The coronavirus

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just found out that my wife and I get our first Pfizer vaccination shot this Thursday!

Good news!
    That is GOOD news!!

I'm in NJ and  my 82 year old Mom hasn't got  her first shot. I signed her up about 2 weeks ago, after trying for 3 weeks or so. Seems to be no rhyme or reason how this is getting done? A friend of mine who's 81 , and retired, has already got both his shots.  A friends-Friend , who is 66, and retired, got both of his shots too. 

Damn, how could that be?  Is her group eligible, there just isnt an appointment open?
    I am in 1C but not eligible yet.  A neighbor is 1C and for some reason is eligible (she had some health issues in the past) but is younger than me...although she is driving 45 mins to a spot that had openings.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Are you all really that old? How the hell are you getting the vaccine?
    Some places will let anyone get a vaccine if there are cancellations so that the vaccine doesn’t go to waste.  You might ask around if you want the vaccine sooner.  Better than it going to waste.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited February 2021
    A piece of good news

We get a daily or every other day update from hospital admin outlining the number of COVID inpatients and what not, and these numbers have been quickly trending down

Today, we have the fewest number of COVID inpatients admitted to our main hospital since this started in March 2020 (Community hospital in Massachusetts)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    That is good news.  Hope the trend continues.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Great to hear!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    A piece of good news

We get a daily or every other day update from hospital admin outlining the number of COVID inpatients and what not, and these numbers have been quickly trending down

Today, we have the fewest number of COVID inpatients admitted to our main hospital since this started in March 2020 (Community hospital in Massachusetts)
    That is good. Been checking the dashboard daily and hospitalizations state wide are declining at a steady pace. Getting folks vaccinated and being 2 months clear of the holidays is getting things back on track. Positive test rate back under 2% after getting up to 8% range in early January.
    Lets hope the vaccine roll out gets a bit smoother (so Chuckles Baker doesn't have to tell us he's pissed off after a web site crash) and we can be back to some semblance of normalcy by summer.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    A piece of good news

That is good. Been checking the dashboard daily and hospitalizations state wide are declining at a steady pace. Getting folks vaccinated and being 2 months clear of the holidays is getting things back on track. Positive test rate back under 2% after getting up to 8% range in early January.
    Lets hope the vaccine roll out gets a bit smoother (so Chuckles Baker doesn't have to tell us he's pissed off after a web site crash) and we can be back to some semblance of normalcy by summer.
    Winter break just ended, though. Hope things still look good in two weeks.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    A piece of good news

Winter break just ended, though. Hope things still look good in two weeks.
    Yep, let's hope so.
    We seem to have avoided a Super Bowl spike (snowstorm probably helped), hopefully Feb vacation spike doesn't happen.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just found out that my wife and I get our first Pfizer vaccination shot this Thursday!

Good news!
    That is GOOD news!!

I'm in NJ and  my 82 year old Mom hasn't got  her first shot. I signed her up about 2 weeks ago, after trying for 3 weeks or so. Seems to be no rhyme or reason how this is getting done? A friend of mine who's 81 , and retired, has already got both his shots.  A friends-Friend , who is 66, and retired, got both of his shots too. 

Damn, how could that be?  Is her group eligible, there just isnt an appointment open?
    I am in 1C but not eligible yet.  A neighbor is 1C and for some reason is eligible (she had some health issues in the past) but is younger than me...although she is driving 45 mins to a spot that had openings.
    Good question because, like I said, I know a friend of mine who's a year younger(81) then my mom(82) and he's retired and has no underlying health issues. I'd have to think her group is eligible since my friend got his shots, and their both in the same Group. 

My friends friend who is 66, retired, no underlying issues, has gotten both of his shots too. GREAT for them, but I admit I have no clue how it's being done in NJ. 

What Group is in 1C ? 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    My father did his first dose yesterday..no side effects yet..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Good news!
    That is GOOD news!!

Good question because, like I said, I know a friend of mine who's a year younger(81) then my mom(82) and he's retired and has no underlying health issues. I'd have to think her group is eligible since my friend got his shots, and their both in the same Group. 

My friends friend who is 66, retired, no underlying issues, has gotten both of his shots too. GREAT for them, but I admit I have no clue how it's being done in NJ. 

What Group is in 1C ? 

