe space if necessary. 

I despise MJT as much as everyone. But I feel like the other Congresswoman's planting of the flag and then posting it on Twitter just wasn't necessary. It was a symbolic display designed to instigate an argument and we can't be surprised that MJT would provide her own retort. I mean, really, did anyone expect that MJT would look at the flag and say, "oh my gosh, I've been wrong all these years." Of course she would escalate the issue with a sign of bigotry. Duh!

I believe the more mature, stately thing would have been to declare victory for transgender people, leave fucking MJT's name out of the victory speech, and let her stew in her own shit until she drowns in it. Provoking her intentionally isn't going to make her go away. It just gives her more oxygen. She thrives on a fight. Don't give her one.

And can we just stop planting flags altogether? The obsession with symbols, I just don't get. 

What is the deal with "the other Congresswoman's planting of the flag and then posting it on Twitter"?  What other Congresswoman?  What was this about?

"let her stew in her own shit until she drowns in it. Provoking her intentionally isn't going to make her go away. It just gives her more oxygen. She thrives on a fight. Don't give her one."

That  makes good sense.  She seems like the type of person that thrives on attention, even (maybe especially) negative attention.  Just like Trump.  People like that have failed to move on from some stage  (or stages) of development or growth.  In some ways they are still children.  Feeding their endless hunger for attention can be dangerous and only makes them more unbalanced.  

• Options

I agree she isn’t worth the publicity or the breath
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621

For sure.. giant troll move.  The right wing feeds on grievance,  so they will play this game all day.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,674
    MJT? what am I missing here?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    MJT? what am I missing here?
    You're not. I have a niece whose nickname is MJ and I think it was an abbreviation typing impulse. My niece is nothing like her, though. She'll be upset when I tell her I confused her initials with the other one.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    brianlux said:

What is the deal with "the other Congresswoman's planting of the flag and then posting it on Twitter"?  What other Congresswoman?  What was this about?

"let her stew in her own shit until she drowns in it. Provoking her intentionally isn't going to make her go away. It just gives her more oxygen. She thrives on a fight. Don't give her one."

That  makes good sense.  She seems like the type of person that thrives on attention, even (maybe especially) negative attention.  Just like Trump.  People like that have failed to move on from some stage  (or stages) of development or growth.  In some ways they are still children.  Feeding their endless hunger for attention can be dangerous and only makes them more unbalanced.  

I read the whole article attached to the tweet. The sign she hung in the hallway was after Congresswoman Newman with the transgender daughter tweeted about about her first, triggering her on purpose by planting a rainbow flag next to the American flag by her door. She staged  a middle school drama move on Twitter, and then the response was even worse, of course, but the whole thing together was two grown women acting like mean girls when they're supposed to be governing the United States. Enough already. 
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    brianlux said:

I read the whole article attached to the tweet. The sign she hung in the hallway was after Congresswoman Newman with the transgender daughter tweeted about about her first, triggering her on purpose by planting a rainbow flag next to the American flag by her door. She staged  a middle school drama move on Twitter, and then the response was even worse, of course, but the whole thing together was two grown women acting like mean girls when they're supposed to be governing the United States. Enough already. 

Thanks for clarifying. (We have limited ISP data so I can't open as many links as used to.  Sucks!)
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    brianlux said:

No. One person showing love and support, the other showing hate.

But of course there is always somebody who is going to both sides this.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:

After a contentious debate on the Equality Act, which would extend civil rights protections to the LGBTQ community, Rep. Marie Newman (D-Ill.) on Wednesday raised a transgender pride flag outside her office — which happens to sit directly across from the office of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), one of the bill’s most vocal opponents.
    “Our neighbor, [Greene], tried to block the Equality Act because she believes prohibiting discrimination against trans Americans is ‘disgusting, immoral, and evil,’” Newman, who has a transgender daughter, wrote on Twitter with a video of her hanging the flag. “Thought we’d put up our Transgender flag so she can look at it every time she opens her door.”

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:

I don't know that there's a 'both sides' argument, but I would question whether the D congresswoman twitting about it was productive or counter-productive.  Does giving MTG a reason to pick a fight, be a victim, give a platform help us or hurt us?  I don't know the answer to that, but there's certainly an argument to ignore her ignorant ass. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:

I don't know that there's a 'both sides' argument, but I would question whether the D congresswoman twitting about it was productive or counter-productive.  Does giving MTG a reason to pick a fight, be a victim, give a platform help us or hurt us?  I don't know the answer to that, but there's certainly an argument to ignore her ignorant ass. 

post above yours has a quote from the other Rep.....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:

yeah I know.  But I think the D rep is the one that took it public if I'm not mistaken.  If so, I don't know that giving MTG the victim/radical platform is a good thing.  
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:

yeah I know.  But I think the D rep is the one that took it public if I'm not mistaken.  If so, I don't know that giving MTG the victim/radical platform is a good thing.  

yes, her quote on twitter with video. we're putting it so she can see it everyday doesnt suggest to me it was done in loving support of the trans community. it was done to piss off her neighbor.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:

yes, her quote on twitter with video. we're putting it so she can see it everyday doesnt suggest to me it was done in loving support of the trans community. it was done to piss off her neighbor.
    Exactly. That was my point. It wasn't a both side-ism. It was a suggestion that grown women fighting on Twitter is an embarrassment. The comments from Newman's constituents on her feed say it all . . . Can you just get to work, please? My own Congresswoman posted about the posts about the posts (it's fucking endless) and I said the same thing to her. 

But some people just like to pull out "It's both sides" any time they don't understand the purpose of a critique.