This is for NJ...your mom would be in Individuals at High Risk - 1B

Individuals aged 65 and older, and individuals ages 16-64 with medical conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus. These conditions include:

• Cancer
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
    • Down Syndrome
    • Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
    • Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
    • Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
    • Sickle cell disease
    • Smoking
    • Type 2 diabetes mellitus

Healthcare Personnel (Phase 1A)
    Long-Term Care Residents and Staff (Phase 1A)
    First Responders (Phase 1B)
    Individuals at High Risk (Phase 1B)
    Additional essential workers (Phases 1B and/or 1C)
    Additional individuals at high risk (Phases 1B and/or 1C)
    General population (Phase 2)

Not sure how I fit into 1C.  My company is considered essential, but I did not check any boxes in the form that would make me think they looked at that....I think it was the "have you ever been a smoker", which is garbage.  I was a light smoker for years but quit a year and a half ago...and someone could click yet to that but not have had a smoke in 20 years.
    This was the only answer I gave which would put me in any potential high risk zone, but they had a bunch of questions in that section where you had one box to click Yes or No.

Since they appear to be tiers to each phase, I would think my appointment options would not be available until late in 1C.

For your mom, though, she should be able to schedule now.  Signing up is one thing (did you/she get an email confirming group?  I can share the link to sign up to make sure it is the same one I did) but then once you are eligible I think you need to hunt for a place where you want to try and get a shot and work their system to get an appointment.

Good luck!  She should be able to do it now...but if it is crowded in her area she may need to go somewhere less crowded.

mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJNB said:
    Back on some positive news. UK just had a major announcement and I hope NA follows suit with a similar positive announcement. This is how you roll out how to reopen. Not the trickles of negative news we have been getting the last couple of months even with vaccines rolling out and numbers dropping off. 

May be an image of text that says COVID-1 RESPONSE SPRING The Roadmap steps Step 1 Figure 9 Step 1 STEP 1 8 March Schools and colleges are open students Practical Higher Education Courses Recreation or exercise outdoors household other person No household mixing indoors  Wraparound childcare Stay at home Funerals 30 wakes and weddings 6 29 March  Rule of6 two households outdoors household mixing indoors Outdoor sport leisure facilities Organised outdoor sport allowed children and adults Minimise travel No holidays   Outdoor parent child groups up 5 parents

May be an image of text that says Step 2 Figure 10 Step 2 STEP 2 At least five weeks after Step no earlier than April Indoor leisure including open individually within household groups  Rule of6 or two households outdoors No household mixing indoors Outdoor attractions such theme parks and drive-in cinemas Libraries and community centres FEES Personal care premises All retail Outdoor hospitality All childrens activities indoor parent child groups up 15 parents Domestic overnight stays household only Self-contained accommodation household only Funerals 30 wakes weddings receptions 15 TICKET Minimise travel international holidays Event pilots begin

May be an image of text that says Step 3 Figure 11 Step 3 STEP 3 At least five weeks after Step earlier than 17 May Indoor entertainment and attractions  30 person limit outdoors Rule of6 two households indoors subjecto review Domestic overnight stays Organised indoor adult sport Most significant life events 30 Remaining outdoor entertainment including performances Remaining accommodation Some large events except pilots capacity limits apply Indoor events 1000 50 Outdoor other events 4000 50 Outdoor seated events 10000 25 International travel subject review

May be an image of text that says Step 4 Figure 12 Step STEP At least five weeks after Step 3 no earlier than 21 June By Step 4 the Government hopes to be able to introduce the following subject to review  No limits Nolegamt on social contact Nightclubs TICKET Larger events Noll all legal limit on life events 
    That’s interesting.  Many areas in the US have been allowing outdoor sports and places like zoos to be open for a while now.  We actually went to our local zoo over this past weekend.  Gyms, restaurants, etc have been open for a long time with face mask regulations.  Drive in cinemas never closed and was an easy outlet for entertainment during all of this...
    I guess all you guys skipped over this part of the comment. 

Reading is HARD.

And 500,000 people didn't die from hanging out in their house for a year.
    how is this an example of "reading is hard"? outdoor zoos are not the same, obviously, as indoor gyms or dining. 

maybe comprehension is hard?
    I guess you suffer from both then. Keep your chin up, with HARD work and perseverance I believe you will get a handle on all this complicated stuff. I'm rooting for you.
    Yeah all those >55 year olds getting covid at the gym really tipped the scales.
    How did those old people get the virus? Or was it just old people getting it and spreading it to old people?

Maybe people under 55 can't spread the virus? Must have missed that scientific paper.

Judging by the responses here I can see why 500,000 have died in a year. Might as well just revert back to "it's just the flu".
    So are you not accepting the fact that the vast majority catch it from private gatherings, and not restaurants or outside activities? Businesses that follow social distancing and other guidelines only account for a small percent of all cases. 

Do we have facts to support this?  1)  That the vast majority catch COVID-10 from private gatherings?
    2)  Businesses that follow social distancing and other guidelines only account for a small percent(age) of all cases?

It is stated as factual, was curious if we have reference sources on this?

Here is the first google search that popped up, Feel free to search more if you like.
    https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/andrew-cuomo-private-household-gatherings-driving-mew-york-state-spread-of-covid-19/71-ea875293-1ea0-446b-a9a2-eb3ae1fe6dbd
    This is just New York, but its not that drastically different if you find nationwide data. I didnt post a source because I haven't heard anyone claim anything but household gatherings as the primary source, I thought it was common knowledge at this point that they were the primary spreader.
    1. Private gatherings - 74%
    2. Health care delivery  -  8%
    3. Higher ed student - 2%
    Restaurants and gyms are not in the top 3, leaving them below 2%. Gyms were actually listed as 0.06%, but that probably isnt accurate since most have been closed.
    All restaurant dining is usually listed around 1-2%. Making outside dining alone very small. Which is why so many find the forced shutdowns completely uneccesarry for small business, when they aren't the ones spreading the virus. In some cases you couldn't eat outside with a near-zero chance of spreading the virus, but no one was stopping you from having a birthdya party at your house.

I'm skeptical of how accurate this tracing proves to be -- but these numbers are not really subject to any +/- concern when the data NY shared points definitively to 1-2 causes beyond 2%. 
    Interesting.

I still think the right thing to do was to shut things down and enforce the message that people needed to stay home -- not so much because restaurants were where people would get them, but because the American citizens proved we are selfish assholes who were going to Grandma's house OR having a 3rd birthday party for Little Ginny OR whatever bullshit reasons people cited to get together.

This whole thing sucks.  If people could just be responsible this would have been so different -- and, I would like to think that things could have been approached differently in December or whenever these numbers were back in to make people feel that there was actual data to support safe ways to do things previously locked down.

All comes back to people being such idiots.  Anti-Maskers.  Gotta Have Thanksgiving-ers. 
    Fools.

This does make me feel better about the prospect of things being different in 2021 -- keep at distance, wash, keep the masks up...and be able to do many more things.  They need to allow enforcement of mask / occupancy / distance rules.  Still too many among us who will fight to protect their so called freedoms, putting others at risk at the same time.
    Also....who can believe Cuomo's numbers.  :lol:    
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    hahahaha true true
    hippiemom = goodness
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Ha! This is very true. 
    If my district goes fully in-person in April, we are suing the ever-loving fuck out of this shithole town.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dankind said:
    If my district goes fully in-person in April, we are suing the ever-loving fuck out of this shithole town.
    Yeah, good luck with that.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited February 2021
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJNB said:
    Back on some positive news. UK just had a major announcement and I hope NA follows suit with a similar positive announcement. This is how you roll out how to reopen. Not the trickles of negative news we have been getting the last couple of months even with vaccines rolling out and numbers dropping off. 

May be an image of text that says COVID-1 RESPONSE SPRING The Roadmap steps Step 1 Figure 9 Step 1 STEP 1 8 March Schools and colleges are open students Practical Higher Education Courses Recreation or exercise outdoors household other person No household mixing indoors  Wraparound childcare Stay at home Funerals 30 wakes and weddings 6 29 March  Rule of6 two households outdoors household mixing indoors Outdoor sport leisure facilities Organised outdoor sport allowed children and adults Minimise travel No holidays   Outdoor parent child groups up 5 parents

May be an image of text that says Step 2 Figure 10 Step 2 STEP 2 At least five weeks after Step no earlier than April Indoor leisure including open individually within household groups  Rule of6 or two households outdoors No household mixing indoors Outdoor attractions such theme parks and drive-in cinemas Libraries and community centres FEES Personal care premises All retail Outdoor hospitality All childrens activities indoor parent child groups up 15 parents Domestic overnight stays household only Self-contained accommodation household only Funerals 30 wakes weddings receptions 15 TICKET Minimise travel international holidays Event pilots begin

May be an image of text that says Step 3 Figure 11 Step 3 STEP 3 At least five weeks after Step earlier than 17 May Indoor entertainment and attractions  30 person limit outdoors Rule of6 two households indoors subjecto review Domestic overnight stays Organised indoor adult sport Most significant life events 30 Remaining outdoor entertainment including performances Remaining accommodation Some large events except pilots capacity limits apply Indoor events 1000 50 Outdoor other events 4000 50 Outdoor seated events 10000 25 International travel subject review

May be an image of text that says Step 4 Figure 12 Step STEP At least five weeks after Step 3 no earlier than 21 June By Step 4 the Government hopes to be able to introduce the following subject to review  No limits Nolegamt on social contact Nightclubs TICKET Larger events Noll all legal limit on life events 
    That’s interesting.  Many areas in the US have been allowing outdoor sports and places like zoos to be open for a while now.  We actually went to our local zoo over this past weekend.  Gyms, restaurants, etc have been open for a long time with face mask regulations.  Drive in cinemas never closed and was an easy outlet for entertainment during all of this...
    I guess all you guys skipped over this part of the comment. 

Reading is HARD.

And 500,000 people didn't die from hanging out in their house for a year.
    how is this an example of "reading is hard"? outdoor zoos are not the same, obviously, as indoor gyms or dining. 

maybe comprehension is hard?
    I guess you suffer from both then. Keep your chin up, with HARD work and perseverance I believe you will get a handle on all this complicated stuff. I'm rooting for you.
    Yeah all those >55 year olds getting covid at the gym really tipped the scales.
    How did those old people get the virus? Or was it just old people getting it and spreading it to old people?

Maybe people under 55 can't spread the virus? Must have missed that scientific paper.

Judging by the responses here I can see why 500,000 have died in a year. Might as well just revert back to "it's just the flu".
    So are you not accepting the fact that the vast majority catch it from private gatherings, and not restaurants or outside activities? Businesses that follow social distancing and other guidelines only account for a small percent of all cases. 

Do we have facts to support this?  1)  That the vast majority catch COVID-10 from private gatherings?
    2)  Businesses that follow social distancing and other guidelines only account for a small percent(age) of all cases?

It is stated as factual, was curious if we have reference sources on this?

Here is the first google search that popped up, Feel free to search more if you like.
    https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/andrew-cuomo-private-household-gatherings-driving-mew-york-state-spread-of-covid-19/71-ea875293-1ea0-446b-a9a2-eb3ae1fe6dbd
    This is just New York, but its not that drastically different if you find nationwide data. I didnt post a source because I haven't heard anyone claim anything but household gatherings as the primary source, I thought it was common knowledge at this point that they were the primary spreader.
    1. Private gatherings - 74%
    2. Health care delivery  -  8%
    3. Higher ed student - 2%
    Restaurants and gyms are not in the top 3, leaving them below 2%. Gyms were actually listed as 0.06%, but that probably isnt accurate since most have been closed.
    All restaurant dining is usually listed around 1-2%. Making outside dining alone very small. Which is why so many find the forced shutdowns completely uneccesarry for small business, when they aren't the ones spreading the virus. In some cases you couldn't eat outside with a near-zero chance of spreading the virus, but no one was stopping you from having a birthdya party at your house.

I'm skeptical of how accurate this tracing proves to be -- but these numbers are not really subject to any +/- concern when the data NY shared points definitively to 1-2 causes beyond 2%. 
    Interesting.

I still think the right thing to do was to shut things down and enforce the message that people needed to stay home -- not so much because restaurants were where people would get them, but because the American citizens proved we are selfish assholes who were going to Grandma's house OR having a 3rd birthday party for Little Ginny OR whatever bullshit reasons people cited to get together.

This whole thing sucks.  If people could just be responsible this would have been so different -- and, I would like to think that things could have been approached differently in December or whenever these numbers were back in to make people feel that there was actual data to support safe ways to do things previously locked down.

All comes back to people being such idiots.  Anti-Maskers.  Gotta Have Thanksgiving-ers. 
    Fools.

This does make me feel better about the prospect of things being different in 2021 -- keep at distance, wash, keep the masks up...and be able to do many more things.  They need to allow enforcement of mask / occupancy / distance rules.  Still too many among us who will fight to protect their so called freedoms, putting others at risk at the same time.
    I agree, the right decision was to shut down last year when not much was known. They should have been open for the last few months with guidelines in place. California was shutting down again when all this was known more recently, and putting restaurant owners out of business while allowing movie crews to set up food tents in their parking lots. Shutting them down again would do nothing. Shutting down restaurants doesn’t prevent people from gathering indoors. If anything, it encourages it when they can’t meet anywhere else.
    But if you avoid private gatherings indoors, wear a mask and social distance for everything else your risk is very low.
    About being hopeful, things are getting better. But I don’t see Pear Jam playing within the next 6 months. I just don’t see them playing to reduced capacity crowds. But maybe by the fall they won’t have to.

Post edited by mace1229 on
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    Thanks, no luck needed. They will be breaking the law. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    Jeffrey Riley said yesterday anyone who chooses to keep their kids going remote after a return to in person learning is able to do so, so you can keep your kids at home for rest of school year if you so choose.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    Not sure what state you live in.  What does the law say?
    The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, God save it!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    Oh thank Goodness. No one has ever lost a lawsuit against someone who breaks the law. You got this for sure.
    dankind said:
    What data, from what organization, reported in what way (what media) would convince you in school learning can be safe?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    edited February 2021
    Interesting.

Fools.

A couple of things...  First, you ask for the data and the guy provides the data and you question it immediately and are skeptical.  No agenda at all here, right?

Second, in your opinion you believe this whole thing could have been avoided by staying home and shutting everything down.  News flash, virus gonna virus.  Just ask the nuns in this KY monastery...  https://local12.com/news/local/two-sisters-at-villa-hills-monastery-die-from-covid-19-after-28-test-positive-cincinnati

In their own words, "We were very shocked by it because we’ve been extremely closed-down. We have not gone anywhere to speak of, and we haven’t had visitors,”.  Read the story and draw your own conclusions.  I have some theories.  Also interesting that all of the ladies who tested positive (28 total), only two in their nineties passed from it.

Finally, you say, "
    All comes back to people being such idiots.  Anti-Maskers.".  So with Lord Fauci's latest recommendation that everyone double-mask, surely you are double masking correct?  Because if you do not put two masks to your face EVERY time you are around someone, you are part of the problem you speak against.  But who am I kidding, as much as you preach about those still trying to protect what liberties they have left, surely you are doing your part in stopping the spread.

Here is a thread on all the "mis" or "dis" information Lord Fauci has spread since the beginning.

Pay close attention to this part, "
    As an addendum, since these tweets have become popular. I come from the Left. Or at least I did, before the Left sacrificed human and civil rights in favor of a public health autocracy. It’s not lost on me this crisis was used as an election year battering ram."

And here is Lord Fauci on masks...

The tweets above are part of a series of tweets.  I encourage each of you to click on the names and read them all.  Some doozies in there.  I report, you decide.
    Post edited by gvn2fly1421 on
    Interesting.

Fools.

A couple of things...  First, you ask for the data and the guy provides the data and you question it immediately and are skeptical.  No agenda at all here, right?

Second, in your opinion you believe this whole thing could have been avoided by staying home and shutting everything down.  News flash, virus gonna virus.  Just ask the nuns in this KY monastery...  https://local12.com/news/local/two-sisters-at-villa-hills-monastery-die-from-covid-19-after-28-test-positive-cincinnati

In their own words, "We were very shocked by it because we’ve been extremely closed-down. We have not gone anywhere to speak of, and we haven’t had visitors,”.  Read the story and draw your own conclusions.  I have some theories.  Also interesting that all of the ladies who tested positive (28 total), only two in their nineties passed from it.

Finally, you say, "
    All comes back to people being such idiots.  Anti-Maskers.".  So with Lord Fauci's latest recommendation that everyone double-mask, surely you are double masking correct?  Because if you do not put two masks to your face EVERY time you are around someone, you are part of the problem you speak against.  But who am I kidding, as much as you preach about those still trying to protect what liberties they have left, surely you are doing your part in stopping the spread.

Here is a thread on all the "mis" or "dis" information Lord Fauci has spread since the beginning.

Pay close attention to this part, "
    As an addendum, since these tweets have become popular. I come from the Left. Or at least I did, before the Left sacrificed human and civil rights in favor of a public health autocracy. It’s not lost on me this crisis was used as an election year battering ram."

The tweets above are part of a series of tweets.  I encourage each of you to click on the names and read them all.  Some doozies in there.  I report, you decide.

Re: the bold segment of your reply.....I am skeptical of most claims around contact tracing.  I accept the source as reputable, and I further accepted that the numbers shared were not ones that I would truly doubt due to the overwhelming point they have to make.
    What agenda do you assume this points to?

Virus gonna virus, huh?  Do you understand how communicable diseases work? 

The whole Lord Fauci shtick makes me look past whatever you had to say.

Did not ask for your reporting, do not feel the need to decide.

Next.
    edited February 2021
    dankind said:
    What data, from what organization, reported in what way (what media) would convince you in school learning can be safe?
    In-school learning can be safe. Not here, though. Not for my family (all with comorbidities). Not by April. 

The governor lives in my town, and since he totally screwed the pooch on vax appointments (website crashed) last week, he and DESE are wagging the dog toward full in-person learning in April. 

Better than having to say, "my bad," I guess.

There's data for the general populace, then there's data for people with underlying health conditions. I follow both but admittedly one a little more closely. 

I would love nothing more for kids to get back to school in April, generally speaking, but lawfully, the town/district must provide alternatives for those who can't join the rest of the herd just yet. Or face its biggest fear: a lawsuit.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Interesting.

Fools.

Finally, you say, "All comes back to people being such idiots.  Anti-Maskers.".  So with Lord Fauci's latest recommendation that everyone double-mask, surely you are double masking correct?  Because if you do not put two masks to your face EVERY time you are around someone, you are part of the problem you speak against.  But who am I kidding, as much as you preach about those still trying to protect what liberties they have left, surely you are doing your part in stopping the spread.

Pay close attention to this part, "As an addendum, since these tweets have become popular. I come from the Left. Or at least I did, before the Left sacrificed human and civil rights in favor of a public health autocracy. It’s not lost on me this crisis was used as an election year battering ram."

Re: the bold segment of your reply.....I am skeptical of most claims around contact tracing.  I accept the source as reputable, and I further accepted that the numbers shared were not ones that I would truly doubt due to the overwhelming point they have to make.

Next.
    Linking tweets is not reporting...no wonder people have less respect for the media, they don't know what they do.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Re: the bold segment of your reply.....I am skeptical of most claims around contact tracing.  I accept the source as reputable, and I further accepted that the numbers shared were not ones that I would truly doubt due to the overwhelming point they have to make.

Next.
    Thanks for admitting that your freedumbs of not double masking is causing to the continuation of this virus.  You single mask therefore YOU are part of the problem.  You Trumper, go back to Q with all that single mask bullshit you are spewing in here.  This is DOUBLE mask territory.  You must be double masking when in these forums.  End sarcasm.  See, do you actually see how dumb that sounds?

If masks are so effective against communicable diseases, why have we not been wearing them, since, I don't know, the beginning of time?  If masks cured the flu this season, which if you haven't seen those numbers they are a doozy as well, then why have we not been wearing masks since the beginning.

Well golly gee, you called him Lord Fauci and you called my mask a "face diaper" so I immediately discredit everything you say.  Maybe try this video of lead epidemiologist Anthony Fauci.  Give it a listen and judge for yourself:

So, now that I am vaccinated and free, no indoor dining or entertainment, continue to wear and mask and distance, well damn lead epidemiologist Anthony Fauci, remind me again what the purpose of taking the vaccine is?

And did you care to read the article about the nuns?  Any thoughts on that?  I called them nuns and not "sisters" or any other term that would discredit me.

• Linking tweets is not reporting...no wonder people have less respect for the media, they don't know what they do.
    I get I am in the minority here, by probably a 99-1 margin (however I have received private correspondence thanking me for my efforts), but the tweets I link are not people giving their opinions and that's it.  They are actual news stories (and or videos, see my newest above) of everything that I am saying.  Just to be clear, I am not spreading "mis" or "dis" information, just regurgitating what was previously reported.
This discussion has been closed.